mirc session/neo dc

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
the panoptican
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

mirc session/neo dc

Post by the panoptican »

Hello everyone,

I will be available tonight for an online discussion regarding Neo DC. Those people who doubt us are welcome to come and question me tonight. It is much easier than playing tag on these discussion forums.
The rest of the info is available on our website:
http://www.geocities.com/panopticanus/neodcemu.html

The Panoptican
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

great irc chat you queer. Any relation to saddam?
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Couldn't even get on the damn server(s), irc admins don't know how to ban people right >_< . I don't recall ever going on dalnet.

If anybody knows what went on in the chat, report it here. Thanks. Couldn't even get on the damn server(s), irc admins don't know how to ban people right >_< . I don't recall ever going on dalnet.

If anybody knows what went on in the chat, report it here. Thanks.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
Swiss_Cheeseman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Swiss_Cheeseman »

Well, ill have to commend the neodc guy on one thing, he is a hell of a lot more convincing than saddam, even if it is fake.
Sifn't compact sigs
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Im not sure if i was late or not, but it said about 7:30 pacific time on DALnet in #neodc. i got there about 10:30 eastern time and when i entered threre was no one there and a message saying yes its fake and he knows he is terrible at altering graphix for the pictures he put onhis web page or some crap like that
the panoptican
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by the panoptican »

Actually Mr. JuddWack, our website *clearly* stated room #neodcemu because someone hostile (like yourself) registered the old room name.

Thanks to everyone who participated lastnight. I hope I answered your enquiries well. Chaos_X (dumb #$S!) posted a snip-it of the code. But everyone was well-behaved and really nice to deal with. Now you know a little more about the newest build and have a better idea of the release date.

I am often in our dalnet channel, so feel free to drop in if you want to visit. I will be updating the webpage shortly with some new pics, but I'm kinda busy right now. C-ya shortly..

The Panoptican
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

last time in the chatroom #neodcemu wrote:[10:44am] <Wasgo> I'd have to say, the dc scene is the most ungrateful scene on the net.
<panoptican> yeah.
I think it's the opposite. The users try to give so much support as they can. By releasing images, giving instructions, making screenshots and covers. Creating easy to burn tools and own made themes. No other similair site has this great support and devotion for the programmers!

The only difference is that all the stuff that we support has been released. When your emu is released you will see the same support and devotion. You will be suprised how many people are willing to help you!

My advice is to just wait with all your (promissing) announcements till you released it. And you will see how great this scene can be!
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
the panoptican
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by the panoptican »

Well,

Captain Skyhawk, it is a few people like Juddwack and Saddam that make the dc scene look ungrateful. So much flaming and spamming....it seems all I ever get around here is flak from people who want to see an immediate release.

Personally, for me, everything has to be "just-so" in order for me to be happy with a product. If I do an early release and it sucks, people will flame me. If I take forever, they think it's fake (btw, Neo DC has been in the works for almost 2 years now! We worked on it privately for about 1 yr before even telling anyone in the emulation scene. Of course, you have to consider that there have been a few hiatuses and tons of builds too). So either way, you can't win. I'd rather swallow my pride and have people think it is fake until I release it, rather than releasing what we have right now (which is still pretty cool, but far from done).

And for those who don't believe Neo DC does exist, you are mistaken! There is no way I would have continued a lie this long! Jeezuz, I would have beaten the record for the longest-lasting fake! It would be nice if one of these sites (dcemu or consolevision) hosted my project, seeing as they were willing to host Hairrybudda's psx emu with no real proof.

I have posted the readme file that comes with Neo DC on my website. And if you're so damn eager to get your hands on Neo DC, then you'll just have to hack into my ftp and download it illegally (sarcasm).

Keep checking back for updates!

The Panoptican
Heliophobe
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe »

Aside from some vague allusions in the programming forum, I never announced or even mentioned Smeg publically until I released a playable preview. I think keeping quiet about it was a good idea, considering there had been a couple of hoaxes around that time, and my claims might have seemed a bit outlandish in the NesterDC 2.0 days.

Nobody thought Smeg was fake, because nobody knew about it. Problem solved!
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Well, being that I was quoted, I felt I should probably respond in defense of my comment. I do think it's better for authors to just put out a release first, rather than build up hype (for any release, real or fake). But my comment refers more to the way authors get treated period. Atani took a lot of abuse for releasing a great emulator, and then even more in a source code issue. Regardless of flaws in the emu, or questions regarding legality of closed source, he gave something to the scene for free. People were acting all entitled and that really gets my nerves up.

Personally, I think the stuff I get here is great. I try to email authors to thank them for their great work, and also not complain about any flaws, since I couldn't do any better. I know not to get my hopes up about unpublished emus, not just because of fakes, but because sometimes they just don't happen (author loses interest, too difficult a project, or whatever). But the amount of flames directed to the people who haven't released projects is unfair at best. It is real? Only the author knows. Is prerelease hype a good thing? Probably not. But either way, people in this scene act far too spoiled a lot of the time. The scene doesn't owe anyone, anything. There are a lot of people who help the scene, with themes, and support, and all that. But until the level of abuse towards people, websites, and all that drops off, I stand behind my words.

Wasgo
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Can you blame me for being critical? After SuperCast, SaddSnes, the multiple n64 emultors it seems like 1/5 things that are talked about end up being fake. And those pictures on your web page look extremely fake. and even if they are real pictures, that doesnt mean it is a emulator. why dont you post a picture of your emulator playing a game. As for you not wanting a release and would rather swallow your pride, then that is up to you. but expect criticism after these turn of events. By the way, I havent heard feedback from anyone who was actually there last night besides you panopticon. can someone tell us what was goin on or have a log saved?