My dreamcast has stopped responding to my controllers!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
r0bo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by r0bo »

Games load up fine , but all i can do is watch the demo movies because no matter which of my controllers I put in what port, I get no response...
My question is, if I get it repaired (with parts from a newer DC), will it play CDR's still? Is there any way I might could attempt to fix it at home?
Thanks in advance for any help, now back to watching those little movies in Worms:Armegeddon........
Linus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Linus »

don't talk about cdr's cause you will get flamed like a five year old that decided it woudl be cool to take out daddy's mustang and drive it into a telephone pole. Speaking of five year olds how is acting like one going along for youNyarlathotep?
? Man if you were just maybe a little bit less so much of a tightass I would have actually tried doing something for this site....But oh well real life calls so long to this site.

P.S. Sorry to break this to you Mr.Spoon but you pointed out a guy that's been in a grave the past two and a half years.
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by BobsShadow »

I've had the some problem as you. I told someone else how to fix this here.[/url]
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Anyone else remember Linus asking to be a mod?...Flaming, Warez....

It is different, you can talk about CDR because that is what you are going to put a emu game on (which is what this topic is about). But when you say "Virtual Tennis copy" we HAVE to close it, it isn't anything personal, hell, we de-modded many a people for answer warez because this site wants to stay up. For Sega to not want to close this down, we can't tell people how to make Sega lose money (aka, burn warez).
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Guys, he actually HASN'T said he was booting illegal CDR's

The CDR's he speaks of, which he wants his DC to run, are probably just legal homebrew emulators and games, like we host here at the site, and if they arent...... shhh ;)
r0bo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by r0bo »

Thanks ShadowofBob , when i can find someone with a soldering iron , ill try it. Also , I use CDR's for NesterDC and DreamSNES , definately not warez.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

[quote=IUG]
It is different, you can talk about CDR because that is what you are going to put a emu game on (which is what this topic is about).
[/quote]

That's what I said, but I was responding to Linus flame at robo.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

In case anyone was wondering, the reason Linus is pissed at me is because THIS POST of his got closed.

And I didn't even close it :P

Who said anything about CD-Rs?

To get back to the topic, AFAIK if you swap out your controller board it *shouldn't* affect the GDROM reading mechanism, so CDRs should still be fine.