Fat Activists Protest "Anti-Obesity Bigotry"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CoasterKing »

Being fat or chubby isn't always that bad but being clinically obese is detrimental to your health and that is a fact.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

scott6565 wrote:And by the way, i take it that was an american article eh, they are the fattest country in the entire world hahahahhahah.
oh, yes. that is mighty funny. haha myself. :roll:

you people are ridiculous. i guess since predujice of fat people isnt looked down upon, yet racism is, i think i know what all of you people wouldve been like in the 60s. people always have to find a reason to hate someone. if you cant hate somones race, hate their body weight i know quite a few fat people who will beat all of you skinny fucks down. ya know what im sayin?

edit: and since when have people been so obsessed with normalness? theres all kinds of counter and sub cultures out there that arent "normal" that im sure some of you guys are a part of.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

For the record, I just about scrape 5'9", and weight a little over 8 stone - or 112 pounds for the Yanks.
That is VERY thin. But I'd guess you have a very light frame to go with it.
What about when we all lived in caves and had to survive cold winters? Wouldn't a certain amount of body fat have helped to keep out the cold?
Well, the SMART people didn't go to the damned cold countries... They stayed in Africa and Southern Asia. :wink:

But if you ever meet an Inuit, many look like you'd guess - short and squat, the best body for a colder climate.
I'M DRINKING A GLASS OF GREEN TEA
What does drinking green tea actually do? I've heard references to it in that context before...

And since everyone else is saying it... I'm 5'11" and currently somewhat under 190. In early high school I did weigh like 230 and was a few inches shorter, so I was in the obese range (on the low end of it, but hey), but I grew a few inches and ate less and lost about 20 pounds without trying, then lost another 20 with trying. Wasn't too bad really. I do plan to lose more... Probably another 20. I just wish I could have like 6 months off, no school or work.. Having work and school makes it soooo much harder :(
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Lartrak wrote:
For the record, I just about scrape 5'9", and weight a little over 8 stone - or 112 pounds for the Yanks.
That is VERY thin. But I'd guess you have a very light frame to go with it.
Perhaps by American standards. I checked a book from a friend who took Home Economics, and I was within the "normal" range for height/weight ratio. Just about :|.

I do have a small frame, I will admit. Although broad shoulders, apparently...
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

CoasterKing wrote:Being fat or chubby isn't always that bad but being clinically obese is detrimental to your health and that is a fact.
Huh? WTF is clinically obese? Last time I checked, obese is obese, and obese is what I explained earlier. I'm 5'10", and I'm supposedly not suppose to weigh over 185 lbs. I've weigh around 200 at this point and I'm considered obese (fat). That's pretty ridiculous.

I dunno, for each their own. Why does it matter what a person weigh anyways? I love the social hang-ups of North Americans...
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

Mikey1109 wrote:
scott6565 wrote:And by the way, i take it that was an american article eh, they are the fattest country in the entire world hahahahhahah.
oh, yes. that is mighty funny. haha myself. :roll:

you people are ridiculous. i guess since predujice of fat people isnt looked down upon, yet racism is, i think i know what all of you people wouldve been like in the 60s. people always have to find a reason to hate someone. if you cant hate somones race, hate their body weight i know quite a few fat people who will beat all of you skinny fudge down. ya know what im sayin?

edit: and since when have people been so obsessed with normalness? theres all kinds of counter and sub cultures out there that arent "normal" that im sure some of you guys are a part of.

haha your a fatty arent ya!!! (i noticed you mentioned fudge somewere in there)

so ummm ok so far we have mentioned that 1) being fat is unhealthy, and 2)fat people should take responsability and buy two seats on a plane if they cant fit in one. 3) some fat guy said he wanted to lose weight because he doesnt liek the way he looks. I guess we are all just big minority hating nazis, i dont know about you guys but im going to go beat up some jews... :evil: :evil:
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

btw i am an idiot
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Storminator16 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:Being fat or chubby isn't always that bad but being clinically obese is detrimental to your health and that is a fact.
Huh? WTF is clinically obese? Last time I checked, obese is obese, and obese is what I explained earlier. I'm 5'10", and I'm supposedly not suppose to weigh over 185 lbs. I've weigh around 200 at this point and I'm considered obese (fat). That's pretty ridiculous.

I dunno, for each their own. Why does it matter what a person weigh anyways? I love the social hang-ups of North Americans...
Clinically obese is when your weight affects your health.

I can't speak for the USA (although I believe the problem of obesity is as great or greater there than anywhere else in the world) but where I live the problem is quite serious. In Scotland (my home country) people are eating more but instead of getting "bigger and stronger" they now have the highest rate of coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer in the EU and that is mainly due to rising levels of obesity and smoking. I wouldn't call it a crisis but it certainly is something which needs to and is being dealt with.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

edit
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

If you read the end of his previous post, you'll see that he was being sarcastic ;).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Perhaps by American standards.
Well, no. I don't think the American standard implies a bigger skeleton..
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

it can eat like what people think fat people eat yet dotn gain weight.. i only am 3% body fat :)
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

scott6565 wrote:btw i am an idiot
haha, i noticed. me, a fat ass? please. i weigh 245, but my height gives me good proportion (think football player), so i dont care who says what obese is or not. the only thing that matters is girls like what they see. thats more than a lot of skinny...oops, i mean "normal", people can say.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Lartrak wrote:
Perhaps by American standards.
Well, no. I don't think the American standard implies a bigger skeleton..
I mean that in America you might have different standards for what fat and thin are compared to us, because notoriously you're supposed to be the biggest, on average. Possibly because of steroid-injected meat and larger portions in restaurants (you wouldn't believe how much smaller they are over here).
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

im 5'10 and weigh 145 lbs last time i weighed myself (which was a few days ago). And az does speak the truth, in other countries, the serving proportions are smaller. To each his own, but i vow to never go over 160 lbs.........
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

You know the whole diet craze is getting freakin' rediculous...

As I always say: LIVE HAPPY NOT HEALTHY.

For instance, take those damn people that complain about fast food places for not having healthier food... WTF you doing in a fast food joint if you want to eat "healthy"?
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Lord_Ball wrote:You know the whole diet craze is getting freakin' rediculous...

As I always say: LIVE HAPPY NOT HEALTHY.

For instance, take those damn people that complain about fast food places for not having healthier food... WTF you doing in a fast food joint if you want to eat "healthy"?
I'd like to eat those people.

Oh noes! I can't have THAT, it has (insert name of fad to avoid)!
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

Mikey1109 wrote:
scott6565 wrote:btw i am an idiot
haha, i noticed. me, a fat ass? please. i weigh 245, but my height gives me good proportion (think football player), so i dont care who says what obese is or not. the only thing that matters is girls like what they see. thats more than a lot of skinny...oops, i mean "normal", people can say.
i dont know what you look like, it just seemed you were getting kinda defensive there pal... if your 245 thats really heavy you really must be a football player or somthing, or else your fat and you own one of those distorted mirrors that makes you look thin or somthing... btw my last post was edited, one of the wussy do gooder mods must have took a sh!t when he read it and changed it even thought it was clearly a joke... :roll:
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

scott6565 wrote: i dont know what you look like, it just seemed you were getting kinda defensive there pal... if your 245 thats really heavy you really must be a football player or somthing, or else your fat and you own one of those distorted mirrors that makes you look thin or somthing... btw my last post was edited, one of the wussy do gooder mods must have took a plop when he read it and changed it even thought it was clearly a joke... :roll:
You're still an idiot.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I mean that in America you might have different standards for what fat and thin are compared to us, because notoriously you're supposed to be the biggest, on average. Possibly because of steroid-injected meat and larger portions in restaurants (you wouldn't believe how much smaller they are over here).
We have a very warped standard over here. As people are getting fatter, the standard seems to be getting stretched.. At least, the supermodels seem to be getting thinner, anyway. At least the "addicted to crack" look has gone out.

But anyway, what I think is a thin frame isn't really relevant to how how much fat you have. You can weigh 300 pounds and have a thin frame, at least by how I define the word.
. And az does speak the truth, in other countries, the serving proportions are smaller.
That doesn't suprise me. The proportions you get in restaraunts around here are huge. Personally, I'll eat huge meals when going out to eat sometimes, but when I make my own food I don't.
t can eat like what people think fat people eat yet dotn gain weight.. i only am 3% body fat icon_smile.gif
Once you get older, you'll find yourself getting fatter. You just have a fast metabolism. I have the opposite problem... I maintain weight at significantly under a 2000 calorie a day diet.