Genesis Plus/DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
InternetAddict
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Genesis Plus/DC

Post by InternetAddict »

So any word on a release coming out soon? Sometime in August maybe?
One day there will be a Sega CD Emulator on the Dreamcast I guarantee you.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

This question has been answered several times and BlackAura has always answered it will be out when the glitches he's working on now are fixed, so you'll have to be patient.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

yeah it will rule when it does, I know that , blackaura makes great stuff and this genesis emu is a blessing. keep up the good work buddy :}.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

So any word on a release coming out soon? Sometime in August maybe?
Short answer: When it's done
Long answer: When it's done, and I don't know if I'll have a lot of time to work on it. University stuff, and quite a lot of it. So it could be a while.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

i never understood the absolute rush in wanting an emulator for dc. if its about the games, there are many top notch emulators out there for the computer. even if your comp is a piece of crap, just about any game should be within playable limits
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I imagine a fair number of people want to play them on the TV because that is where they came from, and it increases the nostolgia factor. That's why I go blow money on the various compilations released for the current consoles. I'd rather play it there than on an LCD panel.

However, this pestering of the coders is getting tiresome.
Darth Revan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Darth Revan »

Yes, the actual gaming experience is so much better. :P
Its not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Besides, it's just impressive to see it in action. I like it almost as much for the technical feat it represents as I do for the actual emulation.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Yeah, rendering the tiles with the PVR hardware it's something that has never been done in the DC and I think even BlackAura wasn't sure it would work.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yeah, rendering the tiles with the PVR hardware it's something that has never been done in the DC and I think even BlackAura wasn't sure it would work.
No, I wasn't. And I didn't think it'd work that well either.
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

I'm very much looking forward to this. Please don't sweat too much and bring it to us when it's ready.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this...
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!
InternetAddict
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by InternetAddict »

All I know is it's gonna be pretty awesome. Maybe he could change the menu so you don't have to rename roms that excede 32 characters, or is that speud's job?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

BlackAura wrote:
If only I could pull off something similar for Super Famicast. It might not be the end-all answer, but I'm sure it would help. But nothing seems to be remotely easy in SNES emulation.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

scherzo wrote:
BlackAura wrote:
If only I could pull off something similar for Super Famicast. It might not be the end-all answer, but I'm sure it would help. But nothing seems to be remotely easy in SNES emulation.
Correction. Nothing seems to be remotely easy in SNES emulation.............on the Dreamcast, ha ha ha. :lol: Well, anways, if anyone has the abilities to make great emulators, it's you, Black Aura, and Ian. Just keep it up, and remember not to rush yourselves because of people's demands, lol. I support all of you!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Maybe he could change the menu so you don't have to rename roms that excede 32 characters, or is that speud's job?
Well, the menu is only temporary. The final version will not have such restrictions, and filenames won't matter too much anyway.
It'd be far more difficult to do it for a SNES, mostly because the graphics hardware is that much more complex. It should be possible to get it working in a few of the most common video modes, but games that make very heavy use of effects or screw around with video registers in mid-frame won't look correct, as in Genesis Plus. Of course, that kind of thing is a lot more common on a SNES than it is on a MegaDrive...

Still, might be worth a shot.
InternetAddict
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by InternetAddict »

I was wondering will your release have a vmu option for games that had a abilty to save to cart? like example sonic the hedgehog 3 and a six button mode would be really helpful for mk games
InternetAddict
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by InternetAddict »

ohh and one more thing could you add a "Reset" option for games where u need to reset like X-Men?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I was wondering will your release have a vmu option for games that had a abilty to save to cart?
If I can get it to work. Genesis Plus itself has no support for that at the moment, and adding it might be a bit difficult.
a six button mode would be really helpful for mk games
If I can get it to work. Genesis Plus itself has no support for that at the moment (this sounds familiar, no?), and I don't have any controllers with enough buttons to test it out.
ohh and one more thing could you add a "Reset" option for games where u need to reset like X-Men?
Err... Maybe.
Dutchdude
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dutchdude »

Hey BlackAura, nice work man !
I also have a question. Will Genesis plus/dc have Pal(50Hz) support ?
(BTW doesn't 50Hz use less cpu speed the 60hz ? )

Anyway keep up the cool work!
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

InternetAddict wrote:Maybe he could change the menu so you don't have to rename roms that excede 32 characters
anyone is free to modify the source and recompile it with less restricting limits, just replace the values in those lines in dreamcast-x/menu.c:

Code: Select all

#define LIST_MAX_PATH		1024
#define LIST_MAX_FILE		32
then im not the one to decide if a new version with modified settings should be released or not.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)