Poor cooling

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Poor cooling

Post by megaman8x »

well I got some new ram and computer is working great..for the first 10 hours and now suddenly it just freezes, I checked in side it and it was pretty hot which i dont know why since i have 3 fans installed(one under graphics card and two on the chasis (one sucking in, one blowing out) is it due to poor cooling cause all the other computers in our house has only one fan which is on the chasis and it never has any over heating problems.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

if the entire system stayed the same, except for the ram, you might want to run some memory tests, see if the new dimm isnt faulty or something
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

They make heat sinks just for ram now, might look into that? Seems like they are kinda expensive though. I really don't think they should be required to keep the system running stable though, I always thought they was for the overclockers or just bragging rights.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

I think the ram probles are gone since i stop getting blue screens and instant crashes into games
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Bsod's and crashes would indicate a memory problem, not heat

if they return, test each memory stick with some memory testing program, chances will be one of them is faulty
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

no..what i am saying a ditched the kingston and got some crosair and after chainging ram the poblems have stopped but now windows is freezing after 10 hours which i think most of the heat is coming from my powersuplly
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

You must have some dodgy motherboard or something. I use Kingston memory in EVERYTHING (and I have quite a bit of machines laying around) and never ran into any problems.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

Use Memtest86...Look for it in google.

Don't buy ram heat sinks becuase ram never generates much heat.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

Xylene wrote:You must have some dodgy motherboard or something. I use Kingston memory in EVERYTHING (and I have quite a bit of machines laying around) and never ran into any problems.
Kingston themselves said that the model of ram i had was not reccommended for motherbord which im guessing because it was valueram and its not a memory problem i already tested it and my new crossair ram past alll the test im thinking its the powersupply heat due to the fact the fans is blowiing nothing but hot air
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Ram shouldn't overheat atall. Send it back, get some Corsair they get load tested at 75C
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

well i found out why its freezing aparently i have a damage cpu due to the fact its suppose to be a 2500+ but the highst it goes without gettinb a "cpu over speed" error is at 133 mhz (2100+) and tends to be unstable since it constanly freezes when i have it at 133 so now i have it on 100 mhz (1500+)