Source Changes & Demo

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rastaman33 »

i had the same problem to download the stuff with the explorer and then i tested to download the files with netscape and it worked!
aL BeasTie
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by aL BeasTie »

is there any chance you could repack the source files in .zip or .rar ?

I would still be interested in taking a look, even thou I decided to abandon source changes so the MOD could run on all platforms/consoles.

But a few things that i personally wanted to do.

1. DIESOUND - there is a mistake in the original source that prevents the DIESOUND command working for PLAYER chars (as in players cant have a sfx when they die)

2. ALL players/chars, enemies, backgrounds, objects can use their own .PAL/.ACT for colours (like MUGEN did) this would basically mean 16million colours w/ out 16bit :) (well kinda.... )

3. RANDOM FUNCTIONS - basically for sfx, command string something like
sound data\sound\sfx01.wav random 6 (BoR randomly plays sfx01.wav, sfx02 sfx03.wav etc.) this is something I wanted because BoR doesn't like more than two sounds being played within an animation, no matter if there is like a one minute delay. I wanted this for my MOD so that chars can have speech, but without the same line over and over again everytime the animation runs.
* this is a common thing for most professional games, but it's so annoying!

4. Extra subtypes (NOT NEW) - at least the KNIFE subtype duplicated a few times to allow multiple enemies to have different projectiles. eg. simply KNIFE1 KNIFE2 etc.

I diddn't make a wishlist, these are things the engine could do with what it has.
it can already handle .PAL files, and to my small knowledge random functions shouldn't be that hard to do, it's whether it can be incorporated without a lot of fuss

and i'm guessing the subtypes is something you can do already

anyway just food for thought I guess, here isn't many people bothering w/ source changes, so I personally would like to see what else you can come up with, even if it doesn't directly relate to your own MOD, I'm sure others would welcome it.

BTW: If you could assist me with some lines of code to play with I'd be all ears.

Keep Up The Good Work!
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

i dont know if you where talking too me or not but i did repack the source files to zip :wink: and if you want it get it from here

http://www.geocities.com/dcfiles1/

like the ideas you have for the source changes!
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

aL BeasTie wrote:is there any chance you could repack the source files in .zip or .rar ?

I would still be interested in taking a look, even thou I decided to abandon source changes so the MOD could run on all platforms/consoles.

But a few things that i personally wanted to do.

1. DIESOUND - there is a mistake in the original source that prevents the DIESOUND command working for PLAYER chars (as in players cant have a sfx when they die)
I've re-uploaded it as a .rar now. (.exe's were taken down)
DOSDemo
DCDemo
DOSSource
DCSource

1. I never noticed that before I'll look into it see if I can find out why that is.

aL BeasTie wrote:2. ALL players/chars, enemies, backgrounds, objects can use their own .PAL/.ACT for colours (like MUGEN did) this would basically mean 16million colours w/ out 16bit :) (well kinda.... )
I think adding in that feature might be a tad beyond my abilities atm.
aL BeasTie wrote:3. RANDOM FUNCTIONS - basically for sfx, command string something like
sound data\sound\sfx01.wav random 6 (BoR randomly plays sfx01.wav, sfx02 sfx03.wav etc.) this is something I wanted because BoR doesn't like more than two sounds being played within an animation, no matter if there is like a one minute delay. I wanted this for my MOD so that chars can have speech, but without the same line over and over again everytime the animation runs.
* this is a common thing for most professional games, but it's so annoying!
so you just want it to play a random sound? Also if you want multiple sounds in one animation you could just make one sound file include all necessary sound effects and sync it to the animation.
aL BeasTie wrote:4. Extra subtypes (NOT NEW) - at least the KNIFE subtype duplicated a few times to allow multiple enemies to have different projectiles. eg. simply KNIFE1 KNIFE2 etc.
Already implemented(5 extra) as well as player projectiles(5 of these too) (however player projectile will not hit other players).

aL BeasTie wrote: I diddn't make a wishlist, these are things the engine could do with what it has.
it can already handle .PAL files, and to my small knowledge random functions shouldn't be that hard to do, it's whether it can be incorporated without a lot of fuss

and i'm guessing the subtypes is something you can do already

anyway just food for thought I guess, here isn't many people bothering w/ source changes, so I personally would like to see what else you can come up with, even if it doesn't directly relate to your own MOD, I'm sure others would welcome it.

BTW: If you could assist me with some lines of code to play with I'd be all ears.

Keep Up The Good Work!
Thanks, and I can certainly try to help you with your own changes.

EDIT: Thanks rastaman33
Last edited by Lord_Ball on Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

no problem :)
aL BeasTie
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by aL BeasTie »

I replied earlier, but for some reason the post diddnt go up!

thanks to you both for quick reply, I managed to get the DOSsource.zip from you rastaman, but the .rar files you posted won't download for me, it just goes to the host site, but download never starts.

with the sfx, I had thought of that already, and tried it. The results are even more niose going on, because mainly I need them for idle animations, it doesn't work to well when they run off and the sound file goes for ages, and messes up the sound.

sorry I cant remember what i posted b4, i g2g now
aL BeasTie
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by aL BeasTie »

any news on this mod lord ball? I really hope you are still going to release it.
\you have done some fine work so far
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Actually I put this mod on the back burner as PSX sprite ripping is quite a slow process, however my current mod will showcase most of the features I plan on implementing in this mod as well.