DCSpeccyalK V0.2 released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tyrell »

DARKGATE, can you tell me which .SLT games you tried, and which ones are do not correctly load ? Thanks.

_tyrell_
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

hey tyrell, i'm loving using the emu, but i have a question

could the keyboard function keys be used so they select the load screen and settings, state save screens etc. ? i use the controller in port 1 and have the keyboard in port 4, its real good on the keyboard, i've been playing "the pawn" with it. :D . but it would be even better if it could do this, can this be done somehow ?

also how do you save a snapshot, i use start and left shoulder then select save and when i press start no nothing saves ? how do you do it ?

oh and mine doesnt seem to be diskswapple, is it ?
if so how do i do a rescan to get to the new disk ?
if not can this be added ?

and about the key configs saving, could there be an option to save them for the game instead of them saving automatically, if i'm trying a load of games out then i goto the vmu screen, i got loads of saves i dont want.

sorry about all the questions
they're only suggestions hope you don't mind.

:wink:
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Infogrames(in particular THE LIGHT CORRIDOR) games are playable with full sound?
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by tyrell »

could the keyboard function keys be used so they select the load screen and settings, state save screens etc. ? i use the controller in port 1 and have the keyboard in port 4, its real good on the keyboard, i've been playing "the pawn" with it. . but it would be even better if it could do this, can this be done somehow ?
Yes, could be done ! But I have some more important things to do before (among other things, tzx support). I keep the idea anyway.
also how do you save a snapshot, i use start and left shoulder then select save and when i press start no nothing saves ? how do you do it ?
When the menu appears, press left/right to select LOAD/SAVE and then START to confirm load/save. If there's not enough memory on the vmu card, the menu will exit immediately without any error messages so be warned.
h and mine doesnt seem to be diskswapple, is it ?
Yes, I'm aware of it. The next version will be recompiled with KOS 1.2.0 (I'm using 1.1.9) and it should fix it !
and about the key configs saving, could there be an option to save them for the game instead of them saving automatically, if i'm trying a load of games out then i goto the vmu screen, i got loads of saves i dont want.
Good point! I'm going to add an option which will display "save key config ON/OFF".
they're only suggestions hope you don't mind.
No problem. I appreciate feedback, be it positive or negative.

_tyrell_
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:) bye tyrell
the games .SLT are: GAUNTLET 128 VERSION (when at the first level go to level 8, and load the next level, the game crash.

GAUNTLET 2 128 VERSION (the game load bad, you can't choose the charater select, and start the game without the design of sprite of player.
(are invisible) O_O

p.s. i have this two games in .SLT version, others don't know :| , if see others problems i tell you.
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

Hi tyrell I love this Speccy Emu I remember the old days when I had a 48k & 128K also.

In 128K mode of emulation is there a way on the DC Keyboard to move the menu down to 128 Basic I fancy messing about with some old BASIC progs I still have in some Spec mags I have lying around. :)

Thanks in advance. :D
Regards.

CyberMick.
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by tyrell »

In 128K mode of emulation is there a way on the DC Keyboard to move the menu down to 128 Basic I fancy messing about with some old BASIC progs I still have in some Spec mags I have lying around.
Yes, you can move in the menu using the 5,6,7,8 keys (don't remember which 2 exactly can be used to move up/down).

Have fun !

_tyrell_
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

Thanks tyrell I have tried this on my keyboard but the Menu doesn't move for me.

I shall try again.

Thanks.
Regards.

CyberMick.
Coagulus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Coagulus »

You have to press CAPS SHIFT and 6 and 7 to move the menu up or down on the 128. CAPS SHIFT is probably mapped to one of the SHIFT keys on the DC keyboard.

I haven't burnt the latest one yet - am looking forward to doing so though when I buy some more CDRs!
COAGULUS
:;;::;;;;:::;
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

@Coagulus

Thanks for the tip I shall check it out. :)

EDIT: Wow thanks! I used the left trigger to turn on the Caps Shift & Symbol Shift and then pressed the Right Shift on the DC Keyboard and it worked.

Thanks Coagulus. :D
Regards.

CyberMick.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:wink: hello, i have tested a lot of games, and write their problems.

JET SET WILLY 128K version (no sound)
DIZZY CRISTAL KINGDOM 128K VERSION (problem graphic glitches when the sprite move at the right)

SHADOW OF THE BEAST (PROBLEMS OF COLLISION)

i have see wich the file wich have a simbol _ the emulator don't load, or crash.

I put other games by my testing bye :wink:
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:wink: NEWS

DRUID 2 (dont' load)

FEUD 128K (dont' load)

OUT RUN (afther the screenshoot of presentation, you choose of play, the game make reset the emulator)

SABOUTER 2 ( problems with sound)

GHOST' N GHOBLINS (afther the presentation, the game CRASH)
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by tyrell »

DARKGATE:

Can you tell me which version of the games you have tested (TAP/SLT/SNA/Z80) ?

Thanks.

_tyrell_
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

DARIUS 128 K (no sound)
DOMINATOR (NO SOUND)
BED LAM (graphic gliches)
LANCELOT (don't load)
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

ok ^_^ excuse me tyrell

DARIUS 128K .TAP
DOMINATOR 128K .TAP
BEDLAM.TAP
LANCELOT.TAP
GHOST'N GHOBLINS.Z80
SABOUTER 2 .Z80 AND .TAP
OUT RUN.Z80 AND .TAP
FEUD 128K.TAP
DRUID 2.TAP
DIZZY CRISTAL KINGDOM.128K .TAP
JET SET WILLY 128K .Z80 AND .TAP
SHADOW OF BEAST .SLT
------------------------------------------------
THE END FOR NOW :wink:
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by tyrell »

A little question : before loading the 128k versions of the .TAP/.Z80 games, do you switch to 128k mode in the options menu and do you reset the emulator ? If you don't do this it won't work.

_tyrell_
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

Sure, i switch to 128k modein the optiuon menu and reset :).

Try :)
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

hi tyrell, hows it going lately with the emu ?

and do you know why the sprites flicker badly in some games ?
the ones i've noticed it in are Cobra and Barry mc boxing,
its something because it doesnt happen on the real thing, any ideas ?

also i've noticed that when the spectrum plays certain sounds it slows down the emulation? this is not just in 128k mode, what can be done about this ?

another thing, will the saving of snaps to the vmu be able to be compressed somehow, cos they are mighty big, don't know if this can be done ?

oh and how fast can this actually run ? or is it running as fast as it will go ?,
if not can there be an option to run faster than normal speed, some 3d games would be good if this could work ?

and what does the fast rendering and frame skip options actually do ?

1 more, can this emulator be used somehow for zx81 emulation ?

i hope its still going ok, i love this emulator, this is one of the best spectrum emus on any platform, it runs smoother than spin on my pc :)
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:| RENEGADE.TAP (game is slow, with music)
:| RENEGADE 3 (at the load presentation, the game freeze)
:| BIONIC COMMANDO.TAP (bugs when play)
:| All the games of monty have many bugs
:| ROCHY ORROR SHOW 128K .TAP (Problems with music)
:| All the GAMES of jet set willy 128k don't work or no music
:| RAINBOW ISLAND.TAP (bugs, many bugs, there aren't some platforms)
:) MY TEST CONTINUE AT THE NEXT EPISODE EHEHEH BYE.
tyrell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by tyrell »

>hi tyrell, hows it going lately with the emu ?

Well, I have stopped development since I am updating the gp32 version.
As soon as I have finished adding chatboard support to the gp32 version I'll continue development (tzx ...).

>and do you know why the sprites flicker badly in some games ?

Yes, because the emulation is not cycles-exact. Given that so few games have this problem I don't think I'll dig the code to fix it.

>also i've noticed that when the spectrum plays certain sounds it slows >down the emulation? this is not just in 128k mode, what can be done >about this ?

No idea at the moment ;)

>another thing, will the saving of snaps to the vmu be able to be >compressed somehow, cos they are mighty big, don't know if this can be >done ?

Snapshots *are* actually compressed. Usually size is divided by 2 but because I'm compressing Z80 images the compression rate is usually lower...

>oh and how fast can this actually run ? or is it running as fast as it will >go ?,
>if not can there be an option to run faster than normal speed, some 3d >games would be good if this could work ?

No such option is planned, sorry ...

>and what does the fast rendering and frame skip options actually do ?

Fast rendering build the screen in one shot, slow rendering builds the screen line by line (more accurate, *fixes* sprite flickering in most games, e.g. greenberet, gng ... but sound is more choppier).

>1 more, can this emulator be used somehow for zx81 emulation ?

No, and will never be.

>sorry about all the questions

No prob.

>i hope its still going ok, i love this emulator, this is one of the best >spectrum emus on any platform, it runs smoother than spin on my pc

Thanks !

_tyrell_