Bleem MGS Bugs...

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleem MGS Bugs...

Post by Van_Lardo »

I got MGS today at long last. It certainly is a wonder to behold...

But there's the bugs (as you'll know I'm gonna talk about seeing as how it's the title of this topic)...

First off: the borders!
I got a US copy of MGS and am using the copy of Bleem!MGS that I bought from my local games store here in Scotland. I'm using a European Dreamcast too.

And for some reason I'm loosing the top of the screen and there's a black border running along the bottom!

It's very annoying and I don't see why this is happening!

Secondly: The "freezing"
Whenever Snake disappears at the end of completing a mission in the VR training, he freezes and the screen jumps for a second. This MIGHT be my copy of MGS that does this, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem.

Finally: The fuzziness of some letters and screens
Maybe it's all part of the process of making the game smoother and nicer but the text especially on the screen looks, well... fuzzy! (Okay, I'm nit-picking a bit here, but I needed a "finally" to work this into perfect english grammar).

Help?

By the way: Awesome game, Rand! Keep up the GREAT work!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Borders - haven't noticed them but I'm playing a U.S. copy on a U.S. television in the U.S. - I'm boring like that.

The Pause - yeah if I recall (not home at the moment) the little "you did good" text fades in and causes a slight pause. I guess this doesn't happen on a PSX. My best guess is that the process of readying the text graphic to be faded in causes a slight pause. I'm used to playing lots of PC games where everything causes a slight pause (and since my video card is 2 years old, long pauses) so this is no big deal to me.

But as for the text - yeah, it's something that has bugged me. It's kinda like misplaced anti-aliasing. If you go back and look at bcGT2 you'll notice characters tend to "lap" over each other. It's particlarly pronounced on a VGA monitor. This is to be expected - 2D sprite based DC games look like ass on a VGA monitor and the text and such are basically sprites.

Schnapple
dcxbox
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by dcxbox »

you might want to buy the euro version of msg. that might help.
goodcow
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by goodcow »

*semi-spoiler*

Later on, on the lift down to Raven in the freezer, there's slowdown the entire time. (during the surprise fight, and just running around with it being empty)
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

That kinda sucks!

Thanks, though for the input anyway.

On playing it some more, I've noticed more and more things...

"Snake: I can see it in your eyes..."

How can he? Her eyes are so blurry it's a wonder that Snake can tell they ARE eyes! (What's up with Snake's eyes anyway?)

No offence, Bleem!... Honest!

Anyway, I DO have the UK version of MGS, but it wont run in 60htz like my US one does. And before some of you suggest that I'm crazy by buying the same game twice over, I should let you know: The UK one isn't actually mine, it's my friends on an extended loan (^_^) and the US one I got second hand for ?10 (the same price as the pack for MGS!).

Whassupwitdat?!!