Sonic R should be Ressurected !!!!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Sonic R ressurection: Yay or Nay

Yay
55%
Nay
45%

Total votes: 11
gh0st90
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sonic R should be Ressurected !!!!!

Post by gh0st90 »

The Gh0st here,

I've been married to my dreamcast for the past 3 years ( despite what ppl suggested ) n when my eyes were finally opened to DCemu, my life was comple.....

Any who :-p, I just wanted to know if ne one agrees wiuth me that Sonic R shoul be brought back. I thoght the game was kick ass ( even on the trribly flawed windows 95 ). but times've changed n i got it again. STILL KICKS ASS!!!! but i grow weary of the same levels ( wont stop me from playing it though ) i just wanted to kno if it would be possible to either hack that version n add new levels or use the source to make a new one ( a lil over the top but i can Dr3am Cant i? :-p )
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i think it stinks but it should be ported any way
spiroth10
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by spiroth10 »

I really want another one too...
although it would be pretty hard to hack, seeing the levels are hard-coded in either directdraw or direct3d...

although Im pretty sure we have some skilled enough programmers here to make another game on Dreamcast, but most of them are overly respective to sega, and will not make a fan game... at least I think. havent been proved wrong yet. Im still amazed that no 2d sonic fangames have been made. we have far more complicated homebrews, and sega wont care if its open source. :sigh: a man can dream, cant he?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

If it is to come we would have to make a single game emulator or something and dcemu is strictly against hacking and we are having a sega saturn emulator well I doubt anything would happen good to that archived game

and I doubt anyone would want to take the time to emulate a dated 3d sonic game the 2d sonic games have something in it but sonic R on the other hand is like a preproduction of sonic adventure so I would recommend get Sonic Adventure for dreamcast and play this game on saturn or if you can find the pc version...
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

screw R
sonic drift is WAY better...

MAKE A SQUEL SEGA
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I loved playing Sonic R on my Saturn. Only the 2 player mode sucked, because only a small part of the track was displayed.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

A squel? What the heck is a squel?
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

.....Take me back in time.......to another world.........
spiroth10
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by spiroth10 »

yes drift was good, but I like R as well. I miss the days when tehy were still cranking out genesis and SNES games. THOSE were the days! so many revolutionary ideas were being sprouted, and many great RPGS had their beginings. Final fantasy games still dont live up to teh SNES ones... except 7 and maybe 8.

but heck, Im not against hacking :twisted:... theres a lot I dont let this kind of crowd know about me. lol.
but, thing is, even with really good hacking, the DC will NEVER support the kind of graphics it uses (Directdraw or direct3d) but the dc Devvers ARE capable of it, but they are working on more important things.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

yes drift was good, but I like R as well. I miss the days when tehy were still cranking out genesis and SNES games. THOSE were the days! so many revolutionary ideas were being sprouted, and many great RPGS had their beginings. Final fantasy games still dont live up to teh SNES ones... except 7 and maybe 8.

yeah atleast they had an excuse generating Voices on genesis was almost not possible
no offence but how dum are you A squel is a typing error a squel is closest to sequel
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

whatis sonic drift on?
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

Quote:

no offence but how dum are you A squel is a typing error a squel is closest to sequel
I think he's insulting your grammar skills. :twisted:
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

yeah sequel... little sleep makes me make mistakes
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T