Fahrenheit 9/11 bootleg broadcast on Cuba TV

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by OneThirty8 »

Lartrak wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
zerotype wrote:Why does everyone here hate Bush.Honestly I think he is a great president that does his job.RIGHT.I'd rather have him than any ol' democrat.
Yea he is great, tell that to the family of all the dead troops for this waste of a war iraq. Yea he is great for ruining the economy that Clinton had going well.
werent we months into a clinton - gore recession before any of his economic policies were even put into action ?
It doesn't matter. The mindless drones out there, the ones who actually believe that the president somehow magically controlls the economy, will always blame the current man in office. People are truly stupid when it comes to most things, often denying he truth when it stares them directly in the face.
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-preside ... nsible.htm
I tend to agree... The economy goes in cycles over and over and over. Most of my teachers in high school drilled it into our heads over and over that a recession was on the way, as prosperity never lasts forever.
The President doesn't 'magically control the economy' in the sense that he waves a wand and says, "Make my rich buddies richer and screw everyone else, and screw them hard", but his policies can will have an effect. There is only so much money to be had. If there are rich people getting richer, then that's money that's not going back into the 'pool' for the rest of us. If jobs are being outsourced to other countries, then that makes it less likely that I'm going to find a new job tomorrow if I'm out of work. If the money is being taken out of the country, that's no good for anybody. If this is all happening on the President's watch, shouldn't he step in and say, "Wait a minute... this sucks. We've gotta keep these jobs in America, and we've got to get some rich people to loosen the death-grip they've got on the cash so fewer Americans are poor, and we've got to keep money from just going overseas. Raising minimum wage and insuring the health of every American would be a good idea too, but since I'm a Republican we'll just worry about keeping the money in America and in circulation." He's the Head Cheese of the USA. If I, a cog in the machine, screw up at work and cost my employer a huge chunk of cash, my boss is ultimately going to have to shoulder the responsibility since it happened on his watch, even if I'm fired as a result. Why shouldn't Dubya take some responsibility?
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
zerotype wrote:Why does everyone here hate Bush.Honestly I think he is a great president that does his job.RIGHT.I'd rather have him than any ol' democrat.
Yea he is great, tell that to the family of all the dead troops for this waste of a war iraq. Yea he is great for ruining the economy that Clinton had going well.
werent we months into a clinton - gore recession before any of his economic policies were even put into action ?
It doesn't matter. The mindless drones out there, the ones who actually believe that the president somehow magically controlls the economy, will always blame the current man in office. People are truly stupid when it comes to most things, often denying he truth when it stares them directly in the face.
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-preside ... nsible.htm
I tend to agree... The economy goes in cycles over and over and over. Most of my teachers in high school drilled it into our heads over and over that a recession was on the way, as prosperity never lasts forever.
The President doesn't 'magically control the economy' in the sense that he waves a wand and says, "Make my rich buddies richer and screw everyone else, and screw them hard", but his policies can will have an effect. There is only so much money to be had. If there are rich people getting richer, then that's money that's not going back into the 'pool' for the rest of us. If jobs are being outsourced to other countries, then that makes it less likely that I'm going to find a new job tomorrow if I'm out of work. If the money is being taken out of the country, that's no good for anybody. If this is all happening on the President's watch, shouldn't he step in and say, "Wait a minute... this sucks. We've gotta keep these jobs in America, and we've got to get some rich people to loosen the death-grip they've got on the cash so fewer Americans are poor, and we've got to keep money from just going overseas. Raising minimum wage and insuring the health of every American would be a good idea too, but since I'm a Republican we'll just worry about keeping the money in America and in circulation." He's the Head Cheese of the USA. If I, a cog in the machine, screw up at work and cost my employer a huge chunk of cash, my boss is ultimately going to have to shoulder the responsibility since it happened on his watch, even if I'm fired as a result. Why shouldn't Dubya take some responsibility?
The rich invest their money and put it in banks. It goes back into the economy. This idea that rich people just stuff their money under their matresses and keep it from the world is just silly. PLENTY of prople are making a living off of their investments and savings, from the big wigs, to the little guys who work for them. Economics 101.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

if the rich people we aactually spending their extra money then the economy would be doing soo much better and we wouldn't of had to restore the US from reagonomics.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

^^^^^^ My, God. That's $%#@ing stupid...
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

farrell2k wrote:^^^^^^ My, God. That's $%#@ing stupid...
yeah it is stupid that they keep their money. If you can find me proof that rich people will spend everything that makes them rich then please show me.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

isnt this another example of trickle down economics that reagan did? it didnt work then and it didnt work now.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Random_Troll wrote:
yeah it is stupid that they keep their money. If you can find me proof that rich people will spend everything that makes them rich then please show me.
So, when they have disposable income, they should run out and spend it all? In that case, so should everyon else. This is unrealistic and would never happen. Keep dreaming.

Rich people invest it and keep it in banks where it is invested even more!!! It flows right back into the economy. You don't have to spend money to get it in circulation. You're suggesting that the rich hide all of their wealth under a rock and do nothing with it....dumb.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

farrell2k wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
So, when they have disposable income, they should run out and spend it all? In that case, so should everyon else. This is unrealistic and would never happen. Keep dreaming.

Rich people invest it and keep it in banks where it is invested even more!!! It flows right back into the economy. You don't have to spend money to get it in circulation. You're suggesting that the rich hide all of their wealth under a rock and do nothing with it....dumb.
So, I'm still waiting on proof that this actually works...
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Random_Troll wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:

ok person A puts money in bank. Bank loans money to person B to be paid back with interest, interest helps person A. Person B uses money for this example to start a buisness, the buisness grows creating jobs for more people. So the money of person A helps the economy without actually being spent.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

It's so simple that I wouldn't even waste time explaining it to you, Troll.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

farrell2k wrote:It's so simple that I wouldn't even waste time explaining it to you, Troll.
Vague for the sake of accuracy? :wink:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

FETUS wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:

ok person A puts money in bank. Bank loans money to person B to be paid back with interest, interest helps person A. Person B uses money for this example to start a buisness, the buisness grows creating jobs for more people. So the money of person A helps the economy without actually being spent.
Very good FETUS we all took economics. Now PROVE that it works. I want PROOF not how it works but definitive proof that it works.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

farrell2k wrote:It's so simple that I wouldn't even waste time explaining it to you, Troll.
'
hrm. Because it doesn't work. Btw I didn't ask for an explination. I asked for proof that it works. Show me somewhere that it does work.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Random_Troll wrote:
'
hrm. Because it doesn't work. Btw I didn't ask for an explination. I asked for proof that it works. Show me somewhere that it does work.
Ummm, seriously...? Are you that ignorant of everything around you?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

farrell2k wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
'
The economy is doing so well companies are moving their jobs off shores and we have to have tax free days all the time now. Yeah if these are good times I'd hate to see the bad ones.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

In any profesion that matters it's the quality of work that counts. All the time we lose bids to the koreans and it doesn't bug us cause we know in about a month they'll be sending it to us to fix all there screw ups. And it's our own fault that a lot of jobs are going offshore we always want things cheaper how do you get them cheaper cheap materials and cheap labor a very hard thing to find in america.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Random_Troll wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
'
The economy is doing so well companies are moving their jobs off shores and we have to have tax free days all the time now. Yeah if these are good times I'd hate to see the bad ones.
Cheap labor is to blame for that. The only way you can stop that is to make it illegal for u.s. companies to hire anyone but u.s. citizens who liveand pay taxes in the u.s. You can't do hat without making things much, much worse. No one in this country can change the fact that little girls in china get paid $.10/hr. Well, I am sure you'll go blame it on Bush, Reagonomics, or something equally silly.

BTW: I thought we were discussing the fact that people with disposable income do NOT have to spend it for it to circulate through the economy.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

er no farrel I wont. I never have. However I'm still waiting for proof that it works. If you can show me some then great. I'll be happy. Until then it doesn't work.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Random_Troll wrote:er no farrel I wont. I never have. However I'm still waiting for proof that it works. If you can show me some then great. I'll be happy. Until then it doesn't work.
Open your eyes. The proof is right in front of your face...

A rich man puts his money into a savings account/cd/ whatever. The bank uses that money to invest in companies. The companies that were invested in use that money to operate, expand, etc. These companies remain in business and pay employees. Those employees take their money and live off it, buying goods, services, etc. I could go on forever, but I will stop here. Banks also lend money to startups and other businesses, who pay employees, who live off that money, etc. The bank earns interest off the rich man's money and starts the cycle over and over again. This is only one possible scenario of the how things works. What the hell are you talking about when you say this doesn't work? This is EXACTLY how things work. The rich man contributed a lot to the economy without directly spending a dime! BTW: the same thing happens with anyone's money, rich or not.

Didn't you learn this in the beginning of high school? Have you gotten that far yet?
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

toastman wrote:
Storminator16 wrote:If someone made a movie about the evil of Jamie Lee Curtis a lot of Americans would believe anything said there, too.
Breasts like that could never be evil. ;)
Funny, until "True Lies" I never thought she was hot, and I never noticed the chest. Funny, I have to check back through some older movies to see if she had that chest before 94....