Magic card question

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Magic card question

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

i have this card called DarkSteel Gargoil.
and on the card it says

Idestructable.
(lethal damage and "destroy" effects dont destroy it.)

does that mean nothing can kill it no matter what?
were betting on this so i hope i win.

btw the only reason im asking is that once i head someone on the boards say that they were good with magic cards and they knew almost everyone.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

It cannot be destroyed or removed from play through damage. There are a few things that could get rid of something like that

1) counter magic style card that places it back into your hand, or removes it from play
2)some things that specify blanket effects that are not 'destroy'

basically, it CAN be removed from play in other ways, but there is no way to actually kill it.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

you could turn it into something else (like say, chickens), then kill the chicken.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

EvilN wrote:you could turn it into something else (like say, chickens), then kill the chicken.
depends on how the transformation effect is stated. some change the creature type, power, etc only and some completely remove it's special properties.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I think the card says "remove target player's creatures from the game, then replace them with 1/1 chicken tokens". It's from unglued.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

EvilN wrote:I think the card says "remove target player's creatures from the game, then replace them with 1/1 chicken tokens". It's from unglued.
ok, you are thinking of a different effect, that isnt transformation. there are actual cards (many of um) that actually modify the creature as opposed to removing it from play and replacing it with another.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: Magic card question

Post by I.M. Weasel »

SadisticSaviorX wrote:i have this card called DarkSteel Gargoil.
and on the card it says

Idestructable.

btw the only reason im asking is that once i head someone on the boards say that they were good with magic cards and they knew almost everyone.
Stupid new-nonsense rules. I stopped playing after nemesis and started when revised came out.

If any one wants a unlimited beserk, $80.
If any one has unlimited sinkholes,ill pay between $10-15 each for them

:roll:
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Hey, if you have an arabian City of brass, id trade quite a few good things for it :wink:

I love the card, and have ever edition of it except the original print (including a DCI stamped promo from a tourney ).
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: Magic card question

Post by toastman »

SadisticSaviorX wrote:i have this card called DarkSteel Gargoil.
and on the card it says

Idestructable.

There's only a few ways to get rid of an Indestructible item. Remove it from the game, counter it, and I believe that stifling works as well.
No signature.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I would have really liked to get into this game. But it is too complecated for any of my friends to get into it. I still have my Giant Stack of them sitting betside my PC unused. Got over $100 tied up in them.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Also any Sorcery/Instant/Interupt that states Bury Target Creature. Bury is differnt from Destroying, a creature that is burried cannot regenerate either so goes to the grave yard ;)

Also yea Counter Spell when it's coming out will work and removing a target creature from the game ala chicken card :lol:
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

You should all go to your local Unhinged tournaments this weekend. I guarantee fun will be had.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

navi wrote:Also any Sorcery/Instant/Interupt that states Bury Target Creature. Bury is differnt from Destroying, a creature that is burried cannot regenerate either so goes to the grave yard ;)

Also yea Counter Spell when it's coming out will work and removing a target creature from the game ala chicken card :lol:
it depends on what era the card is that uses it is from. SAt some point 'bury' as a keyword was phased out. but overall yes, again depending on the context, basically anything that says anything other than 'destroy' specifically will still affect it.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Veggita2099 wrote:I would have really liked to get into this game. But it is too complecated for any of my friends to get into it. I still have my Giant Stack of them sitting betside my PC unused. Got over $100 tied up in them.
They've streamlined the core rules quite a bit so that the fucked up interrupt/instant timing issues are gone. Instead of having Instants and Interrupts, each with their own special rules, there are only Instants now.
This brings up "the stack". Any time you play a spell or ability it goes on "the stack". When people are done responding to each other's spells/abilities, the stack gets resolved in a Last In First Out order.
No signature.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Last in First out is something that has been around since Magic was an Alpha i remember that. however the fastest spells use to be interupts and the slowests were sorceries. Instants are faster then Sorceries but can be interupted ala counter-spell and etc. and that just made sense to me! i mean it's possible to interupt an instant!

Why do they have to keep ?ucking up the rules? :?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

navi wrote:Last in First out is something that has been around since Magic was an Alpha i remember that. however the fastest spells use to be interupts and the slowests were sorceries. Instants are faster then Sorceries but can be interupted ala counter-spell and etc. and that just made sense to me! i mean it's possible to interupt an instant!

Why do they have to keep ƒucking up the rules? :?
i used to play tournies at local and state level. as far as usage goes instant and interrupt are identical. interrupt is simply the depreciated term for instant.

on a side, does anyone here use apprentice / would want to play online? ive had a hankering to play a game since i read this topic =P.

/me drools while reminiscing my opposition/morphling counter control deck
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

navi wrote:Last in First out is something that has been around since Magic was an Alpha i remember that. however the fastest spells use to be interupts and the slowests were sorceries. Instants are faster then Sorceries but can be interupted ala counter-spell and etc. and that just made sense to me! i mean it's possible to interupt an instant!

Why do they have to keep ?ucking up the rules? :?
But Instants and Interrupts had different stacks and I think that Instants went FIFO instead of LIFO. And you could Interrupt and Instant, and Interrupt and Interrupt, but you couldn't respond to an Interrupt with an Instant, and lot's of weird timing crap.
No signature.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

i wish i was 14 again and the game was fresh :(

damn quzar got me wanting to play Magic again and i dun sold all my cards made about 3k from them all :lol: but still i lost them all u.u
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

You could also kill by using a cards like weakness (I think that is what it is called) that gives a creature -1,-1 .Give it enough counters or enchantments to turn its toughness to zero.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Skullreaper2000 wrote:You could also kill by using a cards like weakness (I think that is what it is called) that gives a creature -1,-1 .Give it enough counters or enchantments to turn its toughness to zero.
Nope. Indestructible cards can survive toughness less than zero.
No signature.