Doom 3 now Gold

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

MKE wrote:ive played the alpha 2 release and it run's about at about half speed on my laptop... (amd 2500+ xp mobile, 512mb ram, but its only got an ati 4x standard 64 shared mem card... but it runs unreal 2k4 so it should run this game...)

i will probably download it, and if it runs ill spend buy it, but i dont know if i want it for the pc, or the xbox.

i kinda like playing fps's on the controller, yes it's fun on the mouse and keyboard, but i liked unreal 2 better on xbox then pc so.... (plus rainbow six 3 i thought had decent controll on xbox)

i was thinking about preordoring it, but not untill i get a system spec's list.

hopefully, it will be around half life 2's spec list, and if so i can play it w/o a problem.
Not to wallow even more in the warez-ness, but there was no second alpha leak. That was a fake leak made by some warez group who added a map and changed a few things in the config.

Also, I can play it full settings full speed on my dualy XP, 9800XT, 1GB ram system. It seems to take up ~300-400MB of ram to run though so I would say that it would be reccomended to have over 512MB of system ram.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The OK Pope »

Here are the rediculous requirements:
* 2GHz CPU
* 512MB of RAM
* Radeon 9800/GeForce FX 5600 and up
* 5 channel sound card with speakers
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Those seem more like reccomended specs rather than minimum to run it
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

They had better be recommended and not required - why would any game like Doom 3 require a five channel sound card?

- Fuzmeister
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

This game is the reason I finally upgraded my PC. I'll probably end up buying it twice so that I can play system link co-op on the Xbox too. Lights off and surround sound headphones at the ready! :scared:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

CoasterKing wrote:Lights off and surround sound headphones at the ready! :scared:
Same here! What kind you got?
It's thinking...
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

I'm getting it for the xbox, does anyone know when that will come out?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Safety in Nimbus wrote:I'm getting it for the xbox, does anyone know when that will come out?
Fall 2004

They haven't given us an exact date yet
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

WhtCastle wrote:I'm pretty excited for it, I really liked the audio aspect when I played the Alpha. I'm going to need a graphics card update for sure though. (9200SE PCI!!!!!!11 PCI FFS!)
PCI? ... killer, man. What does that monster bench at?
Depending on my financial situation, I may upgrade my machine later in the year (in time for a possible Doom 3 demo?) but it's real low priority at the moment.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

If only in the spirit of it being a retelling of the first Doom they released a chunk shareware style eh?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Hawq wrote:If only in the spirit of it being a retelling of the first Doom they released a chunk shareware style eh?
that would be pretty nice.

I am really not interested in Doom 3, Quake 4, or Half Life 2 for some reason... FPS's kinda bore me these days I guess.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

sixteen-bit wrote:
WhtCastle wrote:I'm pretty excited for it, I really liked the audio aspect when I played the Alpha. I'm going to need a graphics card update for sure though. (9200SE PCI!!!!!!11 PCI FFS!)
PCI? ... killer, man. What does that monster bench at?

Very low.
/WhtCastle
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I haven't played the alpha, and I don't watch game videos so I'm looking forward to the demo - although if in the end it is just walking down corridors shooting zombies and demons with a shotgun with pretty graphics I'll be disapointed - given the 'big open spaceness' of recent big FPS titles like Halo, BF1942 and Far Cry it would be kind of disapointing to going back to endless corridors...
ace? wrote: I am really not interested in Doom 3, Quake 4, or Half Life 2 for some reason... FPS's kinda bore me these days I guess.
I don't think any of them will actually live up to the hype that has been generated up till now (and is presumably about to kick into full effect), but the guy who made ns_eclipse, ns_veil and ns_bast in Natural Selection :bow: (new patch coming soon guys, ready to bump #ns? :wink: ) is working on the Q4 maps so if nothing else it is going to ship with at least a few totally ownage maps
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I haven't played the alpha, and I don't watch game videos so I'm looking forward to the demo - although if in the end it is just walking down corridors shooting zombies and demons with a shotgun with pretty graphics I'll be disapointed - given the 'big open spaceness' of recent big FPS titles like Halo, BF1942 and Far Cry it would be kind of disapointing to going back to endless corridors...
ace? wrote: I am really not interested in Doom 3, Quake 4, or Half Life 2 for some reason... FPS's kinda bore me these days I guess.
I don't think any of them will actually live up to the hype that has been generated up till now (and is presumably about to kick into full effect), but the guy who made ns_eclipse, ns_veil and ns_bast in Natural Selection :bow: (new patch coming soon guys, ready to bump #ns? :wink: ) is working on the Q4 maps so if nothing else it is going to ship with at least a few totally ownage maps
Well, my new gaming mag (forgot which one, get too many for free, lol) said that doom III lives up to its hype and one of the only downfalls was the weak attempts at humor in the game. The writer of the article also said he literally lunged out of his seat 4 times in the game. Sounds like a cool experience to me.

He also said the outdoor environment looks amazing, with the dust rolling across the planet and everything. I think most of the game is inside though. Which is fine with me as it shows off the shadows and adds to the creepy atmosphere. Sound is supposed to be sweet too. You don't need a high end Audigy card or anything. Doom does all the 5.1 sound and takes up like 3% or so of the processing.

I think it should be pretty good, but I'm kinda doubting Half-Life 2 now with all the crap surrounding it.
Silence is Golden
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

I cant wait for Doom 3, ever since 2001. I have the machine to run it, too. At least it looking like the Xbox version.

2.4ghz
512 rd ram
100gig
radeon 9000(sucks but average)
some 60 dollar audio card
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I seriously can't believe Doom 3 is only a few weeks away. I always thought of Doom 3 as that far off game that will blow everyone away. Now that its finally here i can't believe it. I want to play it soo bad but i'm not going to put down the cash for a rig powerful enough to play it decently. Here's hoping the Xbox version is up to par
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Lunchbox wrote: Here's hoping the Xbox version is up to par
There is simply no way that Doom3 on Xbox will be anything near the PC version in terms of graphics quality (let alone controls...unless they make an Xbox keyboard ---or maybe one already exists, I dunno). Regardless, you will certainly not experience the amazing gameplay/graphics Doom3 has to offer with the Xbox version (as should be evident by the ridiculous recommended system specs).
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I fail to see how the Xbox version wouldn't be able to match it gameplay-wise. Regardless of how great the PC visuals are, they're still going to look fantastic on an Xbox. Remember, it only renders at 640x480, so that cuts down on the processing when compared to the ridiculous resolutions achievable on a PC.

As for controlls - that would depend on the player. I've always preferred console controls myself.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I fail to see how the Xbox version wouldn't be able to match it gameplay-wise. Regardless of how great the PC visuals are, they're still going to look fantastic on an Xbox. Remember, it only renders at 640x480, so that cuts down on the processing when compared to the ridiculous resolutions achievable on a PC.

As for controlls - that would depend on the player. I've always preferred console controls myself.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

i can care less about HL2 doom 3 i'm anticipating w/ a hard on. Hmmm...is duke nukem forever still in dev?