Problem with dreamcast help me out

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Problem with dreamcast help me out

Post by Mattiethomas »

When I turn my dreamcast on it goes past the red swirl then when it gets to the sega logo it makes this weird noise and goes to the menu. It's been doing this every time and I don't know whats wrong. Help me out here. Thanks.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

It's difficult to say just from that. I've seen someones kid put an empty wrapper of a candy bar in the gap where the laser moves back and forth. It acted just like you described. Of course I didn't know that was the problem until I opened it.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

hmm maybe I should open my dreamcast and find the problem.
unclechicken
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by unclechicken »

Mine did this and it was a CD drawer problem. The switch that told the DC the cd lid was pressed down fully till it clicked was faulty.

All I do now is put a CD in the DC, and dont close the lid properly till it clicks, just weigh it down with a couple of CD cases, and it works fine.