List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Captain Tokyo »

nakamichi wrote:perh >>>
Is the new SNES9X "Anti-Resonance" SPU core implemented in DSNES 0.9.7? If it's not,I would like to see that done in 0.9.8.
I can't stand the whining sounds in Final Fantasy III(instead of wind blowing) and the choppy sound missing sound channels in Final Fantasy II.

If you think MIDI wouldn't improve ROM loading,it's OK.It was just an idea.Since it doesn't read the MP3 while scanning the ROMs it's just as good.
Yeah most wind / water sound effects have been pretty poor in previous DSNES releases. That's something I'd like to see changed.

And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this but how about including A RESET BUTTON!!!! (or function)

btw, I liked the idea of using the analog stick as a 'shift' button. That would be great for people such as me who don't have a keyboard.
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Getting Mario RPG working again in the next release would be nice... :)
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

how about a save state on the main menu?
we could go back to main menu and choose either save or load state for the rom that's in the ram
would seem like a pc emu though
:)
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

turbo fire
this second one is just for fun, but how about the emulator playing the mp3's randomly instead of a certain order.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Things I'd like to see in the future versions of DreamSNES..

A reset button in the menu (maybe, L+R+Start). This would be usefull for people that use DI/DemoMenu/DcHakker.

The option to change the frameskip and have a fps counter.

More themes! Some more themes from Kathy Choi would be awesome or we could have a theme competition and the DreamSNES team could select a few more themes that we could use :P

A rom autoload function like NesterDc's game.nes.

Ability to change the .mp3 in the main menu with L/R triggers.

The rom loading is great as it is, all my roms show up in ~2 seconds :o .

-Zac
linkboy321
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

new features in Dreamsnes 0.98

Post by linkboy321 »

Here is what I would like to see in Dreamsnes 0.98.

1. Save-state support
This feature helps becuase it allows you to save games that don't have a save feature, i.e. MegaMan (the password feature sucks)

2. Support for the PSX controller adapters (this applies for NesterDC also)
The DC pad is good, but the PSX controller contains both the NES and SNES pad in it, so it would be a more logical choice. I don't think that it would really be that hard to implement anyways. I'm sure some emulation code could be put into the emulator to allow us to map out the buttons.

Anyways, thanks for a great emulator and keep up the awesome work. We are all pulling for you.
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

Captain Tokyo wrote:And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this but how about including A RESET BUTTON!!!! (or function)
Maybe you need to paw around on the keyboard a little more? ;-)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Re: new features in Dreamsnes 0.98

Post by mc »

linkboy321 wrote:2. Support for the PSX controller adapters (this applies for NesterDC also)
The DC pad is good, but the PSX controller contains both the NES and SNES pad in it, so it would be a more logical choice. I don't think that it would really be that hard to implement anyways. I'm sure some emulation code could be put into the emulator to allow us to map out the buttons.
Are you saying it doesn't work now? Isn't the adapter supposed to make the PSX controller look just like a DC controller so how could it not work?
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
perh
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by perh »

how about a save state on the main menu? we could go back to main menu and choose either save or load state for the rom that's in the ram would seem like a pc emu though

You would need a rather large VMU, though. And most games do support saving natively...

This would be rather easy to add, but is it really all that useful?
Better FX support using the DC's 3D chip for 100% speed and anti-aliasing for those 3D polygonal FX games.
Well, sure, if it was even remotely possible to do that.
You have to realize that the '3d' support in a SNES is very much not easy to map to a normal 3D chip.
Wow so they fixed the rom loading thing huh? That was my main gripe with 0.96 heh i understand if they cant get the games speed up to par but cmon theres no reason for the roms to take 3 mins to load.
It's not all that much faster, really, probably about 5 times faster or so.
So instead of a 300 rom list taking 5 seconds to load it now takes 1.
Miles McCloud
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Miles McCloud »

I'd like to see it a easy way to produce themes for it, like NesterDC. I'd also like to see that autoload a certain ROM thing. Single ROM CD's just seem more authentic, assuming you don't mind wasting a few CD-R's
DSNES is awesome as it is though, The coders are doing a great job.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

mc wrote:
Captain Tokyo wrote:And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this but how about including A RESET BUTTON!!!! (or function)
Maybe you should have read the rest of my post.
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

Captain Tokyo wrote:
mc wrote:
Maybe you should get a keyboard.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

mc wrote:
Captain Tokyo wrote:
mc wrote:
Maybe you should get a keyboard.
hmm why didn't I think of that? </sarcasm>
I'm not going to buy a keyboard just so that I can reset my ROMs on DreamSNES.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Captain Tokyo, stop argueing, first- the dsnes team does not have to add something that doesnt really make much of a difference except for time. So far, the most feasible ideas i see are :

1. A good/bad/corrupt checksum indicator when you load a ROM,accessible with a keyboard option.This is essential for bug testers.- Nakamichi
2. A PAL/NTSC indicator (not a FPS indicator) to see whether your ROM is PAL or NTSC.Also essential for bug testing. - Nakamichi
3. Option in "Options" section to enable/disable fps counter- myself

More ideas please, and dont argue with the programmers, praising is better.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

perh wrote:

This would be rather easy to add, but is it really all that useful?

I think it would be great to be able to play ChronoTrigger or FF3 without going through the startup/menu screens :)
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

DcSteve wrote: 1. A good/bad/corrupt checksum indicator when you load a ROM,accessible with a keyboard option.This is essential for bug testers.- Nakamichi
2. A PAL/NTSC indicator (not a FPS indicator) to see whether your ROM is PAL or NTSC.Also essential for bug testing. - Nakamichi
Can't you just check your roms with GoodSNES to make sure you don't have bad/corrupt roms?
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

One thing that would be good is the ability to enable/disable background layers and sprite. Would make the "disable transparancy"-thing work a whole lot better. And speed up a bit too. 8)
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

DcSteve wrote: More ideas please, and dont argue with the programmers, praising is better.
I wasnt arguing. I've praised the DreamSNES team many times, but praise alone will not make DSNES a better emulator.
I've heard plenty of people in the chatroom ask if it is possible to reset roms, without having to go through the DSNES menu, which is why I suggested it.
And as for the keyboard - Per himself said that the reason there wasn't more keyboard functions is because only a relatively small number of people actually own keyboards.

One thing that would be good is the ability to enable/disable background layers and sprite. Would make the "disable transparancy"-thing work a whole lot better. And speed up a bit too.
Funny that this should be posted above - This is EXACTLY what per was talking about when he was talking about the reason more keyboard functions were not included yet.
the dsnes team does not have to add something that doesnt really make much of a difference except for time
A ROM reset function of the pad would save time because you wouldnt have to load the DSNES menu every time.

If you don't like the idea, then fine it's no big deal - just ignore this post ;)
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

The second half of my wish list for the next DreamSNES release :

6.Turbo Fire Support (I need this for the shooters)

7. Jump Pack Support (It's nice to feel some REAL rumble from the controller)

8. Hi-Quality Low-pass sound filter (the bass tones will be much smoother like on a real SNES

9. THREE types of preset controller configurations: PHYSICAL,COLOR-IDENTICAL and ANALOG (I need this badly,especially the second config. option)

10. Some MP3 player options: Previous,Next,Stop,Play,Timer and KHz/kBps indicator (to use DSNES as a full-fledged MP3 player)

That's all....
:)
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

>>> Can't you just check your roms with GoodSNES to make sure you don't have bad/corrupt roms?

I don't use GoodSNES,because I like to test the ROMs with SNES9x/DreamSNES.This way I test every rom separately,play it a while,check whether it is NTSC or PAL(I prefer NTSC over PAL),and seek all bugs...all with ONE program.And because I don't have a PC (!) I wanna do bug testing 100% with a DC if possible....