NEOCD 9.0 build 2 disc load help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
racingx96
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEOCD 9.0 build 2 disc load help

Post by racingx96 »

I have been using the new neogeo build (great by the way) and playing viewpoint. I can't seen to get Samurai Shodown 2 or NAM 1975 to load though. The insert cd wording just flickers when I put in the neo disc. I have the neo geo emu on my PC and they both work. Anyone have any ideas here?? I'm at a loss. P.S. looking forward to new updates and keep up the great work!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Some batches of real games have trouble loading it seems. Both these games load fine for me btw. The cd of these games, how it is burned matters i cant tell you or talk about backups no way to know if you own it for sure i can asume you do. Some of the neogeo batches of games ive been told were not burned the same. Because ive had 2 games the same one that does not load with a serial number a lot-ment thats not the same as one that that does load the same game. Both work fine on the pc. IBM PC cdrom drive can read almost any thing thats not the same with the dreamcast even if it can read the audio of the cd does not mean it can read the data.

Ive been told make a backup of your own disk then it will work convert the way it's burned. Some times it's the other way around. Only the real disk works. I think there is a lot of factors here going to work.

Age of the dreamcasts GDrom. Older newer batch numbers for said games. Wear and tear etc i have 2 dreamcasts one will load AOF3 for example the other does not.

Just keep trying it few times. I can asure you ive played both of those and many tests with those 2 on this build. Both are tested with real cds on my forum by a member.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

This really puzzles me...
i have tested few games here(will post when a more stable version comes out),
backuped and originals. There are even diferent version of the same game.
some load, some not... i?m far away to answer why these things happens.
:?
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I know that had real version of AOF load and the copy not. Quiet strange nothing much you can do both disks are the same looking at them with iso buster.

Cant really see any why to it but when some one says this real cd dont load most times ive known of it loading with that said game with the real cd.

Very stable left it play kof games each game for over 2 hours not a crash for me at all.

Timer bug was fixed. it's stable as far as the games it loads and plays it keeps playing.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

i have 2 different versions of FINAL ROMANCE 2, both original. one load, but the other NOT!
there is no explain about it.
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I Know But that is normal for me strange things happen. I was told neogeo disks were burnt after a time with new machine these batches from this machine dont load.

I dont know how true but i would guess serial number will show this to be the case.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

the batches, as i told you earlier, are just to some protected neogeocd(SNK ONLY) games. the number is around 8 games that need these patches. no need for non-snk games. there are different patches for neogeocd and neogeocd-z

final romance 2 is a videosystem game.