Are there still quality cartoons out there?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are there still quality cartoons out there?

Post by AuroEdge »

I've been home sick for the past two days (today and yesterday) from school, and am sorely disappointed. I've only seen one quality show, The Price is Right!. Whatever happened to good cartoons like TailSpin and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles never mind the really good ones like Transformers and Thunder Cats? I did see one semi-interesting show that had some really nifty looking CGI but that's about it...
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

The good TMNT doesn't show anymore, it got replaced by some stupid cartoon that wasn't worth watching, kinda like the good X-Men got replaced by X-Men Evolution. Tailspin shows on Toon Disney, along with Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, the good Spider Man, and the original X-Men from the mid 90's. Transformers Armada shows on Cartoon Network still, I think. But it is nothing like the original. Also, Thunder Cats got took off CN about a year ago. Just get Boomerang and watch Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

that_guy wrote:The good TMNT doesn't show anymore, it got replaced by some stupid cartoon that wasn't worth watching, kinda like the good X-Men got replaced by X-Men Evolution. Tailspin shows on Toon Disney, along with Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, the good Spider Man, and the original X-Men from the mid 90's. Transformers Armada shows on Cartoon Network still, I think. But it is nothing like the original. Also, Thunder Cats got took off CN about a year ago. Just get Boomerang and watch Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw.
The New TMNT isn't bad, the new XMEN is shit tho. Dexter's lab is like the only cartoon I actually watch, I dun get a lot of these cartoons liek Kenny the Shark, its like "I am a middle aged shark!" "I am a little girl!" "We live together defying my inability to breathe above water!" "Aren't we funny!"
I for real am just lost when watching that show, I don't get it.
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

All cartoons are politically correct now. That's why you see hacked up versions of Tom & Jerry, oh and Loony Tunes seems to be missing in action somewhere too. :(

The TMNT was remade to make it more politically correct, Baxter is now some black dude.

X-Men is also more politically correct.

Political correctness is the most dumbest thing in the universe as far as I am concerned.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Invisix wrote:All cartoons are politically correct now. That's why you see hacked up versions of Tom & Jerry, oh and Loony Tunes seems to be missing in action somewhere too. :(

The TMNT was remade to make it more politically correct, Baxter is now some black dude.

X-Men is also more politically correct.

Political correctness is the most dumbest thing in the universe as far as I am concerned.
Yes,yes it is.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

If I remember right, in the comics, Baxter WAS black. Now, on the other hand, it is more violent, and the turtles are more mature (raphael comes to mind).
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I think they still play some great classic cartoons on ABC Family. Every Saturday and Sunday they were running classic Hulk cartoons, the good Xmen cartoon, and the original Spiderman from the the 60's, plus the Spiderman from the 90's, and occasionally they play Spiderman 2020 and a few others.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Best part from Dexter's Laboratory has to be the episode with the Golden Retriever. It barks all night so he invents something to translate to english... what does it translate the nightly barking to?...

"I'm barking! I'm Barking! I hear you barking! I'm barking too! Can you hear me barking! I hear you barking!"...

Had tears rolling for that one...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

My favorite episode of Dexters Laboratory, is when the Dad is dancing around the house in his drawers, to rock music. :D
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I like dexters lab,but not the new one's where they got a new artist I just do not liek the "look" any more.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I don't know how new it is seeing as how long it takes the UK to get most american TV, but I thought the Justice League series was pretty good while I was channel hopping a few weekends back :dontknow:
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

I think it's exclusively aired in Canada, but I really enjoy Delta State. In fact, it's the only think not airing in re-runs that I actaully watch.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I don't know how new it is seeing as how long it takes the UK to get most american TV, but I thought the Justice League series was pretty good while I was channel hopping a few weekends back :dontknow:
Off topic, but I just got 57 results searching for ":dontknow:" from nyar. Ever think you use that emoticon too much?

bah, can't get it displaying in the quote and not when i say it.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I've noticed that some of the newer cartoons are funny at times, but crap at others.

For example, Kim Possible is hilarious when it deals with Global Justice (which sadly, isn't often), but it's usually terrible when it deals with Drakken (which is almost all of the time).
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS!!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Butters wrote: Off topic, but I just got 57 results searching for ":dontknow:" from nyar. Ever think you use that emoticon too much?
Top 5 emoticons in order of preference:

:roll: by a looooooooooooong way
:twisted:
:dontknow:
:pimp:
:guffaw:

so, no, I don't use it too much :roll: :twisted: :dontknow: :pimp: :guffaw:
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

Sanchez wrote:Best part from Dexter's Laboratory has to be the episode with the Golden Retriever. It barks all night so he invents something to translate to english... what does it translate the nightly barking to?...

"I'm barking! I'm Barking! I hear you barking! I'm barking too! Can you hear me barking! I hear you barking!"...

Had tears rolling for that one...
:lol: "Oh the thing, it's the thing, the thing is here, the thing the thing, the thing is here." Yeah, that was a good episode.
Nyarlathotep wrote:I don't know how new it is seeing as how long it takes the UK to get most american TV, but I thought the Justice League series was pretty good while I was channel hopping a few weekends back

Are you talking about the original Justice League or Justice League Unlimited. Both are pretty good.
MetaFox wrote:Kim Possible is hilarious when it deals with Global Justice (which sadly, isn't often), but it's usually terrible when it deals with Drakken (which is almost all of the time).
:lol: You watch Kim Possible??
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

i like spongebob, fairly oddparents, teen titans, justice league, futurama, family guy, ATHF, sealab....ohhhh that sealab..., simpsons, those are all pretty good :mrgreen:
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

^You need to fix your sig, read the forum rules.
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

sorry did't realize it was too big