They say it would never happen. :o

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

They say it would never happen. :o

Post by vicviper74 »

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25075
Hey, I loved my Dreamcast but now I love my XBOX even more!!
Cant wait to play all my old games
Since my dreamcast burned out

It will be fun.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

like the one guy said in that thread: "Id dread to see what the speed is like on the xbox". unless they can take full advantage of the xbox's hardware and not just rely on pure cpu power like most emu's seem to do, i dont think the xbox port will get very far. but thats just me. :rumpshaker:
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

huh?
Port?? Its the creator himself doing it!!! didnt you read the post?
which mean if he need to tweak somthing he can do it. its not like some one took the source and said "Well I'll port it, and see whats happens."
He alreadys stated that it was running full speed on a 700 mhz PC. And with the os running as well thats gotta be really cool knowing that xbox doesnt have anything running but the emu. I gess time will tell.
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

vicviper74 wrote:huh?
Port?? Its the creator himself doing it!!! didnt you read the post?
which mean if he need to tweak somthing he can do it. its not like some one took the source and said "Well I'll port it, and see whats happens."
He alreadys stated that it was running full speed on a 700 mhz PC. And with the os running as well thats gotta be really cool knowing that xbox doesnt have anything running but the emu. I gess time will tell.
Personally, considering the cost of DCs, I don't really care about this at all. Ah well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

In europe DC are still pretty expensive around 60 to 80 USD sometimes theres are fools selling standart DC for 200USD. Anyway its cool now more people can play those gems that the DC has and see what they were missing.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

That's good news I spose, but:
Anyway its cool now more people can play those gems that the DC has and see what they were missing.
This can only lead to warez. Hell, the whole emu can only lead to warez!

It would be nice to use my xbox to play some great DC games again, but that requires ripping, then burning... all the other crap that goes with burning DC games.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Skynet wrote:That's good news I spose, but:
Anyway its cool now more people can play those gems that the DC has and see what they were missing.

It would be nice to use my xbox to play some great DC games again, but that requires ripping, then burning... all the other crap that goes with burning DC games.
What will happen if more people warez the DC? They might stop making the system?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I know, and that's a good point. I know nothing will happen, sega can't really lose any more money on the system they no longer make games for. But I guess it could just be a moral stance. Kinda like with older consoles. I dunno, whichever way you look at it is encouraging people to download DC games. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that a DC emulator came to PC, I'm just saying is all ;)

Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

There is no way it can properly emulate a Dreamcast on a 700mhz PC. The DC's SH-4 is rated at approximately the same MFLOPS as a 700mhz p3.

also, considering chankast uses directX i smell the use of the leaked xdk... meaning chankast will be even MORE warezy.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

also, considering chankast uses directX i smell the use of the leaked xdk... meaning chankast will be even MORE warezy.
Ah well, I suppose they figure what the hell. If people need warezed games to play it, we might as well make the emu with a leaked xdk anyway. I'm sure no one is really gonna give a crap :P

Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Skynet wrote:
Ah well, I suppose they figure what the hell. If people need warezed games to play it, we might as well make the emu with a leaked xdk anyway. I'm sure no one is really gonna give a crap :P
it just makes the emulation ON the DC look worse, since emulation OF the DC is going to be so illegal.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Well maybe they end buying a DC too when they see how bad the emu runs :wink:
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

give me a break the dreamcast warez scene is huge and established and it will not change with another emulator, that is fact, the people that will buy dreamcasts and games will always buy them and those who warez will mostly always warez. this is my opinion.
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

law56ker wrote:

give me a break the dreamcast warez scene is huge and established and it will not change with another emulator, that is fact, the people that will buy dreamcasts and games will always buy them and those who warez will mostly always warez. this is my opinion.
You know, there can be a healthy medium... Some people burn copies until they can find a real version to buy, or to see if the game with the hefty price tage is actually worth getting. (Not that I'm promoting anything, but some games can be hard to get...)
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
DCPepperoni
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCPepperoni »

so whens the release?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Law: yeah yeah. I know your opinions. Hell I dont think we've ever agreed on anything :roll: Just look at CE posts between me and you in religious debates :lol:

megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

I wonder how a snes emulator would run that was built with Katana :D
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I remember scherzo saying he wouldn't mind dabbling in katana to see what the outcome would be, correct me if I'm wrong. Iirc some other devvers said it might not help as much as you'd think.

megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

I ment from scratch, not a port
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu