Look what my DC started displaying...(ok, so its TG16/PCE)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCmad »

Green Ranger wrote:Hmm, names for the emulator? You could call it TurboDuoDC :wink:
It's not aimed to Duo games only :wink:
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

DCmad wrote: It's not aimed to Duo games only :wink:
Oops, yeah you're right about that. I assumed that the Turbo Duo was just another name for the system, but after a google search I quickly discovered that I was under the wrong assumption :lol:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Actually, there's no such thing as a "Duo game". Duo is basically just a CoreGrafX, CD-ROM add-on, and System Card 3 all in one package. So really it wouldn't be all that inappropriate.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Bah; always either working DC into the title of an emulator, or be clever with the name. This is based on a program called HU-Go...why not HU-g? (hey, it worked for boob!, SpeccyalK, R.A.P.E, etc....). Either that, or something simple and pointless, like Bob.

Hey, guys, you gotta check out this new version of Bob! I've been playing Bob all day on my Dreamcast. Bob 1.2 is available for download now....and so forth.
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rbenchley »

Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
-George Carlin
dreamcastninja
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dreamcastninja »

and military madness OMG i forgot how great this is sorry for so many posts I SOOOOOO Can't wait!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

PC Engine had some fairly sweet arcade ports too. At the top of my list is Galaga '88.
sorry for so many posts
That's what the edit button is for.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

DCmad wrote:BTW, can someone teach me on how to run a cd on Hu-Go (dracula rondo of blood), that emu is harder than magic engine to use. but i want a windowed emu, and ME is way too dos like to me :P
You can window MagicEngine. Go open the ini file in notepad and but a y instead of a N on the window mode option. Tada Windowd machine engine and no need to use Hugo as its not as good.

And on a side note my name was best.

Hugo + Quzar = huZar.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

How about "DreamEngine" .... no wait, that was something else :lol:

I like
- HuGoDC (very creative name that is :roll: )
- Hu-Cast
- DC-Engine

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
From what I've seen, all the CD units added a 16Mhz 65802. I thought the hardware differences between CD units was primarily in the amount of memory? Or was the second version of the CD system the first to include the 65802?
I'm not saying that version X of the CD system didn't have it, I'm saying that I don't think it needs to be emulated in any case because it seems to only be implementing a SCSI-like protocol and doing internal housekeeping operations for the CD system. That is, it's an implementation detail and not a program-visible feature, and therefore doesn't need to be emulated any more than you would need to emulate the individual logic chips used in the gamepad.
Oh, that's all they use it for? :| I would have figured such an expensive add-on would, umm, add more. Plus as I understood it, the 65802 was basically a 6502-pin compatible 65816. So I figured that it was used as a co-processor alongside the 6280. This isn't true? o.O
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I'm not 100% sure, but I've seen no evidence that it is user-programmable. That doesn't mean it's doing no work, it just means that the fact of it being a 65802 is irrelevant to the programming model, the same way the Windows ATAPI CD-ROM driver doesn't care what kind of microcontroller your CD burner is built around. They may have simply chosen the 65802 in order to simplify the interface hardware.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

:!:
/me shocked with Salamander intro screen.
:cry:
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Salamander2 wrote::!:
/me shocked with Salamander intro screen.
:cry:
?

I picked the games for screenshots based on that topic a while ago where people were saying their favorite games, so i put salamader there too cause of you =P.

or was that happy crying?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

czech out the sig, i'd bet it was.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Why no comments about Bonker's (Adventure, Revenge, 3)?
One (three) of my favs.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Bonk's games are quality :D
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I love bonks adventure, the final stage was a whore, fighting all the bosses again. Soldier blade was god like, one of the best shooters created. I also agree with the aspect that the sega port put on PCE were better, shinobi,space harrier and altered beast rocked on the system, even thought altered beast felt rushed to me. the TG 16 should have lasted longer, I still think its better then the genesis., game quality game wise.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

good news. Even though I havn't been able to implement pvr hardware rendering yet, I was able to modify the SDL rendering in a way that brought speed up considerably. My test game is Raiden and it seems like its running much faster.

Now Im gonna try looking through the sound code because it seems like although the right sounds are being outputted, there is a lot of garbage with them.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

woohoo!