Dragons of Rage Completed mod released!

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gillian Seed »

I'm removing the "Joe" and "wolf" enemies now. Joe just looks REALLY gay and the wolves are annoying
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

I now have a playable ALL THE WAY THROUGH DC version..
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

cool! Lets play!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hokutoy wrote:For now i'm doing some games in FENIX for GP32 (compatible with dreamcast aswell i think) like Street Figter 2 Pong :D http://www.gp32spain.com/files/juegos/s ... I_Pong.rar
[...]
[...]
Wraggster ported your game to DC a while ago:

http://fenix.dcemu.co.uk/sf2pong.shtml

@Gillian Seed: Please send the updated .txt files to DCSteve (BORRev)... :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

If I can find Steve...

I'm dubbing the version I made: Bounce & Byakki: Dragons of Rage

left with only 2 playable characters, Byakki, and Mai S (who I added in |/| )
I also took out the Joe's and the wolves..

I just need opinions of what you others think.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

I'll put a few finishing touches to let others know that this isn't the original version, but I know that as aplayer, I'm just concerned about playing through the entire game. :)

besides, having something nice to look at (Mai) never hurt anyone.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

Sorine i know you mean well, but you really should ask King Herb if its ok.
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

Spoke with him today. he's cool with it.
kingherb
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

dc version

Post by kingherb »

there will be no need to release or work on a dc version because i have done it myself, im just making some minor adjustments to the gameplay.
the dc version will still feature all playable characters etc, the things that will be missing are 2 enamies, and some animations that arnt needed but apart from that the dc version will work great. i'll try releasing it as soon as possable!

btw gillian seed i dont think joe looks gay :o and i wouldnt really want mai s in it, she wouldnt fit in right as a playable character in my game sorry :?
know thy self
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

I had a completely working version working for ps2 and DC and was able to play It to the end. All in game cutscenes are still in place. I used enemies from the game Itself to replace the large characters. Kusare was replaced by Shermie and Judith combo Earthquake has been replaced by a Judith Shermie Joe Combo. Shigen was replaced by Kagami and Judith combo and eliminating the rain and wind effects were the only changes because the CPU considered these a large character/obstacle and used up some memomry in the case of the shore and the wind that is the only other change I made plus fixed the missing floors. Nothing was added from any other game because I felt the ability to juggle characters on a combo would be lost if I had added any other characters. Fixed the sounds for the wolf. He now barks when attacking and yelps if he dies The sounds for the wolf were 16bit mono changed them to 8 bit mono and now the wolf has sound. My fix had all 5 playable characters and was fully playable on Dreamcast and also thoroughly tested on PS2 to fully work with no lock ups or the ugly font messages on top of the screen. Another thing I did to ensure memory would not be an issue was only have one type of obstacle (fence) in the game and only two types of health Items(Chiken and the apple) and only one type of bonus item only money is used as opposed to the scroll and money. Other then that nothing else was changed and has been fully tested to work on PS2 and Dreamcast and having multiple enemies spawn in the screen at once. but I will cancel It then since Kingherb has a working version no need to have two versions for DC I only posted this to let U guys know what I had in store. My fix although completely finished and tested has been oficially cancelled.
kingherb
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

dc version and pc update

Post by kingherb »

the dreamcast version and updated pc version are out now go here http://www.gamikaze.org/board/viewtopic ... 7df19ff3f5

enjoy :D

heres a dc cover i made

know thy self