Midwest Gaming Classic 2005 Needs You Now!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Midwest Gaming Classic 2005 Needs You Now!

Post by goatdan »

The Midwest Gaming Classic has been over for just a little over two and a half months, and the time to start planning for the next Midwest Gaming Classic is now? only this year has to be very different.

To make a long story short, if the Midwest Gaming Classic will happen again in the future, we need your commitment to help us out now. Gary and I have had some great help over the past few years with Marty Goldberg and Tom Lucht, but unfortunately there is still too much work for just four people to do. We need to get help with everything from getting people to help sponsor the event to helping to create and distribute flyers.

The Midwest Gaming Classic has been a labor of love for Gary and I over the past three years. We have spent a lot of money creating a show that we really felt proud of, and we have no regrets. On the other hand, we have spent countless hours putting the show together and to date have lost a significant amount of money for doing it. We did not create the show to make money from it ? we created the Midwest Gaming Classic as a way to bring electronic gamers of all types together to celebrate in the diversity that has occurred in electronic gaming over the past 100 years. We feel strongly that this year?s show totally accomplished that goal, and we are extremely proud of that fact. Unfortunately, our pride does not overshadow the fact that the Midwest Gaming Classic has lost well over $4000.00 in the three years of operation, and the show cannot continue in the future without a lot of help from the community.

This is where you come in ? if you would like to help the Midwest Gaming Classic continue into the future, we need you to contact us in some way and offer your help. No matter what your skills are or where you live, if you can offer them you will help bring the Midwest Gaming Classic back to Milwaukee in 2005. We could use people for any or all of the following jobs and more:

- Graphic design for flyers
- Graphic design for the Web site
- People to distribute flyers throughout town
- Volunteers at the show to help man the entrances and exits and sell tickets
- People to write articles
- People to help contact prospective sponsors, vendors and exhibitors
- People with PHP skills to help update the Web site on a timely basis
- People in the Milwaukee area to provide more ?things to do? pictures
- People willing to sell tickets to the event
- People to provide materials to help the event (paper, signage, tape, etc.)
- And just about anything else that you can think of to help!

The truth is that we are going to need a lot of help from people if there will be a Midwest Gaming Classic for next year. If we do not receive a strong response within approximately one month, we will either cancel the event for the foreseeable future or completely change the scope of it. I hope that everyone can understand our position on this matter.

If you are interested in helping the show, please email me at loosen@goatstore.com and tell me what you would be willing and able to do. Please also note what work, if any you have done in the past for any other projects. You do not need to live in Wisconsin or even be planning on attending the event if you want to help.

Thanks in advance!
Barret7sc
DC Developer
DC Developer

PHP Skillz?

Post by Barret7sc »

Well, I'll do whatever I can from my position here on the east coast to make sure there is another MWGC. If you need any PHP work done, I'll gladly help, considering it's one of my hobbies.

You know where to reach me, Dan ;)

-B
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

You've got my total support as well. I'll help you in any way I can.

I've posted news on the front page of DCEmulation and Consolevision, so hopefully that will bring more people's attention to your plight.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I can help pass out flyers here in Chicago.

I also feel bad that I've never gone to this convention. If funds are available, you can count me to attend next year.
originaldrdoom
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by originaldrdoom »

I will provide articles based on whatever you desire. I am highly proficient at writing and would enjoy contributing to your cause. I can include graphics in the articles- though, my graphical skills are limited. If you are interested, drop me an email: originaldrdoom@mail2victor.com

DOOM
"In all creation, there can be only one DOOM."
ndr008
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ndr008 »

Yeah, i too can help out with almost anything from that list. Count me in ;)
segaplayer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by segaplayer »

Hey, can't make it to the event but would glad to help out with graphic design for the flyers or just about anything. email is segaplayer@hotmail.com
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Dan - Did I email you about this? I don't remember... I may have late at night... but REGARDLESS... y'know that all of us at S+F are willing to do whatever needs done to make this happen again. I will try and spread the word about the MGC (I can advertise on our site which could spark one or two people's interest before next year's show :lol: ). I would also be willing to write almost anything you need regarding gaming, game development, and the like. Sorry I don't live closer to Wisconsin. :cry:

Lemme know.

- Fuzmeister
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

I think I've emailed and/or contacted everyone back that has expressed interest. Thanks a ton again guys -- the Dreamcast community is the best video game community to be part of, you guys are all great. If I didn't email you or I missed you or whatever, please PM me or email me and I'll fix that ;)

Thanks again everyone! Right now, the future is definitely looking brighter!
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

I know there's a big gaming community over in Minnesota (primarily Neo Geo gamers) that would probably be interested in the MGC. I couldn't go last year, but if I know the date of the one coming up, I'd definitely make sure I'm there next year.

Do you know if the Neo Geo is going to be represented there? If so, you might want to post over at http://www.neo-geo.com All the freaks there would be all over a gathering that is as close as Wisconsin.

As for contributing, I'm more than willing to contribute articles and the like. I'm a musical composer, so doing graphics / programming isn't my area of skill, but I'll be more than happy to spread the word, and even provide limited materials like paper, tape, etc. I can be reached at ramadjones@hotmail.com.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

dan - forgot to mention to you, I may be able to help in the way of printing. I work at a print shop, where I could probably help you get a good deal on printed materials. This goes for any stuff, not just MGC. Contact me if you want the web address of the place. I won't post it here or I might get harassed at work ;)
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

I promise that I won't harrass you!

....too much. :mrgreen:
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm I'm located *in* Milwaukee... but I have no idea what this.... convention is, all I know is that crazy gamers come dressed up in crazy costumes and there isn't much game playing going on.

What... games are played here? If its only RPGs and shit count me out.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

MulletMan13 wrote:Hrmm I'm located *in* Milwaukee... but I have no idea what this.... convention is, all I know is that crazy gamers come dressed up in crazy costumes and there isn't much game playing going on.

What... games are played here? If its only RPGs and poop count me out.
It's a classic game convention, like the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/