it happens only in INDIA!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

it happens only in INDIA!

Post by DeeMON »

ok, guess which is the hottest selling video game down here?

Xbox...nope...
PS2.....naah...
DC......naar...

its...

its...

NES!!!!!!!!
hmm, wear your glasses and read it again.... :o
yeah...even with your glasses on, it's NES! :D

well, i don't really mean the NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT system, but similar copies of that console with the same 8 bit interface....

there are 100's of stocks and most of them are still selling! the reason is that these consoles are like 400 rupees...that's the price of a DC controller!! so most of them still play Contra (which was a kick ass game!)...

the games cost like 150 rupees ($3)...it's selling really well, it has been for the past 6 years!! people haven't even played the 16 bit consoles yet!!
bizzare ain't it? :idea:

anyways if there are any die hard NES fans out there, come here and it will be your heaven! but if you have a console like a DC, then get the hell outta here coz u won't find nothing! :(

i don't think there's any other country out there which still manfactures and sells 8 bit consoles! yay! my country rules! NOT! :roll:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You see them in British markets all the time. They don't sell anywhere near as well as they do in India, though. Do you get the ones with dance mats and lightguns over there?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

You see lots of them them in China,
you can buy them in Singapore,
at the markets and bazaars in the former Yugoslav republics(Serbia,Macedonia),
you see tons of them in Bulgaria,
tou can buy loads of them in Hong Kong.....

and they still cost $2-$3

:)
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Buckle up, we goin for a ride
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Games - $2-$3

There are many variations of these systems,which can look like any other sophisticated game console:

There's the:

- Terminator 2 - looks and feels like a SEGA Mega Drive 2.

- Soccer Station - like a PlayStation,even with PSX pads!

- Family Game - a faithful copy of the Japanese Famicom

- Super Drive - like a Nintendo Super Famicom/European SNES

- There are versions that look like a wireless PC Keyboard and have edutainment games that use the keyboard :)

This is nothing new :)
...and the most amazing thing is - they STILL sell like hotcakes!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Hawq wrote:Buckle up, we goin for a ride
*straps himself in behind Hawk and braces..
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Systems cost less than $10,depending on what "brand" you choose.
They come with a GUN,too.

I wanna play some Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley! Yeehaw!
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Forget emulators and stuff - buy a FAMILY GAME and some multi-game carts!
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

maybe we should all get crackin on some NES, SNES, and MD games and make some money!!!!!

i'm pretty sure GoatDan can supply us with the cartridges 8-)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Has anybody had any experience with pirate Mega Drive consoles? As in actual ones that accept proper Mega Drive or Genesis cartridges?

And how much do you see multi-carts for various systems going for? I've only seen them in Europe, and they seem pretty expensive for what they are.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

The Sega Drive 16-BIT is a good example of a bootleg Mega Drive 2 system.
It's the same as the Mega Drive 2,but it supports Original AND Bootleg cartridges,while the Mega Drive 2 doesn't :)

There's also the bootleg Sega Mega Drive 1,which is even better,with volume control and headphone jack,like the Mega Drive 1.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

There are also various models that come with built-in games inside the system in addition to the cartridge slot.If you find one of these,you're licky :)
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

THIS just got released over here
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

I hate antything that uses AA batteries instead of a good ol' power adapter.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Since we are talking about famicom clones, I thought I would take a picture of the ones that are currently in my room.

"Gunboy"- a controller famiclone with a gyn built into the joystick, and the trigger is located at the "Z" button spot on the N64 joystick. It has a famicom cart slot

"Game Player"- clone of a PSone. It comes with 2 controllers, a gun, hookups, a famicom cart slot and a cart that looks like an N64 cart with no sticker art.

"DR. BOY"- Gameboy clone that has a LCD game in the screen, hookups for TV and a gameboy multicart that has classic NES games on it that slides down into the DR BOY like a real gameboy.

2 "MAGICJOY" N64 controller clones. They are run on battery, or wall plug. They came with an extra controller for 2 player play, guns and can be hooked up to a TV. I used the grey one as my "bootleg portable". I run it on a 9 volt, and spliced the rca out from the joystick into the TV input on my mini tv and I have a game axe converter so I can play US NES games on it, although it is bulky and crashes a lot that way. The TV and "console" are connected with velcro. These joysticks have games hard wired into them, and they have famicom cart slots.

"Game playee"- Looks like a racing wheel joystick, but it has no built in racing games. It has a famicom cart slot, but I found it in a thriftstore so none of the hookups came with it, but I have made a 2nd player stick out of an official NES controller, and I run it on a 9 volt.

"GLK Book"- this is my favorite clone. It is in a laptop case, it came with all the hookups and joysticks, and a cart that goes into a hidden famicom cart slot. The cool thing about this clone and its cart is it has games in the cart like "typing teacher" that uses the keyboard to teach typing, and it has a basic program teacher so it actually has some educational games in it which is cool.

I also have a couple more clones not pictured here. I have a polystation which lookes like an original grey PSX, I have an xbox clone which is blue, and it has an ugly orange x on its top, and I have another joystick clone which is shaped like a dreamcast joystick.
Last edited by arrowhead on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I dont know what it is, but this is the only damn message board that image tags dont work for me on. I dont know what the problem is. One of you can fix it if you want so it will show up with the thread, or just copy and paste into your browser. That images are there.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Trust me having had a brother who lived in the Embassy in Dehli for a year, you do NOT want to go to India for any reason. Or maybe Dehli is just the cacophonous, moraless, superimpoverished, guaranteed to give you ecoli brown eye of the earth and other parts of India are nice, I dunno. But stay as far away from Dehli as you can if any of you are mad enough to venture to hindustan for bootleg carts and consoles.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

arrowhead wrote:I dont know what it is, but this is the only damn message board that image tags dont work for me on. I dont know what the problem is. One of you can fix it if you want so it will show up with the thread, or just copy and paste into your browser. That images are there.

Code: Select all

Use [img]*URL to image here*[/img]

In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

woah! looks like a lotta peeps r into 8bits!!!
hmmm, where does the console industry go then?
I have a polystation which lookes like an original grey PSX, I have an xbox clone which is blue, and it has an ugly orange x on its top, and I have another joystick clone which is shaped like a dreamcast joystick.
yeah! i saw Polystation! it's like 800 rupees...very affordable!
hey what's the XBOX clone called? does it REALLY play XBOX games? i want one!
Last edited by DeeMON on Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

Trust me having had a brother who lived in the Embassy in Dehli for a year, you do NOT want to go to India for any reason. Or maybe Dehli is just the cacophonous, moraless, superimpoverished, guaranteed to give you ecoli brown eye of the earth and other parts of India are nice, I dunno. But stay as far away from Dehli as you can if any of you are mad enough to venture to hindustan for bootleg carts and consoles.
stay away from india period! )()(
Has anybody had any experience with pirate Mega Drive consoles? As in actual ones that accept proper Mega Drive or Genesis cartridges?

And how much do you see multi-carts for various systems going for? I've only seen them in Europe, and they seem pretty expensive for what they are.
i saw a genesis clone, it's called media 16, but here's the cool part...
original genesis-> 3000 rupees
media 16-> 2000 rupees
smuggled genesis (the store is right next to the media 16 one!)->1000 ruppes...

hmmm, i bought the smuggled genesis! who said smuggling sucked? :twisted: