So is this right?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So is this right?

Post by groundbeef »

I run a hub(not going to say on what prog), but I need to make sure these facts are straight before I make public announcements.

Genesis Plus- Black Aura, working on sound and graphics issues and memory, will see an official release

Neo Geo CD-Ian Michael, working on sound and other code involving shadows

Nester SE-Scherzo, compatibility and some speed

Famicast-Scherzo, working on speed

SMS Plus-an update soon

GBA-is this a reality?

Saturn-I don't see this as a true possibility but you never know

I want to make sure I don't get any facts mixed up. That is a lot of news for a dead console. :)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Neo Geo CD - Ian Micheal, working on sound and fixing CDDA.

the shadows stuff has been fixed for a long time.

GBA - GPF is on vacation, but there should be an update relatively soon when he gets back.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Genesis Plus- Black Aura, working on sound and graphics issues and memory, will see an official release
Close enough. I've mostly been working on the video emulation, Warmtoe's been working on sound output, and we still need to re-write the menu system.
frogcoin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by frogcoin »

well a good proof that the dreamcast still has a long live. :mrgreen:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: So is this right?

Post by BlueCrab »

groundbeef wrote:Saturn-I don't see this as a true possibility but you never know
Forgetting poor project L already :(... Anyway, I'm working on a Saturn emulator for the Dreamcast, in case you don't feel like reading the Project L thread....
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Na haven't dismissed you BlueCrab...just looking at Saturn emulation in general. It would be one heck of an accomplishment if you succeed. In fact it would be the ultimate accomplishment seeing as we barely have a Saturn emu for PC. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. :D
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I think you should list that MetaFox and BlueCrab are each working on Saturn emulators. You can add in your own two cents about thinking it's not possible, but you should at least make mention of the fact that they're working on it.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Yes I have. They are both given mention...the only name I need is that of the author of the GBA emu now......I'll look through the other topics to find it.
I'm not saying it is impossible for Saturn emulation, obviously seeing that Bleem!
made PSX emulation so easy, perhaps Saturn emulation is not too far fetched. However seeing the intricate architecture of the Saturn with all of its processors I am not sure if the DC has the speed and power to handle all of them in emulation. I am no devver or professional, but it just seems it may be a very uphill battle. Do not take this as me bashing the people who are trying, that is not the case whatsoever. I praise them for their work and do not have any inclination of bashing them or trying to discourage them. :D
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

GPF is the one porting Visual Boy Advance to the Dreamcast. And, yes, it is a reality.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.