What is the DC camera for?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mrfiddlez »

Yer, it would be so worthwile, i was speaking to my friend about it earlier today, he was a die-hard sega fan (now a x-box fan) and he told me that last year when those sony reps went to Mcdonald's to show off the Eye-Toy, he went up and started a debate about how sony sucks compared to sega and sony stole the Dream Eye Idea.... LoL i wish i was there to see it.....
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Actually, it wasn't Sony who stole the idea, a British prof once poped up at the SCEE headquater and shared the idea of an EyeToy with the guys there... and... they liked the idea and also didn't rip him off.
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

Guys, as mucj as I like the DC. Dream eye is nothign like eyetoy. Eyetoy treacks the users movement etc. Dreameye is just webcam / digital camera. eyetoy was its own brilliant idea.

If only the Dream eye browser worked with BBA.. :(
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Eyetoy is only a webcam (and you can use it with your PC as a webcam). What makes the difference between dream eye and eye toy is the software, but I'm sure games like the ones that use eye toy could be done in DC using dream eye.