My fan stopped spinning.

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Muthafukin Carl
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My fan stopped spinning.

Post by Muthafukin Carl »

The fan in my Dreamcast is not spinning anymore. When I cut on the DC, all I get is a blank/black screen and it doesnt make that "zzwwhhzz" sound anymore and the LED stays on. At first my DC was reseting, so I opened the thing up, blew the dust off (it didnt have much dust in it), and put it back together. That didnt help at all, the fan still doesn't spin, the DC still shows that blank screen when I cut it on, and when I cut the DC on and off the LED comes on and off like normal. What's wrong with it?
Currently playing:

Sega Marine fishing
Seaman
Super Mario All-Stars
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

As this is a hardware problem, Topic Moved from General Help to Hardware Modification & Repair.
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: My fan stopped spinning.

Post by TheWanderer »

Muthafukin Carl wrote:The fan in my Dreamcast is not spinning anymore. When I cut on the DC, all I get is a blank/black screen and it doesnt make that "zzwwhhzz" sound anymore and the LED stays on. At first my DC was reseting, so I opened the thing up, blew the dust off (it didnt have much dust in it), and put it back together. That didnt help at all, the fan still doesn't spin, the DC still shows that blank screen when I cut it on, and when I cut the DC on and off the LED comes on and off like normal. What's wrong with it?
You could attempt to install a new fan...either from another DC or by bypassing it. DCmodder has a link to tut for bypassing it in his sig.
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

yep and trust me it's not hard to make that circuit at all. http://j11.foreverwicked.net/fantut.htm
just make sure that you have another fan instead of the one you're replacing with the circuit cause just because you're making it so you dont need a fan doesnt mean that you dont need it period. i'd suggest a nice 3 5 or 12v fan.
wont u be my friend?
C4RL
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by C4RL »

Thanks a lot guys, I'll get those items 2morrow. I hope it works.