Whats your favorite band?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whats your favorite band?

Post by hearld500 »

I think The Mars Volta is my favorite band at the moment, along with at the drive in and red hot chilies.

If you guys havn't heard of mars volta, I highly suggest you download it. Listin to it a few times before judging it. They sound like no other band.

And also, what is your favorite/least favorite genre?
My favorite is probably rock. Least favorite most deffinently is EMO.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If I had to give a favorite band, it would most probably be Led Zeppelin. However, I tend to go through periods where I listen to one band a lot and start following their music. It's kinda like a "Band of the Moment" type thing. My current "Band of the Moment" is KoRn. Before their Greatest Hits album came out I'd only really listen to Take A Look In The Mirror, but ever since I started listening to the Greatest Hits I've dived into their other albums and I really like them.
It's thinking...
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

U2, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran are my fav bands. as for individual performers, i like rob dougan, sarah mclaughlan, dj tiesto, paul oakenfold, armin van buuren, beethoven, vivaldi and bach. quite a mix i know.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

GWAR of course.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

All time: The Beatles
Recent: Mindless Self Indulgence
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

All time would probably be The Beatles. Of the moment would probably be Lit / Handsome Devil or Flogging Molly.

It's wierd, but I used to love EMO. I must be getting older, cus now I hate the stuff with a burning passion. Makes me want to hit the lil' punkers that listen to this crap. It just doesn't rock!
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

its hard to decide. other than the Dixie Chicks, theres not a single country music artist i dont like. but if it was life or death, id say my favorite artists would have to be Toby Keith.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Red Hot Chilis. But from week to week i'll love some other band, I think this week is Soundgarden
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Love and Rockets.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Vchat20 wrote:its hard to decide. other than the Dixie Chicks, theres not a single country music artist i dont like. but if it was life or death, id say my favorite artists would have to be Toby Keith.
I used to like toby keith a lot, but now that he does only the patriotic songs he is starting to annoy me a little. Not because the songs are patriotic, because I liked a lot of them, but he seems to not come off the soapbox. I like Trace Adkins, johnny cash, sarah evans, alan jackson, david allen coe, dan tyminski, and I still think the dixie chicks are very talented musicians, even though they were blowing some ass out of their mouths for a long time. Travelin Soldier is one of the most well made songs I have heard in a while. Like you, I think most country is good. I can listen to KZLA all day long and not feel like I NEED to change the station.

I guess Im a musical sideshow because I think I can find any sort of music and have a "favorite". My all time favorite bands are probably sublime, 311, green day, weezer, aerosmith, and queen. Johnny Cash for country, Robert Johnson for blues, Dre, Ice Cube, and 2pac for hip hop, I can go on and on about music. Its all good. I really like the buena vista social club.

I think the only music I dont like is crap like good charlotte. They even used to be OK when they did "little things" "Motivation Proclamation" and "Complicated" all off of their first album. I like new found glory's early stuff, like the cover EP where they cover movie music, but the pop punk genre is watering down tooo much and it is tiresome. Blink 182 is still really good. They went back to what works with this new album. duderanch or chesher cat are my favorite blink albums.

Bad religion is good, switchfoot, three days grace, chimaira, Social D, .....like I said, I can go on and on so Ill stop.

Mars Volta is a little out there, but I can like it. I liked Eriatarka. ANd for At the drive in, I liked hulahoop wounds.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The Stone Roses.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Queen.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

PANTERA!!!!!!!!!! :rockon1: :headbang: :bangin:
ImageImage
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Depeche Mode................
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

at the moment the killers but i normally listen to RHCP or Metallica (both live)
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

At the moment, anything grunge (i.e. Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots), But I listen to too many bands to have a favorite.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Right now, Deftones. Of all time, Saves The Day (even though thier latest release is kind of.. well, crappy).
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

The Mars Volta
ATDI
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX