Genesis Plus preview

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

Errr, I've used DI countless times, but for some odd reason this PVR3 sbi from sbiffy.com isn't making a rom directory. I thought I would test out SuperFamicast at the same time with this disc, so I'm pretty sure the Roms directory I have is for that, CV says I'm supposed to put the Geny roms in the Genesis folder, but I don't have one..
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

You can put the ROMs to whereever you like. It's free directory browing :D

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
cagmere
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cagmere »

I can't wait to test this out. It seems like the dream is finally about to come true! One question though...how is the compatibility so far?
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

can someone send me the files at law56k@yahoo.com
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

http://dev.dcemulation.org/mamed/genplus3.zip -working plain files.

This release is amazing- now its at the point where speed matches and sometimes surpases sega's. Other then the loopy glitches, sound is cleaner then segas. Compatibilty is much better and no country lockouts on the games ive tested so far..
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

law56ker wrote:can someone send me the files at law56k@yahoo.com
There you go, it's the SBI. I tried extracting a BIN from it, but it didn't seem to work correctly on Demo Menu.
Edit: Thanks, DCSteve, that's just what I needed! :D
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Wow this is awesome. I'm so excited!!! I'm burning a copy for a friend right now! )()( )()( )()(
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Wow, I didn't think it would be this nice. about 95% of the games I tested all ran at full speed with sound. There are some glitches, but they're not too bad. The sound skips a bit, but it sounds more authentic than the MIDI sounding Smash Pack. There are some games that aren't working yet, such as Comix Zone and Toy Story. They start, but when the gameplay kicks in, it freezes. There are also some games that are too glitchy to play, such as Fun N' Games (don't laugh at my choice of games here) but I'm really surprised at how this is coming.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Just tried it and it's awesome, it's funny how good sound can make the emulator a lot more fun. I tried arcade basketball game it seemed nearly full speed but there was graphical glitches, the lines around the arena whered mis aligned there was also some minor sound issues. I know this can be fixed as i've seeen the same glitch on another emulator and it is fixed by changing the layering settings. Anyways i've very excited and can't wait to see a final release, with an awesome menu that I know there will be. The reason why this is possible is because of the teamwork of some great talent. Everyone continue to work together and it invite new talent cause this is the way succesful projects are accomplished. I just got a region lockouts in european games and japanese games, thought i'd mention that. Great job
Last edited by law56ker on Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

DcSteve wrote:http://dev.dcemulation.org/mamed/genplus3.zip -working plain files.
That one doesn't reset the system, but I can't burn it for testing as I'm out of cdrs.

No promises on this one either, but I can ensure that it was properly assembled:
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy ... us3_bO.sbi
Last edited by burnerO on Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I tested the plain files steve posted using dir2boot and it worked fine. Testing more games and so far great results. Will the analog stick be an option to use in the feature as the dreamcast d-pad makes my finger sore after playing games for an extended period of time. So I guess saving won't be possible until the creator of genesis plus implements it. That whould be cool if someone could contact him about the issue.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Thanks burner and steve. Hopefully one of those will work.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Good Job!
:wink:
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Yes it's awesome, right now I am testing various games and documenting the issues i find. So far I am very pleased with the results. I've had minor graphical glitches that is mostly stair stepping of boundaries in sports games,and other games that use special graphical modes. I had region lockouts of european and japanese games. And some lockups on startup. Thats on a low percentage of games and hopefully with testing those issues will be resolved. Wow wow wow, is all i can say, I never thought i'd see this I really did give up hope on a fullspeed genesis emu with nice sound.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

Nice release, many thanks to all those working hard on the project. Great speed too.
And for bug reporting:
NBA Hangtime launches, but when the announcer's voice comes up and says which teams are playing after selecting a team, it immediately crashes when the gameplay is about to load. After crashing, the game resets.
I love the quality of the sound emulation, it beats the Smashpack by far. It sounds great, but it seems to be a bit fragile. If a lot of action is going on at the same time, the sound seems to go backwards and then loop the section up to when it skipped. But if your character is still and the game is calm, the sound seems to work perfectly.
Great progress so far!
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

law56ker wrote:Yes it's awesome, right now I am testing various games and documenting the issues i find.
Might be a good idea not to. These are just preview releases, BA more than likely will know what's causing the issues you find already. Just enjoy the games :) Then again, if you do he may seem to find something he didn't know.

When the "gold" version is released I'm sure that will be a better time to document issues you may find.

NOTE: Anything about sound, or "driving games" like Outrun, the special stages on Sonic 2, or Super Thunderblade. Misalignment of some graphics or downright crap on the screen may be better. Or games not working at all or games 'breaking' also.
Last edited by Storminator16 on Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Everyone can breath a sigh of relief with the news that i have! Shaqfu works near perfection.
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

law56ker wrote:Everyone can breath a sigh of relief with the news that i have! Shaqfu works near perfection.
thanks! I needed a good laugh :D
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

finally got around to testing it (the SBI 3 from consolevision worked fine for those interested), and i must say, this is great news.

although the sound could use a lot of work, in some ways (namely sonic 2 & general chaos) it's better than the illegal rip - which i swear i haven't tried - already. fantastic.

a suggestion about button mapping, though - could you consider remapping it to:

A : B
B : X
C : A

as that setup is a lot more logical for the dreamcast controller (as in, who the heck doesn't use X to shoot and A to jump :D )

keep up the great work.
elefas
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by elefas »

Great, great, great!
__.:/|D|C|___eLef@s___|S|E|G|A|\:.__