Capcom vs SNK 1 or Capcom vs SNK 2 Better?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by doragasu »

Omegasis wrote:
doragasu wrote:Characters have almost the same sprites and look equal, but CvS2 has a lot more of them and more complete. Also, backgrounds in SvC2 are hi res 3D and look really good.

So CvS2 has better graphics IMO.
I agree with you in which CvS2 has better graphics, but it isn't because the backgrounds are in 3D. It has better because the characters are a little improved with respect to CvS1 and the backgrounds are very well made. Like the one that has the wind mills.

See ya. :wink:
Play it with a VGA box and you'll see the REALLY BIG difference between backgrounds (and also you'll see how blocky the characters are).
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

doragasu wrote:Play it with a VGA box and you'll see the REALLY BIG difference between backgrounds (and also you'll see how blocky the characters are).
I don't have the VGA Box so I can't test it. :(
Anyway, I prefer play it in my 32 inch Hires TV than my monitor. 8-)
It's like I was playing the arcade. COOL.

See ya. :wink:
Life is a path with infinite destinies
junker2020
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by junker2020 »

I have a VGA Monitor, so does CvS2 look better on a VGA or does it look like King of Fighters 2002 on a monitor(blocky)?

Also what is the difference from Capcom vs SNK 2 Drekore, and Normal Capcom vs SNK 2?

Graphics? or is it like Sega All Stars in Japan? :?:
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

junker2020 wrote:I have a VGA Monitor, so does CvS2 look better on a VGA or does it look like King of Fighters 2002 on a monitor(blocky)?

Also what is the difference from Capcom vs SNK 2 Drekore, and Normal Capcom vs SNK 2?

Graphics? or is it like Sega All Stars in Japan? :?:
Characters look pixellated, like in KOF 2002, but backgrounds look superb. If you want the 2D fighting game for DC with the best graphics, stick to Guilty Gear X. When you see this game in an VGA BOX, you'll instantly think all SNK and Capcom sprites look like crap.

I think there's no difference between normal and Drekore version (excepting price, Drekore has smaller price) and maybe differences in the covers and manual. Drekore in Japan for DC is like Platinum for PS.
junker2020
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by junker2020 »

Yeah I have GGX Limited Edition. I love it ! All the others do not look so hot! Would you compare the graphics of CvS2 on the VGA to Street Fighter Alpha and Marvel vs Capcom? They look decent. Not as good as GGX, but they are good. KOF 2002 looks the worst that I seen.

What is the Drekore difference on CvS2?
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

There are combos you could never pull off in part 2 that you can in part 1 (such as 4 level 1 Supers comboed into each other)
An example, if you have SNK mode(S-Groove in part 2), when you are in the red zone, do a low med. kick to shinku hadouken, combo shinku hadouken after that, then shinku hurricane kick, and then another Shinku hurricane kick. In part 2, you can only do low forward kick to shinku hadouken to shinku huricane kick.
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]
Kyoushu
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Kyoushu »

Get the second one.
I like the music in the first one a lot more, but hell you can always just get the OST.

Capcom VS SNK 1 is VERY unbalanced.
Half the SNK characters got the shaft big time.

The second game is much more balanced, and features a much larger roster as well.
Not to mention they did away with that god awful forced ratio system.
Hip Hop keeps me sane.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Kyoshu pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I remember how Nakoruru and Guile pretty much owned CvS1.