hmmmm......

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
DCPepperoni
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

hmmmm......

Post by DCPepperoni »

Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I suspect some shill bidding or something of the sort.
Very sexy hero, omg
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Remember, AU dollars are less than American dollars. Also, I heard DC stuff goes pretty high down in Austrailia.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

fatheadpi wrote:Remember, AU dollars are less than American dollars.
Yeah - but even with the conversion rate, that's still $435 USD. That's a lot of money for a DC. :o
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yeah - but even with the conversion rate, that's still $435 USD. That's a lot of money for a DC.
Yes, yes it is.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

If you average each game @ $20 each, there's $280.
The consoles rarely go for less than $100 in stores, thus bringing the total to $380.
2x VMU and a rumble pack... let's say $60 total. Bringing it to $440.

I can't actually see a legit copy of a game shark there, so that's out of the question. The other games in question are obviously warez, homebrew or emulators. Definately out of the question.

So to recap I'm guessin $440 for all of that at store prices (yes, we get royally shafted). Because he's trying to sell warez,homebrew, etc. That would knock him down to atleast $400.

He is ripping off whoever does eventually win the auction, that's for sure. But DCs are pretty expensive here. It's not a matter of finding them, as I know of many places to buy them. But at the same price as a GC, I think people are going to pick the GC for it's better graphics and such. Sure the DC can do more, but I'm sure most consumers want an updated library of games, rather than an obsolete master peice with only the occasional shooter released from Japan :roll:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
DCPepperoni
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCPepperoni »

im from Aus..

and this is crazzzzy...

i see better systems going for $100

they may cost more here... but still
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

i see better systems going for $100
Yes, systems for that much. As I said in my post. But I have yet to see a console coming with games for that much. Game Traders has them for $100 no games. Cash Converters is the same. But they never come with games. And when I do see games they're around the $20 mark. So, as I said, going by store prices he's really only charging an extra $100+ dollars

DCPepperoni
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCPepperoni »

yeah..

well look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 10805&rd=1

this system is atleast 3 times better... i know its got 3 days left.. but the other one had 4 days left and it was selling for $360 - and well only local pickup shouldnt affect it too much
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

hrm he does pickup only but accepts bank deposit and COD? :?

If I could get it for less than $100 and he'd ship to Adelaide, I'd snap that up in a second!!

BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Nothing ever seems to go down in price over here. People always seem to sell things second-hand for around 95% of the price that a new one would cost. You might see it for 80% it's heavily damaged. I've seen PCs for sale that are so old they aren't really usable for much aside from a doorstop selling for $600 (and I could build a much more capable one for less than that).

In this case, it's even dodgier when you consider than most of the games are (or at least appear to be) copies.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

What I really don't get is how it's more expensive to buy a 2nd hand DC game than it is to buy a 2nd hand GC or PS2 game (in some cases).

For a system that didn't seem to do too great over here, a lot of people are pretty scabby when it comes to selling them. I've only ever met 3 other people in my life that have a DC and only one of those, besides me, actually likes and still played his DC (last time we spoke any how).

On a side note, I'm gonna try and get one off a guy at work. He says he doesn't really play it any more, so I might be able to convince him to part ways with it.