Final Fantasy III coming to Nintendo DS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Final Fantasy III coming to Nintendo DS

Post by az_bont »

"Square Enix has given word today that they are going to be bringing Final Fantasy III to to the Nintendo DS.. It hasn't been revealed yet whether or not the game will see a North American release, and no Japanese release date has been given yet.

Few details have been revealed concerning the game, but it has been confirmed that the game will make use of the system's dual screen and touch panel capabilities. Apparently, the touch panel will be linked with collecting crystals in the game."

Source: RPGamer
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

hopefully it'll come to Europe, then i'll b happy
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Like all of Ninty's handhelds, the DS will not be territorially restricted, so even if it doesn't see a European release you could always import it. But Square Enix would be daft not to.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Is that Final Fantasy 3? the NES version not released in America? where you start out as an Onion Kid and change jobs from there.

Or Final Fantasy 6? Renamed Final Fantasy 3 in America because of stupid american squaresoft. The one with the lovely Terra and Celes :) and the adorably loveably Mog and Relm.

Either way i'll get it :)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Now I know how Wonderswan owners felt.
No signature.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Is it going to have updated graphics and such? IF not they might as well just put it on the GBA so DS and GBA players could play it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well the onion kids game rocked and so did the US version of Final Fantasy III (japans 6} they were both wonderful games, we will have to wait and see, and since I am a fanboy of nintendo, I will take this one up!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

square said that it will be the original final fantasy 3 thats was realesed only for news in japan.

ir will be a remake with updated graphics and will use the touch screen and maybe other capibilities of the ds

also a new final fanstay crystal cronicals coming for ds, and a new zelda multi game kinda like four swords :)
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Sweetness :)

Onion Kids Ho! :lol:

Alas Terra, weep for me not my mistress of espers :oops:
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

[quote="az_bont"]Like all of Ninty's handhelds, the DS will not be territorially restricted, so even if it doesn't see a European release you could always import it. But Square Enix would be daft not to.[/quote]

im cant be bothered to import unless i go to America on holiday, in that case i buy all the gba games i can
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

the DS will not be territorially restricted
Thank you god! Now I can import a DS with games, and if the exchange rate stays the same, It will be dirt cheap
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

mattthemodder wrote:
the DS will not be territorially restricted
Thank you god! Now I can import a DS with games, and if the exchange rate stays the same, It will be dirt cheap
Just make sure to do it at or around launch...assuming we manage to get ol' crap-for-brains and his gang of loonies out of office, our economy may finally start to swing back around next year...meaning that exchange gap is gonna close ;)
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

BAH! This is B.S. It should have been out long ago with FF Origins on PSX!! Everyone knows how much I love this game and now this means I will have to probably buy a DS. :(

- Fuzmeister
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

DaMadFiddler wrote: ol' crap-for-brains and his gang of loonies
:guffaw:
I've called him and his cronies many names, but I think you put it best.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Seems like BS to me to put this on DS when it clearly could work just as well on the GBA. I am really starting to hate Squaresoft, and just a year or so ago ID have ranked them as my fav company. FF X-2 was lame, FF Crystal Chronicles is about pathetic for a FF game, and FF12 looks like it is going to have a different battle system requireing motorskills instead of skillful tactics.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

az_bont wrote:Like all of Ninty's handhelds, the DS will not be territorially restricted, so even if it doesn't see a European release you could always import it. But Square Enix would be daft not to.
Nintendo haven't made any announcements on territorial locking as of yet AFAIK. You shouldn't just assume they won't have it, it's entirely possible they'll introduce it.

I do hope they have the sense to finally release the game in English though, it's only been confirmed for Japan so far.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i doubt they would introduce it

and its final fantasy ...the name is all it needs to be released here
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

and FF12 looks like it is going to have a different battle system requireing motorskills instead of skillful tactics.
Are you suggesting earlier FF titles had skillful tactics in the battle system?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

FF12 looks like its going to kick so much ass, i cant wait for that game, and FF3 on DS.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lartrak wrote:
and FF12 looks like it is going to have a different battle system requiring motorskills instead of skillful tactics.
Are you suggesting earlier FF titles had skillful tactics in the battle system?
I think you know what I meant. In earlier FF games you didn't have to duck and dodge attacks, it was basically take your time and plan your next move. From what I seen looks like FF12 will use the same type of battle system games like Kingdom hearts and FF Crystal Chronicles used.