Look what my DC started displaying...(ok, so its TG16/PCE)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Link2k4 »

SWEET AS SUGAR QUZAR
Cygnus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cygnus »

quzar wrote:I picked the games for screenshots based on that topic a while ago where people were saying their favorite games, so i put salamader there too cause of you =P.
Did you tried 1941: Counter Attack yet?

It is supposed to be for the Super Graphix (it just checks if the Super Graphix is there, but doesn't uses it), but there are patched versions which run on a simple PCE.

That would ROCK :D
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Nice one Quazar
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

This thing emulates Sega games like Afterburner and few others pseudo scaling ports?
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rbenchley »

This thing emulates Sega games like Afterburner and few others pseudo scaling ports?
It does an absolutely beautiful job of emulation the old Sega arcade games. As mentioned earlier, the PC-Engine ports are superior (with a few exceptions) to the so-called "arcade perfect" ports on the Genesis. If you want to see some screen shots, check out the following link:

http://www.pcecp.com/
Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
-George Carlin
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

omg after burner, I have that game for the tg-16, it ROCKS. sega master systems ports were god awful, they were so damn choppy that you couldn't tell what you were doing half the time.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

dr apocalipsis wrote:This thing emulates Sega games like Afterburner and few others pseudo scaling ports?
Actually, Sega has ported some of theyr arcade games o PCE, altered beast, afterburner, outrun, space harrier, are some of them.
This PCE didn't emulates sega games, as you can see ;)
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

DCmad wrote:
dr apocalipsis wrote:This thing emulates Sega games like Afterburner and few others pseudo scaling ports?
Actually, Sega has ported some of theyr arcade games o PCE, altered beast, afterburner, outrun, space harrier, are some of them.
This PCE didn't emulates sega games, as you can see ;)
I believe he was asking if the emulator properly handles Sega games such as Afterburner.
dreamcastninja
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dreamcastninja »

any expected release date for the emu? the one i have no doesn't have sound :(
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Its runing at around 50% speed using SDL and I am having problems using the DC's hardware natively.

Remember though, I started work on this the morning of when i started the thread (less than a week ago!). I work on it at least 2 hours a day, so its no like im doing nothing and I am squeezing every bit speed out of it.

Currently my measure for speed (as any kind of true speed measure would affect the results) is a stopwatch timing of the time between when you hit start and when you gain control of your ship in raiden. In Hugo on the PC it is 9 seconds, Hugo on the DC 19. That is down from 25 though =P.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
obelisk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by obelisk »

hot damn
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

quzar wrote:Remember though, I started work on this the morning of when i started the thread (less than a week ago!). I work on it at least 2 hours a day, so its no like im doing nothing and I am squeezing every bit speed out of it.
PVR rendering will freshen it a lot, i think.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

It would but thats a hard task to do when its your first time trying to accomplish the task. I'd say work in the sound core first.
Were not picky people tho Quzar i'm sure we could settle for a preview version with a lite frameskip of 2 to make it fullspeed for now.
Anyways keep on chuggin Quzar.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

quzar wrote: Its runing at around 50% speed using SDL and I am having problems using the DC's hardware natively.

Remember though, I started work on this the morning of when i started the thread (less than a week ago!). I work on it at least 2 hours a day, so its no like im doing nothing and I am squeezing every bit speed out of it.

Currently my measure for speed (as any kind of true speed measure would affect the results) is a stopwatch timing of the time between when you hit start and when you gain control of your ship in raiden. In Hugo on the PC it is 9 seconds, Hugo on the DC 19. That is down from 25 though =P.
:o Two hours each night? I had no idea you guys spent so much time on these projects. I knew they took time to complete but I didn't realize you put in so much effort. Thank you for taking the time. Anyway, the improvements you've made so far seem quite good. Keep up the good work and good luck on the PVR rendering code.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
dreamcastninja
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dreamcastninja »

It takes a while. I have a full speed emulator for dc tg16 right now on a disk with a ton of other emus... but no sound... i wonder if he could get the source from it somehow and just work on the sound core... i dunno... in any case this is looking to be amazing... you should set up a paypal site for donations man, i'd throw a few dollars your way, i mean 2 hours X min wage (what i make) = 10 dollars thats like 50 dollars a week you're putting in, and it's much ahrder to code than it is to stand at a counter for 8 hours like i do... keep up theg ood work!
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

It's not open source and the author is uncontactable and his code is faster as its 50% with sound and CD 3 support.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
dreamcastninja
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dreamcastninja »

i was just trying to help throw ideas out there... sorry
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Well, where's Bill Nager (the author of DreamEngine) now? Would be cool to see his ideas for this emulator. Maybe he has a good source of information.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Heh, its not so surprising that i put in so much time when you factor in the fact that i'm a student with nothing else to do =P.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
dreamcastninja
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dreamcastninja »

hahahahaaa... i'm a poor college student who had to quit my mixed martial arts training (muay thai, csw, bjj) because I can't afford it now and my sprint, best buy, and my girlfreind steals the rest of my money...oh and i'm 2 years behind in college and I should have graduated this year but video games killed it...hahahahahaaaa you're contributing to my delinquency!!!!!!111oneonetwosixeight omgwtfbbq~!! hahahahaa

anyway, keep up the good work!