Panzer Dragoon Saga for the psp?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Panzer Dragoon Saga for the psp?

Post by SuperMegatron »

I was just watching a video game special on tv and sega said they had huge stuff coming to the ds and psp they showed clips of the games on the psp and one looked like panzer dragoon saga that game alone makes the system worth gettting
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I doubt its saga, probably a normal Panzer Dragoon game. Will be awesome anyhow :)
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Saga will never be re-released. I don't think Sega would ever cheapen Saga's "rarity" by releasing it on a handheld console. I believe companies get some kind of satisfaction out of knowing one of their games have reached "rare" status...esspecially when the game comes with a prict tag like Saga.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Saga will never be re-released. I don't think Sega would ever cheapen Saga's "rarity" by releasing it on a handheld console. I believe companies get some kind of satisfaction out of knowing one of their games have reached "rare" status...esspecially when the game comes with a prict tag like Saga.
Sega is a for profit company. They'd release it in a heartbeat if they thought it would sell.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Lot of good saga would do with that 50 minute battery life (yes that's an exageration) but really since you'd have to be plugged in at home to really get use out of it buy a $30 saturn and a $100 - $150 game off ebay and you'd still be paying less than the PSP and game.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

The psp version would offer a very nice graphical over do and for those of us who have already beat the saturn version this would be a nice present. Bad 3d isnt really the coolest thing ever. I'm more of a 2d fan but when I want 3d I want the best possable 3d that can be devilared.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

farrell2k wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote:Saga will never be re-released. I don't think Sega would ever cheapen Saga's "rarity" by releasing it on a handheld console. I believe companies get some kind of satisfaction out of knowing one of their games have reached "rare" status...esspecially when the game comes with a prict tag like Saga.
Sega is a for profit company. They'd release it in a heartbeat if they thought it would sell.
If I remember correctly, the game sold like hotcakes when it was initialy released, and I'm fairly confident that it would sell if it were re-released. It's kinda like Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania Rondo of Blood and even NiGHTS. Any of those games would sell if they were re-released...but they never will be re-released because they've reached near-mythical status, and re-releasing them would cheapen the value of the originals. But, of course...I could be wrong. I would LOOOOOVE to see a re-release of any of those games :D
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Vlad Tepes wrote: If I remember correctly, the game sold like hotcakes when it was initialy released, and I'm fairly confident that it would sell if it were re-released. It's kinda like Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania Rondo of Blood and even NiGHTS. Any of those games would sell if they were re-released...but they never will be re-released because they've reached near-mythical status, and re-releasing them would cheapen the value of the originals. But, of course...I could be wrong. I would LOOOOOVE to see a re-release of any of those games :D
They only released 40,000 copies in the US. There was a rumor of it being a dreamcast launch title but it didnt happen.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Was more than a rumor there was concept art too. But I don't believe it was Saga I believe its what turned into whats now known as Orta.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Sorrie wrote:The psp version would offer a very nice graphical over do and for those of us who have already beat the saturn version this would be a nice present. Bad 3d isnt really the coolest thing ever. I'm more of a 2d fan but when I want 3d I want the best possable 3d that can be devilared.
If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Plain and simple the game is widely sought after so obviously the "crappy" graphics don't mean a lick. Not to mention the PSP isn't some all powerful machine the graphics would be FAR from the best 3D that can be devilared (I'm guessing that's suppose to be delivered?).

You just can't beat the novelty and collectability of an original anyway, or if it's like other games that got sony ports (Lunar for instance) it'd end up sucky anyway.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Theres only one bad lunar and its Lunar for GBA. The PSX where a lot better than the intial remakes released on saturn. I'd know I own every single version of lunar there is. PSX, Saturn and CD. Includes japanese and english versions.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

All I played were the SegaCD and PSX versions, sure the PSX version is "prettier", but I found it's story to be over explained and actually detracts from the "orignal story" of the SegaCD version. I haven't played PDS but if a similar scenario happens it would be rather depressing.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

PDS Only lives up to its legendaryness because its so rare. It's not the inovate or stunny game at all. The storys very good in it and if thats all the matters to you then your gonna love the game. However the way it goes about telling you the story kinda sucks. It cramps about 45Minutes worth of video cutscreens at you after about every 1 or so of game play. You spend a lot of time wandering around because theres not much of a story while in game play only in the movies. It's just a medicore rpg to me. Worth the $100 I paied for it probably not. I prefer magic knight rayearth anyday.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

SuperMegatron wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote: If I remember correctly, the game sold like hotcakes when it was initialy released, and I'm fairly confident that it would sell if it were re-released. It's kinda like Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania Rondo of Blood and even NiGHTS. Any of those games would sell if they were re-released...but they never will be re-released because they've reached near-mythical status, and re-releasing them would cheapen the value of the originals. But, of course...I could be wrong. I would LOOOOOVE to see a re-release of any of those games :D
They only released 40,000 copies in the US. There was a rumor of it being a dreamcast launch title but it didnt happen.
I've read online the Panzer Dragoon Saga had an initial run of like 4,000, with a second run of about 3,000.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Sorrie wrote:PDS Only lives up to its legendaryness because its so rare. It's not the inovate or stunny game at all. The storys very good in it and if thats all the matters to you then your gonna love the game. However the way it goes about telling you the story kinda sucks. It cramps about 45Minutes worth of video cutscreens at you after about every 1 or so of game play. You spend a lot of time wandering around because theres not much of a story while in game play only in the movies. It's just a medicore rpg to me. Worth the $100 I paied for it probably not. I prefer magic knight rayearth anyday.
It has a good story line. Its not on the level of Shinning force but its worth 100-180 for the experience of playing it
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

I think you're money better spent buying Rayearth and Alberts Oddessey for about $60 a piece.