Dream On Magazine needs a name change: need name suggestions

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Lope de Aguirre
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lope de Aguirre »

Just registered to say I would like to buy one too. :)
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

wow, I've never seen so many people vote before. I thought I got a lot of votes when 23 people voted in my "Tell me what to have for lunch" thread
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mrfiddlez »

Cmon Guy's, What's tha News?
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Mrfiddlez wrote:Cmon Guy's, What's tha News?
Yeah. Update pls. :|
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

MetaFox wrote:Here's my post from the Sega forums about the latest state of the magazine:
MetaFox wrote:It's not out yet. This is all done soley by me at the moment. Magazine printing is a pricey business. I was weighing my options, and I've decided that interest is high enough to warrant a news stand quality release, but there are factors that prevent immediate release:

1) Most importantly, CD pressing for multi-session Dreamcast MIL-CD format CDs is quite new, and there are no companies that are set up for them. The GOAT store has had problems with their latest releases in which the error checking set up for MAC/PC multi-session discs caused the Dreamcast to detect the disc as an audio CD. I'm talking with Dan Loosen about this, as I don't want to make the same mistakes.

2) I was planning on a small print run on cheap, stapled paper, but I'm opting for newstand quality instead. It's going to be 24 pages on "Standard" Size (8 3/8" X 10 3/4") coated paper on Heat Set Web Presses, stitched - with no advertisements. I don't yet have the funds for this, so I'm going to be selling some of my video game collection, and seeing if I can get a loan for this.

BuzzTron_451, you're making me out to be some sort of money-grubbing thief. This is all coming out of my pocket, and I won't be making a profit on this. I need to sell 1900 copies to even break even. This has never been about profit for me, but rather, for showcasing the talents of the developers and artists who still support the Dreamcast. Besides, it's $5US, it's not like you are going to break the bank to purchase it.
Yes, I'm going with a lot more expensive print run - but given the fact that this has spread to Sega sites all over the internet, I think that selling 2000 copies is not such a lofty goal - plus the quality will be outstanding. :)
Dan Loosen of the Goat Store mentioned that the pressing problems should be sorted out - so if the discs come back OK, that sorts out one problem. There still exists the problem of money - I still have some family issues that need my money first and foremost, after that, the money will go to the magazine. The first issue will be funded through loans and the sale of my videogame collection.

The subsequent issues should be self-funding. Take patience guys, it will be out soon enough.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Oh Noes, not the video games. Man if I known that you needed money for the Mag I would have required a donation for my little room give away thing. Oh well, maybe I can require it now since I still have some stuff to put up. Would that be cool with you Meta?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:Oh Noes, not the video games. Man if I known that you needed money for the Mag I would have required a donation for my little room give away thing. Oh well, maybe I can require it now since I still have some stuff to put up. Would that be cool with you Meta?
I'd like to accept donations for this, but since it's not completely for cost, it could come back and bite me. No donations this time around, and I'm not comfortable with advertising yet. I don't want to string people along, so I'd like to see if the first issue does as well as I hope before I start striking advertising deals.

On a sidenote, I just wrote up a Dream On Magazine FAQ.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Pre-orders?
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Okay but if you change your mind PM me, Since I am knight of Null I guess I should probably help you :P
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'd buy one!
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

There are going to be advertisements for games like Baldr Force EXE, right? :lol:

(Just kidding; I know that they wouldn't be paying to have the ads included, and that would use up space and cost money, and people wouldn't necessarily be interested... but it would be cool! Ads for HB games would be cooler, though.)
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

This is great Meta, I cant wait to see the high quality prints. I will buy one of these magazines. I hope this is a hit! Because it should be.
miracleman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by miracleman »

i'd buy one and depending on cost and shipping i'd try to stock a few at my retro games store( 7 weeks old and counting!)
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I'd still buy one even at $10.00. I'd hate to see you sell some of your own video game collection just to fund it. I always regret selling off old games.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Yeah, it would be a shame. Unless you have DC games to sell me.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

i would hate for you to sell your video game collection.

:cry:
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Well ill make sure that dcemulation, dcemu uk & dc homebrew all have a banner of the magazine on
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Christluu
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Christluu »

no update ?
geeeeoffff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

oh hell yes

Post by geeeeoffff »

I'm about to pick up a dreamcast specifically because it has such a great community and its so wonderfully flexible!

i would pay up to 15 dollars for it, but, only if it was sooper amazing. as in, having a few full version homebrew games, and maybe a bunch of tools, like VCD player, divx player etc. Also, full emulators would be nice, videos of how to modify, and video tutorials on how to do stuff to the dreamcast.

is there a place where i can register my e-mail and get a notification when you start distribution?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

is there a place where i can register my e-mail and get a notification when you start distribution?
That's a good idea :idea:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube