*sigh* 3 more years

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SuperMegatron »

Skynet wrote:Those ads actually made me laugh pretty hard. I like the one about howard. It says something along the lines of "Howard not knowing, that's terrible." But then if he actually knew and was coverring it up "That's worse" or something along those lines, the way the guy said it just made me laugh my ass off!

My gf kept asking me (and even as we were walking through Wandana Primary School - my local place of voting :P) "who am I voting for again?" :guffaw:

I told her atleast 6 times we want howard out, latham in. And she goes "Who is howard again...?" (meaning what party) so I kept explaining that you vote Labor, and don't vote Liberal :lol: She just didn't get it :guffaw:
Whats the difference between liberal and labor? Here what makes you liberal is usually being to prolabor
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

thats just the names of the party. quite often their actual platforms are anything but what the name suggests. for example the liberal party in canada isnt very liberal at all, if you get my meaning.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

SuperMegatron wrote:Whats the difference between liberal and labor? Here what makes you liberal is usually being to prolabor

liberals: are led by an old dude who needs to shave his eyebrows and got my innocent little country invovled in a war

labor: led by a 10 year old who has made nothing but bugger ups since elected mayor of some small town no one cares about

those are pretty much the only differences :lol:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The Liberal party is basically the conservatives. There's also a second conservative party, the National party, and the two effectively share the votes that are given to them by a little quirk of the Australian electoral system.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Prophet][ wrote: I was a bit like that, I was looking at all the posters and trying to work out what party lathem was, all the posters said was ALP, I didn't know if the L was for Labour or Liberal. But I worked it out.

Best part was the BBQ, saved my life. We were so hung over, and they had bacon and egg burgers. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was in heaven.
I didn't. The thought of having a BBQ at 9am, just after eating breakfast, brushing my teeth and heading on out to work for 8hrs just didn't appeal to me :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mrfiddlez »

I Know This is a Little Late,
But I was out there last Monday,
I Was One of those Annoying Labor
people who flooded the voters
with Labor How to Vote Papers,
I Too was pissed about the liberals
winning, and as you said, many
of our older voters vote liberal,
and theyre soo oneyed about it too,
but in perth i think it its,
our statistics show its 1.5 Kids
to 2 Adults, and thats bad.....
Damn, and they Lied too!
Interest rates are determined by
the reserve bank fools! not the government!!!
LoL, i liked those ads too,
but the L plate, that was Liberals scare tactic,
it was plastered all over the polling booth
i was at....
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hey, did you get paid good money to do that? I was told you get like $20/hr to stand around all day handing out fliers.

OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Skynet wrote:Hey, did you get paid good money to do that? I was told you get like $20/hr to stand around all day handing out fliers.
Really? I'd hang out and smoke cigarettes for $20/hr.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I didn't think you would get paid. If so its a top job.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I didn't think you would get paid. If so its a top job.
hmm, I was told by someone a while back (I think around the time of the last election) that those tossers that hand crap out get paid a decent amount of money as it's only 1 day every 3yrs.

Could be wrong. I'd have to ask someone who knew I spose. :lol:

toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Roofus wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:what would happen if a president that had served 2 terms decided to run on a ticket as a vice president then the president dies with 3 years left in office?
The only qualification to be Vice President is being elligible to be President, so the person couldn't be VP. I'll look up the exact passage that says that in a minute.

<edit>I can't find it. I know it's in the Constitution though. I found it before. :? </edit>
I'm not too sure myself about this but I don't think the whole Vice President takes over is in the Constitution either. I think it's just an established precednet. Either that or the VP one is there, but in the unlikely event of both the Pres and VP biting it, then Congress chooses (although there is an established chain of Presidency just in case.)
Actually I think it is the latter. I think the VP becoming Pres in case of forced resignation is Constitutionalized.
It's been a while since I've taken and Political Science class.
No signature.
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mrfiddlez »

NOpe,
I Did it Volunteer,
Didnt know ppl got paid for it....
Mmmm, State Elections coming up soon :P
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

toastman wrote:
Roofus wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:what would happen if a president that had served 2 terms decided to run on a ticket as a vice president then the president dies with 3 years left in office?
The only qualification to be Vice President is being elligible to be President, so the person couldn't be VP. I'll look up the exact passage that says that in a minute.

<edit>I can't find it. I know it's in the Constitution though. I found it before. :? </edit>
I'm not too sure myself about this but I don't think the whole Vice President takes over is in the Constitution either. I think it's just an established precednet. Either that or the VP one is there, but in the unlikely event of both the Pres and VP biting it, then Congress chooses (although there is an established chain of Presidency just in case.)
Actually I think it is the latter. I think the VP becoming Pres in case of forced resignation is Constitutionalized.
It's been a while since I've taken and Political Science class.
It was added when one of the presidents.. I can't remember for the life of me was killed. There was no one actually set to take his place so they decided on the VP. The ensuing hissy created the order of sucsession now used in the United States. 22nd amendment maybe?
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead