Help with SMS Plus anyone?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sandman77
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with SMS Plus anyone?

Post by sandman77 »

Sorry if this is elsewhere, but I looked and couldn't find it with the search feature. Can someone tell me how to or provide a link to burn SMS Plus for the DC? I've tried and keep burning coasters, I think I'm doing something a bit off. Any help would be appreciated.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Have you tried Using dir2boot?

Try the IMR Technology site for the download and guide

Or try DC HELP for Tutorials.

other than that what speed are you burning at? x1 is great x4 is good anything above that and you'll get errors.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

i noticed when playing rambo first blood part 2 there was slowdown on a 2 player. but on 1 player it was fine.. i thought it was fullspeed.. i wonder if i did something wrong when burning.
sandman77
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sandman77 »

Thanks Mat. I got it working with selfboot. I was always burning with Discjuggler on 4x, btw.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

impact135 wrote:i noticed when playing rambo first blood part 2 there was slowdown on a 2 player. but on 1 player it was fine.. i thought it was fullspeed.. i wonder if i did something wrong when burning.
That has nothing to do with burning. Does the actual game does this on the Master System?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Yeah some Master System games do slow down on real hardware too...

There's a compatibility list etc on page 2 and 3 on this topic:

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... c&start=40

btw: burning at 8x speed isn't any problem at all, anything above might cause problems with every recorder for any platform (VCD, CDDA, etc), depends on the speed of you HD too...
Insane homebrew collector.
cristfc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by cristfc »

Really.... burning process which you uses dont affect speed in games... Either emulator work or crash before you can load any rom.... Psychic world (MS) first round intro run with slow down... there are some bugs but the emulator is very good... Save and Load states, adjust screen and more... :roll:
Again, Legendary Levels return!!