Lynx Mess control config

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lynx Mess control config

Post by groundbeef »

Is the control config not fully emulated? I play Ninja Gaiden but have not yet found a way to use the option buttons. Can someone tell me what the button mapping is for this nice emu?
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

hehe...bump...maybe I should have put Ian's name in the title....
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Not really any point in bumping a topic that's less than 8 hours old. Anyway, I am sure Ian will answer your question when he sees it. I wish I could help you out, but I haven't really played with it all that much.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hi well press Up and start you should get the mess menu from there you can remap controls and the keyboard controls work as well. So you should be able to do this. From that menu you will see a lot of options those are change-able including button mapping.

Since there was next to no intrest i never made it any more userfreindly it is the only playable lynx emu on dreamcast. With some work it could be fullspeed and sound but really no intrest in it.

If i can addapt the cpu core from mess to the handy port we have a very good emulator.

As it is some what playable but does not load that many games.
Dreamcast forever!!!
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Thanks Ian....it plays Ninja Gaiden perfect with adjusted settings and thats all I care about. :D I like Rygar and one or two others too but Ninja Gaiden was the reason I downloaded it.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thats good to hear mate people told me it was not working that game a few times i guess they had a bad rom.
Dreamcast forever!!!