Gay Marriage Ban Defeated

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gay Marriage Ban Defeated

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/ ... index.html

So, its just as it was before, not banned, but not allowed? :?
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

doesnt surprise me. why dont they just let people do what they want? being gay aint hurting nobody.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

the way I see it. They're gonna buy each other rings they're gonna live together they're gonna call themselves husband and husband or wife and wife all done legally. why can't they have the piece of paper that says so?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

It will be as it is right now: up to the states, which is exactly how Dick Cheney said it should be in October of 2000. :P
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Roofus wrote:It will be as it is right now: up to the states, which is exactly how Dick Cheney said it should be in October of 2000. :P
because his daughter is a lesbo.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Mikey1109 wrote:doesnt surprise me. why dont they just let people do what they want? being gay aint hurting nobody.

gays are responsible for the increasing gas prices
It's thinking...
Cn'Fused
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Cn'Fused »

Sounds fine to me.
If one state overwhelmingly bans gay marriage, why should a state that's pro-gay have to ban them too? The same goes for the vice-versa situation.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I think it is kinda dumn not allowing them to get married.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

You have to follow what a majority of the people want. Your personal feelings on it are irrelevant. The majority of people, and more importantly, elected officials in this country are opposed to it for various reasons. Don't expect it to become accepted any time soon.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

farrell2k wrote:You have to follow what a majority of the people want. Your personal feelings on it are irrelevant.
I don't think very many politicians do that. In fact, I'd say almost none of them do. If they always did what the majority wanted, then what exactly is the point of public officials anyways?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Mikey1109 wrote:doesnt surprise me. why dont they just let people do what they want? being gay aint hurting nobody.
I don't agree with you often but there you go. Basic.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

|darc| wrote:

gays are responsible for the increasing gas prices
dubya's a fag? :lol:
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

In the begining was adam and eve not adam and steve. All i got to say
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

No. In the beginning there was the Big Bang, followed by the fusion of hydrogen atoms that would eventually create microscopic creatures invisible to the naked eye, followed by millions and millions of years of evolution, which eventually created the human race as we know it.

A silly little rhyme does nothing to justify your ignorance and prejudice.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Captain Spaulding wrote:In the begining was adam and eve not adam and steve. All i got to say
Now you are bringing religion into this and not everyone belives in that. I do but it doesnt matter, havent you ever seen South Park with Stands gay dog and Big Gay Al shows him the ride?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Captain Spaulding wrote:In the begining was adam and eve not adam and steve. All i got to say
That's a very intelligent, original, thoughtful and insightful statement. I've never, ever heard anyone argue the case against homosexuality so eloquently. In fact, if more people were as educated as you obviously are, the world would be a much better place. You mustn't waste your time here. The world must not be deprived of the gifts you have to give to humanity. Go! Go forth and share the bounty of your intellect!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

farrell2k wrote:You have to follow what a majority of the people want. Your personal feelings on it are irrelevant. The majority of people, and more importantly, elected officials in this country are opposed to it for various reasons. Don't expect it to become accepted any time soon.
Yep, you're so right, hence why the bill was passed.

Oh, wait.
Roofus wrote:
That's a very intelligent, original, thoughtful and insightful statement. I've never, ever heard anyone argue the case against homosexuality so eloquently. In fact, if more people were as educated as you obviously are, the world would be a much better place. You mustn't waste your time here. The world must not be deprived of the gifts you have to give to humanity. Go! Go forth and share the bounty of your intellect!
lmao
It's thinking...
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

Wow every one here is able to express there thoughts so freely and not be flamed but when i say what i think.... There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....
Dont get me wrong i dont hate a person for being gay but i dont and never will support or agree that being gay is OK
No. In the beginning there was the Big Bang, followed by the fusion of hydrogen atoms that would eventually create microscopic creatures invisible to the naked eye, followed by millions and millions of years of evolution, which eventually created the human race as we know it.

So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Captain Spaulding wrote:Wow every one here is able to express there thoughts so freely and not be flamed but when i say what i think.... There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....

So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
I find it ironic that a Christian would use an emphasis on "theory" to knock the Big Bang Theory and support their Christian beleifs... :lol:
It's thinking...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Warmachine wrote:I think it is kinda dumn not allowing them to get married.
Haven't they always been allowed "civil unions" which is legally an equvalent to marriage?