List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DcSteve »

Nakamichi, your request for jumppack support is very difficult to implement due to the fact that every snes has its own tones and sounds. The programmers have to find a way to implement the rumble ability in each unique game, or a specific type of tone for each game. There are easier ways to implement supoort, but you would not have that "feel" that you wanted.
O_ONanaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by O_ONanaki »

Speed, of course, but that's like a given.
Optional graphics enhancements, as in ZSNES, with the different engines.
And... Netplay?
There's no Naki like Nanaki.
perh
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by perh »

I think it would be great to be able to play ChronoTrigger or FF3
without going through the startup/menu screens
Well, you would still have to watch some of the startup screens,
namely at a minumum the ones that say who made dreamSNES and why it is
not to be sold for money.
A ROM reset function of the pad would save time because you
wouldnt have to load the DSNES menu every time.
Well, once the emulator is started the menu stays in RAM. You would
not have to enter the menu, though.

But I still fail to see why a function to reset the SNES emulation is
all that useful.

There are other functions to bind to the severely limited number of
keys available on a controller.
Hi-Quality Low-pass sound filter (the bass tones will be much smoother like on a real SNES)
And almost as slow as doing the sound emulation in 44kHz. ;-) The
sound code already use a disproportional amount of CPU.
Some MP3 player options: Previous,Next,Stop,Play,Timer and
KHz/kBps indicator (to use DSNES as a full-fledged MP3 player)
There are previous and next selectors already, try going to the setup
menu and then press left/right or ltrigger/rtrigger.
THREE types of preset controller configurations:
PHYSICAL,COLOR-IDENTICAL and ANALOG (I need this badly,especially the
second config. option)
I guess ANALOG means to swap the behaviour of the analog and digital
pads?
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

But I still fail to see why a function to reset the SNES emulation is
all that useful.
You do realise I was talking about a ROM reset, and not a DSNES reset, right?
If a reset button isn't useful why did the original SNES (as well as most other consoles on the market) have one? heh I guess it's just me who used to use that thing then... ;)
There are other functions to bind to the severely limited number of
keys available on a controller
This is why I suggested (in my first post in this thread) implementing your idea of using the analog stick as shift button - even if you forget about the reset thing, you're still going to run out of buttons at some point.
HoRnEyDvL
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by HoRnEyDvL »

I recond a save state load State Feature would Be Awsom It shouldnot take up that many pages on the vmu. Also one u have finished the game who is going 2 leave the saved state Ofcource your going 2 delete it off the vmu. :lol: As for the options i would like 2 see a fature 2 disable the mp3 from playing.
Lifes A Bitch So Fuck It
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

perh wrote:
Why is this exactly? Doesn't the DC have a special sound processor?
I've never heard this explained...
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

The thing I want the most (well that isn't obvious) is a random option for the mp3 player.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Well, you would still have to watch some of the startup screens,
namely at a minumum the ones that say who made dreamSNES and why it is
not to be sold for money.
So just the "You were cheated... Download the newest copy from..." screen would show up before the rom was loaded?? That sounds cool to me :) .
You could use a special ip.bin (like the one on the DcTonic disc) to explain that Dsnes isn't registered by Sega instead of the screen at the startup..

Whats the word on themes?? Will we ever have the option to change themes?
..swap the behaviour of the analog and digital
pads?
I like the idea.

-Zac
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

..swap the behaviour of the analog and digital
pads?
ZacMc wrote:I like the idea.
-Zac
Yeah, that's what I had been thinking about for awhile. It would make all those games that use a cursor a lot more playable, if it could be done easily.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
mogwai
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mogwai »

How about a rom information page? like the beufe frontend, or what neopockett does. You enter information about the game when your burning the cd put in some jpegs, maybe a guide, etc. Make it more like an archive. Is this feasable? It could be done with some html code, it would add a lot to the emulator and it wouldnt slow the actual emulation down any. Any takers?

oh yeah, and pal lightgun support would be wicked.
perh
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by perh »

How about a rom information page? like the beufe frontend, or what neopockett does. You enter information about the game when your burning the cd put in some jpegs, maybe a guide, etc. Make it more like an archive. Is this feasable? It could be done with some html code, it would add a lot to the emulator and it wouldnt slow the actual emulation down any. Any takers?
It would be highly useful, I can agree on that, but a full-fledged HTML renderer is a non-trivial project.

And please don't suggest porting mozilla / gtkhtml or something like that. :-)
Mr.TA
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mr.TA »

mirrorsaw_2000 wrote:
Why is this exactly? Doesn't the DC have a special sound processor?
I've never heard this explained...
The SH4 (DC's main CPU) in the DC is emulating both video and sound processes in the SNES. AFAIK, the ARM7 (DC's sound chip) isn't doing anything emulation related.

BTW,while were talking about the ARM7...can someone please explain why the ARM7 is deemed "too slow" when ALL the documentation I've ever read says different? Heh,executing 40 MIPS should be more than enough processing power to emulate the SPC700.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Heh,executing 40 MIPS should be more than enough processing power to emulate the SPC700.
Never, ever trust MIPS/MFLOPS figures to accurately represent the overall performance of a processor. I think the AICA ARM might be fast enough, but remember that snes9x is written primarily for portability and accuracy, meaning that the existing sound core would probably need to be substantially rewritten to run nicely. That's not a project to undertake lightly, and it shouldn't be any surprise that the DreamSNES team hasn't done so if they aren't sure that the result would work well.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Yes,the ANALOG config. option means swapping digital and analog controllers,so some games like the cursor ones can be played with more accurate control.

And about the sound filter and the 44kHz option - PLEASE include them in the new release(but to be selectable,not default).It will slow the emulation a lot,but that's not the true purpose of this option.It's for those games that have a SOUND TEST screen,so you can go to that game's static SOUND TEST screen in the game and listen to the music in HI QUALITY.Since there's no action on screen,just a background,mostly the SPC700 emulation will use the DC's CPU power and I can enjoy all the game music in nearly-perfect SNES quality.The transparency disable option included will make a great boost to the speed in those SOUND TEST screens that use transparency(Puyo Puyo,ISS Deluxe,etc.)

And,the ROM RESET feature is a much requested feature that MUST be included.

So what do you think of this now,perh? :)
perh
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by perh »

BTW,while were talking about the ARM7...can someone please explain why the ARM7 is deemed "too slow" when ALL the documentation I've ever read says different? Heh,executing 40 MIPS should be more than enough processing power to emulate the SPC700.
If you get 40MIPS out of that ARM, I will be very impressed.
And,the ROM RESET feature is a much requested feature that MUST be included.
Again, why? I mean, why would you want to reset the ROM? On a real SNES I can see why, it's because you want to swap the cartridge, however, I fail to see the reason in a emulator.

And why do you shout some words?
Never, ever trust MIPS/MFLOPS figures to accurately represent the overall performance of a processor. I think the AICA ARM might be fast enough, but remember that snes9x is written primarily for portability and accuracy, meaning that the existing sound core would probably need to be substantially rewritten to run nicely. That's not a project to undertake lightly, and it shouldn't be any surprise that the DreamSNES team hasn't done so if they aren't sure that the result would work well.
The ARM is about 10 times to slow to run the sound code as it stands now, if I remember correctly.
Whats the word on themes?? Will we ever have the option to change themes?
Well, I guess that that would be one way to get you all to install a pike. :-)
However, the theme generation programs are not exactly user friendly.

Making DreamSNES themable is not exactly high on the priority list right now.[/i]
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Taht's not shouting :)
When I write a word in CAPS,it's like using italics.
But when I shout,I use an exclamation mark (!)
That's the way I write in forums,so a word in caps written by Nakamichi has the same meaning as written in Japanese Katakana(if you know a bit of how Japanese write :)
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi,

Ok here goes, not really THAT thought thru but I'll give one off the top of my head. Why not make a key on the keyboard and a certain key combo on the controller load the last played rom. It would be a quicky feature that for someone who has one rom they are working on like say an RPG would be very useful. Just make it quickly put it in the options save. nothing fancy just a note of what rom you were playing :). Mite even come in handy :)

Your Bro in the DCemu scene,
Link
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

The "Turbo mode" would be nice. I love it in PC SNES emu's and it would be handy in DreamSNES too.
Too bad (for us without keyboards) the button mapping doesn't allow any more features on the controller.
THe man
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by THe man »

If possible try getting the Dsnes to support 3rd party VMU cards.

Oh and for you people capitalizing words try using italics(or bold font) instead of caps(unless it necesary like labeling abbrebeations)because sometimes when some people use caps it almost the same as saying something like "these are the only correct answers" or "this is what you did and you can't make an excuse about", plus it can also be used to put people down by caping some words in a few places.

too bad snes9x doesn't have the ips patch feature like zsnes though..it would be nice to just put both the rom and the ips patch on the disk without patching the rom(with the feature to use the patch or not) that way we can avoid some ips bugs that can cause a rom to mess up but also not have to remake the cd just to fix the problem.
Sig. 1:
Rules are for stupid people...otherwise we wouldn't need them.
Sig 2:
Sensitivty leads to stupidity..period.
Sig. 3:
Words are only given meaning by the person saying/hearing them..only it can make them Hurt inside.
brain_donor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by brain_donor »

THe man wrote:Oh and for you people capitalizing words try using italics(or bold font) instead of caps(unless it necesary like labeling abbrebeations)because sometimes when some people use caps it almost the same as saying something like "these are the only correct answers" or "this is what you did and you can't make an excuse about", plus it can also be used to put people down by caping some words in a few places.
I think italics or bold could be taken the same way.