Official List of Most Violent or Politically Incorrect games

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Official List of Most Violent or Politically Incorrect games

Post by F8 »

Ok, fans of violence and politically incorrect video games, I present you with a thread of the worst of the worst. Bon appetite! 8-)

PC or Console:

-Grand Theft Auto 3
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

PC only:

-Postal 2
-Ethnic Cleansing (possibly the worst ever)

Please feel free to add to the list....

:D
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Super KKK Brothers - a hack of Super Mario Bros 2 for the NES that I found in a collection of ROMs once. Basically, all the baddies were black, and Mario and company all wore the traditional white robes. What little text is present in the game was also altered to reflect the extremist views of the organisation.

Very odd indeed. What's even odder is that it is even recognised by GoodNES :o.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Well I should have clarified: Commercial Games. Not hacks....or mods.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

az_bont wrote:Super KKK Brothers - a hack of Super Mario Bros 2 for the NES that I found in a collection of ROMs once. Basically, all the baddies were black, and Mario and company all wore the traditional white robes. What little text is present in the game was also altered to reflect the extremist views of the organisation.

Very odd indeed. What's even odder is that it is even recognised by GoodNES :o.
LOL I have that downloaded too. I bet we downloaded the same pack of roms.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Whilst the Gameboy Color version of Carmageddon wasn't particularly bad - other than in the sense that it was complete crap - the PC version caused quite a bit of contraversy when it first came out. The Playstation version replaced red blood with green, and humans with zombies, and was also pretty crap.

Cannon Fodder incurred the wrath of a major British tabloid and scores of war veterans. Aside from it's light-hearted depicition of war, it used the poppy as a game logo, which is the familiar emblem of the Royal British Legion. It was also released on Remembrance Day, which probably didn't help matters. The fuss was over the original Amiga version, and I don't remember any fuss over subsequent PC, Mega Drive and SNES version - possibly because they didn't contain the chirpy "War has never been so much fun!" opening song.

The Gameboy Color version did contain a (shortened) version of the song, but then not many people knew of it, possibly due to the massive conspiracy to ruin the UK's greatest ever software company, Sensible Software, for making everyone else look bad. Here's hoping for Sensible Soccer GBA )()(.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Manhunt of course
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Doom and Columbine
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Why was the original Grand Theft Auto left out of your post, whilst you mentioned GTA3 and Vice City? I remember more fuss being made over the original Playstation and PC versions of the game than any of it's sequels. By GTA2 I think everyone pretty much stopped caring, though.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I never did hear the fuss over GTA1, I don't think people paid much attention till they seen GTA3 on Playstation 2 which some people dub as a Kids machine. There are some stupid people out there who think every game system out there is designed for 8 year olds, and that every game on them should be for 8 year olds.

Some other games to add to the list would be:

Quarintine (old PC game involve a cab killing people)
Wolfenstein 3D
Rise of the Triad
Pretty much all your older FPS games.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Pok?mon. Quite a few parents got a bit upset about a game that requires you to capture animals, force them into confined spaces, and then force them to do battle with similar creatures. If I were a Pikachu, I'd be pissed about spending most of my time next to a pair of testicles, stuffed into a small spherical container.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:Pok?mon. Quite a few parents got a bit upset about a game that requires you to capture animals, force them into confined spaces, and then force them to do battle with similar creatures. If I were a Pikachu, I'd be pissed about spending most of my time next to a pair of testicles, stuffed into a small spherical container.
It is pretty brutal huh?
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

I'll add the Hitman game's.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I wouldn't add the Hitman series, whilst dark and quite violent at times they aren't really meant to be bad. For example you do kill bad people.

I think Postal, Manhunt and GTA1 should be near the top. I remember the fuss over GTA1.

Though Doom should top it.. it was the earliest brutal game I remember..

Maybe Castle Wolfenstien should be up there alongside Doom..
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

There was a bit of fuss over The Sims before it was released, because it was originally a lot more adult-oriented. For instance, you could watch them have sex, and when they used the shower their bits weren't blurred. It wasn't too big a deal, but enough to make them alter the game a bit.
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

az_bont wrote:There was a bit of fuss over The Sims before it was released, because it was originally a lot more adult-oriented. For instance, you could watch them have sex, and when they used the shower their bits weren't blurred. It wasn't too big a deal, but enough to make them alter the game a bit.
Man would that game have been creepy if they hadn't have changed it before its release.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Any Silent Hill game.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

thrill kill
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

az_bont wrote:Pok?mon. Quite a few parents got a bit upset about a game that requires you to capture animals, force them into confined spaces, and then force them to do battle with similar creatures. If I were a Pikachu, I'd be pissed about spending most of my time next to a pair of testicles, stuffed into a small spherical container.
I agree. Pokemon is teh sayten! @_@;

Actually, it was banned from some arabic countries for displaying satanic symbols or some crap.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

melancholy wrote:Any Silent Hill game.
call me a pussy, but those can also go into the category of scariest games ever.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Mortal Kombat
No signature.