New DC workaround???

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Zegato
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New DC workaround???

Post by Zegato »

I don't know if i posted in the wrong forum and if anyone has posted this already (been looking and hasn't seen it) but have anyone got games to load on newer DC or there isn't anyway to get them to work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

use DCFactory
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Depends on how new. The last 4 months of DC production can't play ANY CDs. Try playing a normal Audio CD in your DC. If it can play that, it will be able to play emulators and such.
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

All dreamcasts can play audio cds. Some newer dreamcasts do not boot audio/data cds, but should boot data/data cds (which I beleive is the format DCFactory creates).
Zegato
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zegato »

Thanks for your help... i've checked out Dc factory but don't see how i can make self-booting games or to make the utopia cd work on it....

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a cd to boot on a Nov/Dec 2000 make.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

personal

Post by toastman »

From personal experience I can tell you that not all DCs can boot audio/data or even data/data.
A list of my friends and their DC's status
Remy - Purchased: Launch Boot Status: any
Cody - Purchased: Smash Pack Bundle (Later chipped) Boot Status: any (but this may be due to the chip)
Matt - Purchased: Sega Net Rebate Deal (sometime in 2000) Boot Status: don't know, haven't seen him in a good while
Kevin - Purchased: Don't kow Boot Status: any
Vdaius (That is the correct spelling BTW O_O) - Purchased: Sports Bundle (Dec 2000 Mfg Date) Boot Status: none (not even data/data)