uDCDivX v0.1 Released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SWAT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by SWAT »

ArmV wrote:can someone please post a nero image?
Can take here:

-=Click=-
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Post by Arqueiro »

Alexvrb wrote:
Arqueiro wrote:dont use high res video, this don't matter (so much) for the quality, but it gives a lot of lag !

if you want hi quality video make one with a bigger bitrate, so you can have speed and quality
That's not true. They're BOTH important for better quality. Why do you think 720p DVDs look so good on modern TVs? If uDCDivx can't run higher resolution videos at good speeds, so be it. But that doesn't mean that they don't look better. :P Besides, I was mostly asking because most of my videos are at least slightly over the previous resolution limits. I'm not going to re-encode all of that.

i tink that u dont read right my post"
don't matter (so much)

just make some tests:

1) make a video with: low res 200*200 (exemple) and a high bitrate

2) make a video with: hi res 640*480 and lower bitrate

then, tell who looks better
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

You mean "as much". They're BOTH very important, so I still disagree with you, unless you mean ONLY with the Dreamcast. After a while you hit a limit with the lower resolutions. For instance 320x240 @ 800 kbits will look inferior to 640x480 @ 800kbits. At a certain point you're just wasting space at low resolutions. But if you are referring to just Dreamcast players, then you don't have a choice. It can't handle higher resolution videos.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
ArmV
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ArmV »

thanks for the link to get a nero image :wink:
I'll put the kibosh on you!
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

I just tried this out and it's definately better. Just one question, was theme support removed or did I screw up somewhere?