Super Smash Brothers BOR (Name Not Final)

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super Smash Brothers BOR (Name Not Final)

Post by zero »

Well, this will be my first project for beats of rage, and my first time doing 2d animation for a beat em up, (not as easy as i thought).

anyway what i've been working on is a zelda mod for beats of rage, i started a few hours ago, this is some images of link(remember its my first time).

if anyone would like to help out with this please let me know.

i meanly need someone that can help with making the charecters, backgrounds, wav files, and who can do touch up work on the ones i make, ie add better shading, and minor details, if ya would like to help with one or all of the above aim me and let me know.
Last edited by zero on Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

that's pretty good zero!

personally i couldn't do jack shat!

if you can keep up this quality then this will be a worthy addition to the BOR mods!
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Thank you very much :D .
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I say it's a decent start. However, a kickboxing Link doesn't really fit his style. I suggest giving him a sword and replacing the punches with a sword slash.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Was that link once Ken from Street fighter...?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

yeah i agree with melancoly....wheres the sword as well as his shield......looks good though. im glad someone is finally doing a legend of zelda mod ive been waiting for this :-) but i dont quite remember link's tunics being such a bright green? any idea on what the other playable characters are going to be? multicolored links with different special weapons(bow n' arrow,boomarang and etc) or Zelda,Shiek,Zora Link,Goron Link,Fierce Deity Link or maybe Impa (not the old feeble impa for the nes zeldas but the one from OoT) . just some ideas to throw at ya. can't wait to see being able to beat up some moblins beats of rage style hehe
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Was that link once Ken from Street fighter...?
Nope, it was Ralf from kof (i think).
I say it's a decent start. However, a kickboxing Link doesn't really fit his style. I suggest giving him a sword and replacing the punches with a sword slash.
Yeah i was planing on doing that, the link your looking at atm will most likely change a lot before i release the demo.
looks good though. im glad someone is finally doing a legend of zelda mod ive been waiting for this

but i dont quite remember link's tunics being such a bright green?
Yeah thats something else that i will fix before the demo release.
any idea on what the other playable characters are going to be? multicolored links with different special weapons(bow n' arrow,boomarang and etc) or Zelda,Shiek,Zora Link,Goron Link,Fierce Deity Link or maybe Impa (not the old feeble impa for the nes zeldas but the one from OoT) . just some ideas to throw at ya. can't wait to see being able to beat up some moblins beats of rage style hehe
for the 4 main playable characters, i was thinking of having Link, Zelda, 3rd and 4th not knowing at this time, i dont even have a name or story to put to it yet :D , but i might use some of the characters you said as the 3rd and 4th playables.
anyone have anything else they would like to see added to this?.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Well, i was doing some thinking, and i thought why should i spend all that time drawing link when smash brothers has a perfectly good link, so will ripping the animations from it for my new link, i started thinking again, and what i thought of was that i could make a beats of rage mod much faster if i used all the charecters from super smash brothers, but then it couldn't be a zelda game, and so now its going to be a super smash brothers game (dont have a name for it yet).
but this is the way the story is, you play as link, mario, samus and fox, the rest of the characters from it will be bosses, and then the will be clones of ie mario and link etc, and other caracters from the game too, cos they have been cloned by bowser, and he has also turned the other charctors evil with his new mind controll thingy, his plan to controll all the nintendo stars, and make an army out of them by cloning them.
Ok the story might not sound very good, but if anyone else can come up with something to go along with this game would be nice.
now heres some gifs of link.

let me know what you think.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

looks pretty slick :)
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

im having a problem, i cant test out my character in beats of rage, cos i cant make a .pak file thanks to windows xp :(, is the a work around this?.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Hmmm, you can test it by using the BOR.EXE that comes with the edit pack, but im not sure how it will run under xp. I have win2k and installed VDMSound so i would have sound support in the "win-dos" that comes with NT based os's. You could always grab a 98 boot disk and boot to that and load drivers for your sound card and test that way, or if you have a 2nd pc, just drop 98 on it and do your testing on there.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I can play beats og rage on my xbox, but i cant make a pak file for my mod, so i cant test out my mod, is the another program that can make pak files for BOR?.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Try getting in touch with vicviper74 or kungpow12345. They know their way around these things, and I'm pretty sure they're both using XP.

As far as a tentative name goes - how about "Ocarina of Rage"? Or possibly "Rage From The Past"?

Keep up the good work. Please don't get discouraged and quit. This has the potential to be a fantastic mod, and I really look forward to seeing it.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

I have Windows XP and you need install the program VDMSound.
Then run the BOR Packer with this program. No more errors. :D

See ya. :wink:
Life is a path with infinite destinies
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

where can i get VDMSound program from?.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

ok, seems like i just found out that i can test my mods out on my pc without making a pak file (i'll still need to get a program that can make pak files so i can get my mods to work on my dc and xbox), but now i've run into another big problem, i keep getting "Unable to load file 'data\chars\link\walk1.gif (may be out of memory).
anyone know what might be going on here?.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

nice new gifs of link zero!

you're making smash bros now?

even cooler!
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

zero wrote:ok, seems like i just found out that i can test my mods out on my pc without making a pak file (i'll still need to get a program that can make pak files so i can get my mods to work on my dc and xbox), but now i've run into another big problem, i keep getting "Unable to load file 'data\chars\link\walk1.gif (may be out of memory).

Hmmm, whever this happens to me it usually has to do with the character .txt, take a look around it and try to find a mistake somewhere.
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

zero wrote:ok, seems like i just found out that i can test my mods out on my pc without making a pak file (i'll still need to get a program that can make pak files so i can get my mods to work on my dc and xbox), but now i've run into another big problem, i keep getting "Unable to load file 'data\chars\link\walk1.gif (may be out of memory).
It means that the program can find the frame walk1.gif of link animation.
Maybe you have a different name in the text that the one you have in the link's folder. Make sure that you have the animation walk1.gif in the link's folder.

See ya.
Life is a path with infinite destinies