Genesis Plus/dc prob

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Balrog75
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Genesis Plus/dc prob

Post by Balrog75 »

Hey all,
Just a quick question about Genesis PLus. I downloaded the sbi for preview 3 from sbiffy, and unzipped it with sbinudcer, but when I burn it and put it in my dc, I get the DreamInducer menu, and when I select the genesis plus/dc emulator, the dreamcast goes blank and then reboots. I tried to do it without romss and got the same thing. I also burned it at 4x speed, but got the same thing again. Is there anything I can do the fix this? Also, would it be possible for me to compile my own binary from the source (I dont know how to, or even if it would be wrong, and if it is, I don't mean any offense).
Thanks for all your hard work,
Last edited by Balrog75 on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

At some point, the SBI was broken, but I don't know if it still is.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

You could always make a bootable image from plain files, I've used pinnoy's kit in the past.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

The SBI was fixed awhile ago. I was about to say "Dreamcast that can't read cdr's", but that is moot since you can get it to boot. The only thing I can think of is that there is some burn mistake somewhere and this happened out of randomness to me when burning at 8X. 4X should be slow enough, but just for the sake of it, try it one more time at 2X or even 1X (put some games on the disk too). The games can be anywhere since this version supports directory browsing.
Balrog75
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Balrog75 »

Thanks for all your responses. Would anyone have a spare sbi of preview 3 around that works, (Norton wont let me download anything from consolevision). Also, I am using alcohol 120, so it cant burn lower than 4x. Are there even plain files for preview 3, because I an only find them for the first release.(Which is great, but I would like to try the latest version and get the speed).
Thanks
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

i've never gotten GPpreview3 sbi to work when put on a menu with other stuff, the only way it seems to work is to burn it as a single boot. :?
Balrog75
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Balrog75 »

How do you burn it as a single boot? I dont know how to use it for selfboot, and burning with sbi inducer only takes me to the dreaminucer menu, even without anything on it. When I select Genesis PLus, the dc just reboots.
Thanks again
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

How long have you had that sbi? There was an older one that did this. You should be downloading:

Genplus3_bO.sbi

It's a dumb question since you probably downloaded it very recently, but I've been known to download stuff and not use it for the next 6 months.
Balrog75
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Balrog75 »

Actually, I've been using Gpdc-prv3.sbi, so that must be the problem (actually, I dont remember where I got that from), I try it in a couple of minutes.