"Beheaded" Marine returns to US

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

"Beheaded" Marine returns to US

Post by Roofus »

"QUANTICO, Va. - A U.S. Marine who disappeared in Iraq and turned up in Lebanon three weeks later arrived at a Marine Corps base south of Washington, D.C., on Thursday after six days of evaluation at a U.S. military hospital in Germany, a military official said.

Lt. Col. David Lapan, a Marine Corps spokesman, said Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun would continue to undergo a ?repatriation? process until it is determined he is fit and capable of returning to normal duty. He said the process could take from weeks to months.

Hassoun was not made available at Quantico for questions from reporters.

Hassoun left Ramstein Air Base in Germany on a morning flight aboard an Air Force C-5 Galaxy heavy transport plane and stopped first at Dover Air Force Base, Del., where he boarded an Air Force C-12 jet for the flight to Quantico.

A spokesman at Quantico, Marine Corps Capt. Jeff Landis, said Hassoun arrived at 3 p.m. ET, and was received by a military support team that arrived from Hassoun?s home base at Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Quantico is home to the Marines? Officer Candidate School and is a focal point for the service?s leadership training as well as the development of new warfighting concepts and technologies."

Read article
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

i wanna know the story behind this. sounds kinda fishy to me...
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

Its just because he is Muslim i believe is why they let him go. You seen what happened with Nick Berg And Kim whatever his name was.
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Captain Spaulding wrote:Its just because he is Muslim i believe is why they let him go. You seen what happened with Nick Berg And Kim whatever his name was.
I doubt thats why, there has to be another reason and the goverment probably not saying it :?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

They said on the news that they let him go because he promised never to return to the armed forces, that may or may not have been true.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Sephiroth wrote:They said on the news that they let him go because he promised never to return to the armed forces, that may or may not have been true.
I dont really think it is his choice is it? He has to or he must go to a different place I think.
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

Warmachine wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:They said on the news that they let him go because he promised never to return to the armed forces, that may or may not have been true.
I dont really think it is his choice is it? He has to or he must go to a different place I think.
I think in his case they may let him leave, after all, he was captured and nearly had his head cut off for this nation, he desearves that much.
Last edited by Sephiroth on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

A spy.
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

farrell2k wrote:A spy.
Hmmmmmm...got any proof of that, I'd be interasted in learning he truth.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

i was thinkin the same thing...how else would he be released and allowed safe passage all the way to lebanon? why didnt he return to where he belonged or whatever. why wasnt he found when crossing the border? hmm...
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Mikey1109 wrote:
i was thinkin the same thing...how else would he be released and allowed safe passage all the way to lebanon? why didnt he return to where he belonged or whatever. why wasnt he found when crossing the border? hmm...
if he is he's not a very good one. I hate to break it to you but the point of a spy is to make it so that no one call tell he is one. Sorry but no.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Sephiroth wrote:
Hmmmmmm...got any proof of that, I'd be interasted in learning he truth.
Yeah, I have proof, but I am hiding it from the entire world....
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

Random_Troll wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:
if he is he's not a very good one. I hate to break it to you but the point of a spy is to make it so that no one call tell he is one. Sorry but no.
alright mister troll, come in and sound like an expert already :P. of course he aint a spy, but isnt it weird that he did what he did? dont you wonder the answer to the question i posted?
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

I hate to break it to you, but you don't have to be seeded by someone to be a spy. There are good spies, and there are bad ones. You could just decide one day that you will give info and start collecting it, OR you can just decide to share what you know when asked... I am sure he gave his captors info about where he was staioned, troop numbers, etc. Oh, wait, this isn't how it works in the movies, so he couldn't possibly be a spy....
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Maybe his job was to look like a bad spy o_O
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

Warmachine wrote:Maybe his job was to look like a bad spy o_O
That explains it!
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

Random_Troll wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:
sometime the best way to "hide" is to "hide in plain sight"
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Rev. Layle wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:
sometime the best way to "hide" is to "hide in plain sight"
Yup just like in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, TGRI guy says that too except with the press. :wink:
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Troll got it. Ya's are reading too much into this. Just because it isn't how it works in the movies.. or it isn't exactly convienient, Spies are trained just a little bit. Maybe a little more. If they're still under as a spy.. a group of Dreamcast fans wouldn't be sitting around going 'Hey! Maybe he's a spy!'

Or someone fcuked up. Bad.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

he prolly just wanted to get the hell out of Iraq, maybe he met a girl or something and he thinks he's smarter than the american public and army intelligence