Midwest Classic Gaming pictures?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Tursi
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Midwest Classic Gaming pictures?

Post by Tursi »

Okay, I can't wait any longer. ;) Maybe I've missed it, there are a lot of posts here, but Binky and I are dying to hear any news of how the Midwest Classic Gaming expo went, and seeing any pics of the Goat Store booth (and maybe Cool Herders ;) ). I've done web searches, and only turned up two collections of pics, neither of which was interested in the Dreamcast stuff.

Anybody have any links to photos?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Re: Midwest Classic Gaming pictures?

Post by MetaFox »

Tursi wrote:Okay, I can't wait any longer. ;) Maybe I've missed it, there are a lot of posts here, but Binky and I are dying to hear any news of how the Midwest Classic Gaming expo went, and seeing any pics of the Goat Store booth (and maybe Cool Herders ;) ). I've done web searches, and only turned up two collections of pics, neither of which was interested in the Dreamcast stuff.

Anybody have any links to photos?
I was too dumb to bring a camera. :?

It was neat though. Your game was set up right between the four Feet of Fury monitors and DCastle if I remember correctly. :)

There actually were a lot of people coming up to my table asking if Cool Herders was going to be commercially released, as they had to have it. :)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:o Cool Herders...!!! Thought it would never be completed! Great news!
Insane homebrew collector.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

I apologize for not getting information out earlier, but I've been working on getting the final builds of Inhabitants and Maqiupai actually into the point of production again... Soon...

Anywho, I have a few pictures for everyone:

About 1/3rd of the Dreamcast display. You can see Feet of Fury, DCASTLE and Cool Herders in this picture.

S+F Software with Inhabitants directly behind them to the left and Maqiupai behind them to the right.

Brandon with one of the "mock" Inhabitants cases we got in time for the show. You can see the Inhabitants + Maqiupai posters better in this image.

Cool Herders ready to go (on my personal 'Cast) before anyone got there.

DCASTLE ready and menacing.

The general comments on all of the games were very positive. I didn't have too much of a chance to talk with people, but of the three games we had on display for one of the first times ever (and I still need to find our picture of Boll...) Cool Herders and DCASTLE were what most people were the most interested in immediately (which makes sense because Boll has no one player mode yet...)

Everyone enjoyed Feet of Fury, Inhabitants and Maqiupai, and everyone seemed to be very happy with the production quality on each of them. S+F Software even did a speech regarding Inhabitants at the show that was really excellent.

Overall, I felt the Dreamcast showing was extremely positive, and I know that a LOT of people were very interested in following the progress of the games.
Tursi
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tursi »

Thanks, Dan. That should be enough to keep Binky and I quiet for a bit. ;)
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

where was this?
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

popley wrote:where was this?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin at the Brookfield Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center, on May 22nd and 23rd.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Gah - I just found this thread. Oh, well. Looks like I was fortunate enough to get the back of my head in that one picture. :lol:

If anyone is still interested, I have several more photos Brandon took when we went to the Midwest Classic. Sorry for the delay in this reply, chaps.

- Fuzmeister
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Somehow, I feel a good feeling seeing all those Dreamcasts in one place
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i wish i could have went.....
Tursi
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tursi »

I'm still interested, Steve.. where can we see your pics? :)
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

same here, Steve - I'd love to see them all