The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hearld500 »

Whats wrong with this code so the picture won't come up?
Last edited by hearld500 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

It looks right. Maybe you had BBCode disabled?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

phpBB is a little picky about special characters in URLs. Sometimes they'll work, sometimes they won't - I don't think it likes the question mark right after the slash :|.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

No, I don't have the code disabled.
I tried getting rid of the question mark, didn't make a difference.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Well, I submited it again to the site, and it works. :?
meh.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Hmm, and technically he would be INVISIBLE
Technically, not everyone who dons the ring turns invisible (e.g. Tom Bombadil, and it seems a pretty safe bet that Sauron wouldn't).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

hearld500 wrote:Image
:lol:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

thats a good unbiased comparison right there.
Ya know, Eeyore was pretty damn wise. He'd make a better president than either of these guys.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Technically, not everyone who dons the ring turns invisible (e.g. Tom Bombadil, and it seems a pretty safe bet that Sauron wouldn't).
Sauron was invisible while wearing the ring, he simply wore amour and a cloak like the Black Riders, who are also invisible ;)
Dust on the Dreamcast
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

mkjones wrote:
Sauron was invisible while wearing the ring, he simply wore amour and a cloak like the Black Riders, who are also invisible ;)
the precedent of the ring set by bilbo and frodo's use of it is that it turns the user and their personal effects invisible. it would be pretty useless if you had to be naked for it to work... the only distinction is bilbo using sting, but that is because it emits its own light, which IS visible.

The assumption would be that sauron does not follow the rules of the ring, or that invisiblity is just a side effect of someone other than the true owner wearing it. OR the armour could be magical.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

mkjones wrote:
Wouldnt that also imply bush is just as evil as Sauron? I think we can all agree on that.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Sorrie wrote:
mkjones wrote:
Wouldnt that also imply bush is just as evil as Sauron? I think we can all agree on that.
Yes, Bush is incredibly evil. If he wins tonight, I have it on good authority that will trigger the Apocalypse.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The assumption would be that sauron does not follow the rules of the ring, or that invisiblity is just a side effect of someone other than the true owner wearing it.
I think the invisibility to normal vision is a side effect of vastly enhancing the wearer's visibility to the Ringwraiths, like being bathed in a sort of "anti-light" (analagous to antimatter).
Quiet, you. I was trying to be subtle. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think Bush is pure evil. I think Paul Begala said it best - (paraphrasing) he's a great guy, but I don't think he makes a very good President.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
The assumption would be that sauron does not follow the rules of the ring, or that invisiblity is just a side effect of someone other than the true owner wearing it.
I think the invisibility to normal vision is a side effect of vastly enhancing the wearer's visibility to the Ringwraiths, like being bathed in a sort of "anti-light" (analagous to antimatter).
im pretty sure tehre is nothing in the books that describe what the movie shows (when frodo puts on the ring and is in some sort of other-worldly shadow realm, or wrapped in shadows or something) to that respect. its only their rings that allow the ringwratihes to go for the master ring.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

wikipedia wrote:When a person wore the ring, he would be partly "shifted" out of the physical realm into the spiritual realm. There, if he managed to consciously subdue the Ring's will with his own, he could wield all the powers that Sauron had before he lost the ring; especially he could control and enslave the will of others. A side effect (but usually the first effect noticed) of the Ring was that it made the wearer invisible to physical beings like living Men but highly visible to spiritual beings like wraiths, dimmed the wearer's sight, and sharpened his hearing.
Dust on the Dreamcast
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

mkjones wrote:
wikipedia wrote:When a person wore the ring, he would be partly "shifted" out of the physical realm into the spiritual realm. There, if he managed to consciously subdue the Ring's will with his own, he could wield all the powers that Sauron had before he lost the ring; especially he could control and enslave the will of others. A side effect (but usually the first effect noticed) of the Ring was that it made the wearer invisible to physical beings like living Men but highly visible to spiritual beings like wraiths, dimmed the wearer's sight, and sharpened his hearing.
ive read the lotr trilogy, the hobbit, the silmarillion, and the unfinished works and dont recall anything like that in it.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney