Nes and Master System 2 power ratings

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DjB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nes and Master System 2 power ratings

Post by DjB »

A mate of mine has given me a Nes and a MS2 he found at one of the regular council curb side pick ups. I know your all saying theyre probably stuffed but there is no harm im trying. I was wondering the power input ratings on these things as Im planning on buying one of those plugs with about 7 differents jacks on it, all with different ratings.

Also if anyone knows what different RF adaptors I can use on the Master System that would be great as well.

Many thanks.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

the NES takes 9v 1.3A, and the sms is also 9v 1A
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

A regular rf lead will do for both of them, the good thing about those days was all consoels & somputers used the same rf lead, hell one taken from a vcr would work
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Im planning on buying one of those plugs with about 7 differents jacks on it, all with different ratings.
Good idea, they come in handy. I've got about 5 :lol:

NES also has phono, which is quite useful if you only get it out a few times a year and your TV has front Phono connectors
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i just bought a new 72 pin connector for my nes, it barely worked/played games anymore and when it did, they wouldnt work for long so im hopeing it will fix it.
(just paid for it, waiting for it to get to me now)

has anybody else bought one and if so, did it help any?

and the nes sais 9v, but on my older one that i sold i used a 7v adapter that the plug fit off of and it never gave me a problem.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

From what i've heard the new connectors are a godsend and work perfectly. Easy to install too, sometimes the old connector is hard to get off though
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

yeah it can be. ive taken it off to try and clean it (with no luck) so hopefully this will do the trick, if it does i may buy a couple more just in case....
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

The pin connector's either work perfectly or not at all. I replaced mine, it worked great for about 2 days, then broke and never worked again. I probably should have had it replaced, but oh well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

MKE wrote:i just bought a new 72 pin connector for my nes, it barely worked/played games anymore and when it did, they wouldnt work for long so im hopeing it will fix it.
(just paid for it, waiting for it to get to me now)

has anybody else bought one and if so, did it help any?

They rule. Make sure when you are installing the new one that you dont get any pins caught up on the cart slot. If you bend a pin when you are shoving it in you are screwed
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
DjB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DjB »

Hawq wrote:A regular rf lead will do for both of them, the good thing about those days was all consoels & somputers used the same rf lead, hell one taken from a vcr would work
Sorry for the late reply. Doesent it need the proper MS2 one? Or did you mean that any Master System or Mega Drive one will work?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The SMS2 I have doesn't have any kind of adapter. It simply plugs directly into a TV using the same standard-ish cable (RCA on one end, standard RF antenna socket on the other) cable that a lot of other systems used. The SNES uses the same connector.