Ban the 'offensive' nativity scene

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ban the 'offensive' nativity scene

Post by Hawq »

Yes from some 'politically correct' losers comes another batch of seasonal crap
politically correct jobsworths call it ?offensive? and are banning it in their drive to obliterate festive traditions.
Festive traditions are facing gradual extinction thanks to barmy bureaucrats who WRONGLY believe they are offensive to followers of religions other than Christianity.

The list of endangered customs is growing by the day. In many offices, factories, schools and tourist attractions across Britain:

NATIVITY scenes and the words Merry Christmas are being erased from greetings cards.

DECORATIONS such as tinsel and baubles can no longer be put up.

STAFF are banned from enjoying Christmas lunch or parties, and

CAROL services cannot be advertised.
Stores are closing Santa?s grottos. And even Tony Blair has jumped on the bandwagon.

One of the cards being sent out this year by the PM ? a committed Christian ? omits the C-word and just says: ?Best wishes for the New Year.?
& is it the other faiths doing this?
Other religious groups happily celebrate festivals such as the Hindu and Sikh Diwali, the Jewish Hanukkah and the Muslim Eid-ul-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan.

And ironically the threat to Christmas is NOT coming from them, but from ignorant jobsworths working for government departments, councils and charities.
So thats a no then, its not others doin it, full story here though it lacks the other examples the paper gives for some reason such as the Red Cross, an orginsation named after a christian/catholic symbol, banning workers from using the 'C' word (Christmas) at a 'festive' lunch (thats what they had to call it 'festive' or they couldnt have one) its insane
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Wtf does Christmas have to do with Christianity anyway?
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

on-a-serious-note
Somewhat off-topic, but I had been willing to mention this after making a mental note not too long ago;Christmas has become a pagan holiday. The season worships the symbols of the holiday rather than the actual belief behind it. Christmas is about Christmas Trees, presents, and Santa Clause. Any kid will tell you, "Fuck Jesus. I want a scooter."

Watch the Christmas parades and tell me differently.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:on-a-serious-note
Somewhat off-topic, but I had been willing to mention this after making a mental note not too long ago;Christmas has become a pagan holiday. The season worships the symbols of the holiday rather than the actual belief behind it. Christmas is about Christmas Trees, presents, and Santa Clause. Any kid will tell you, "fudge Jesus. I want a scooter."

Watch the Christmas parades and tell me differently.
Christmas is a pagan holiday. Hence my question: what the fuck does Christianity have to do with Christmas? Personally, I side with the Witnesses on the subject.
It's thinking...
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Most of the "Christian" holidays were originally pagan holidays.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Okay, I read the article, and to be brutally honest it looks like one of those chain emails full of made-up unverifiable claims that people start in order to attack one political group by preying on the fears of another political group. I mean, come on:
Some of the people who want to ban Christmas like to pose as caring liberals, anxious about the feelings of, say, Muslims.
Who wants to ban Christmas? Oh, sorry, they forgot to actually mention anyone who has actually advocated banning Christmas. Hacktacular.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

We should either ban Christmas or make every day a legally recognized holiday. Every day probably a holiday in some culture. Who's to say our culture is best?
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Roofus wrote:We should either ban Christmas or make every day a legally recognized holiday. Every day probably a holiday in some culture. Who's to say our culture is best?
Who's to say our culture is the worst?
No one with facts,anyways.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
int80h
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by int80h »

I find it offensive when someone puts a white Jesus in a nativity scene.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

int80h wrote:I find it offensive when someone puts a white Jesus in a nativity scene.
It's true. Why isn't Jesus brown? He should be.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Why is'nt jesus purple AHH IM TEH AGRIEZ!!!1
DYTDMFBSB?
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Christmas is a Christian holiday chosen to be on december 25th which coincided with the pagan holiday marking the winter solstice. In Rome the celbration was called Saturnalia, honoring Saturn and in Northern Europe the pagan celebration honored Mithras, and yule. Anyway Bishop Liberus of Rome decided to mark Christs birth on the 25 of december because it was so close to so many pagan festivals. Besides the two I mentioned earlier, the babylonians honored the son of the queen of heaven, the egyptians celebrated the son of Isis, the arabs celebrated the moon I think. It was much easier to convert "gentiles" if you have your holidays around their old holidays. If you were trying to convert people who celebrated and got drunk on dec. 25th you would be smart to make your special holidays on the same day. The gentiles wanted to celebrate and were used to celebrating on those days.

So darc, it is a christian holiday that is on the wrong day. Most historians think that Jesus was born in september, but december worked better for converting purposes.

int80h, why are you offended by the white jesus? He definately wasnt black, like he is in baptist churches. I think many people like to forget that Jesus was a Jew, so he either looked like an arab, or he looked like a Jew. Most Jews are whiter skinned than not. So he was either dark like an arab, or light like a Jew., not black like an african.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

did you guys see the wacky nativity on the news last night? It had david beckham as joseph, posh spice as mary, tony blair, and GW Bush were wise men, and kylie manogue was the angel overlooking it all. That was insane.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

yeah i saw that, prince phillip, gwb and tony blair as wise men... im guessing it was meant to be ironic since prince phillip is notoriously retarded... and gwb and tony blair are themselves.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

|darc| wrote:Wtf does Christmas have to do with Christianity anyway?
Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, surely you know that? Basically the entire season is meant to celebrate that. That is why people put out the wise men displays and all that stuff. How Santa and the Christmas Tree got tied into it is another story though.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

zerotype wrote:
Roofus wrote:We should either ban Christmas or make every day a legally recognized holiday. Every day probably a holiday in some culture. Who's to say our culture is best?
No one. Culture is neither inherently good or bad. And it has no "right to existence" either.
No signature.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

zerotype wrote:
You would say that, Adolf.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Roofus wrote:
zerotype wrote:
My name is not Adolf guess again.
DYTDMFBSB?
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

zerotype wrote:
Roofus wrote:
zerotype wrote:
My name is not Adolf guess again.
Ok, Stalin.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

*proudly displays plastic nativity scene on balcony of house*