Neogeo cd now using the c68k

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Only one winner the public. Were working together neogeo project has prolly been the best team work project in the scene so far. looks like genesis plus is next. glad i could set a good example. What i want people to do when wraggster interviewed me.

Winner = the public not one emulator or the other.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
kyslug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kyslug »

it doesn't really matter to me which dreamcast emulator is named "emulator of the year", everybody wins when they sit in my seat. i have the pleasure of playing neo-geo cd on my dreamcast now (fullspeed) and perhaps (hopefully) a fullspeed genesis emu with great sound and zip support will develop before the year's end. as far as "emulator of the year", who knows how far gpf will take his highly anticipated gba emu, both the neo-geo cd and gba were once thought to be more difficult to emulate on the dreamcast (maybe even impossible) so i think those are the more crowning achievments. i sure am grinning right now at the possibility of playing through the whole phantasy star series on my dreamcast though.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

MetaFox wrote:
Link2k4 wrote:if we get the cd audio bug and the sfx going, no doubut this will be the ultimate emulator of the year.
With Genesis Plus advancing like it is, there will be doubt as to which is emulator of the year. ;)
like my sig says, 2004 the year of dreamcast.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

kyslug wrote:it doesn't really matter to me which dreamcast emulator is named "emulator of the year", everybody wins when they sit in my seat. i have the pleasure of playing neo-geo cd on my dreamcast now (fullspeed) and perhaps (hopefully) a fullspeed genesis emu with great sound and zip support will develop before the year's end. as far as "emulator of the year", who knows how far gpf will take his highly anticipated gba emu, both the neo-geo cd and gba were once thought to be more difficult to emulate on the dreamcast (maybe even impossible) so i think those are the more crowning achievments. i sure am grinning right now at the possibility of playing through the whole phantasy star series on my dreamcast though.

Yeah no save support in genesis plus at all. I had shining force fullspeed with sound 6 month ago. SDL version. Games vary on speed very much just like neogeo cd.
Dreamcast forever!!!
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

so is anyone going to implement save support? is that on the back burner for now.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Pc versions it's based on has no save support at all. genesis plus i used was the windows version for the port i did. with the c68 core in it's pretty much fullspeed now. not release it thou dont want to spoil the launch of the new one.

Black aura used dos version.
Dreamcast forever!!!
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

can someone please post a link to the plain files. I don't use sbi that much and just like using plain files. So I guess there is no way we will have save support then?
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Plain files would be much appreciated by me as well. Awesome team, awesome emulator. Can't wait to get this all up and running.

Good work on genesis plus as well! oh man, I'm stoked for the dreamcast scene right now. All we need is a dreamsnes update and this place is going to be loaded. :o
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

New RADquake version with pvr reading is coming out one day soon to with 50/60 selector as wlel. Speud helped me out with it.

Really good!
Dreamcast forever!!!
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

hey i didnt forget you dont worry ;) i still want to implement VM support in it, and the pvr rendering needs some fixes. though if you want to release it as it is go on, just let me now.

to go back on topic im really curious to see how the new core is boosting neocd, it was already very fast before so that should be really amazing now.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah pretty amazing now. Im just adding some features ive wanted to and try to get it to compile easyer for the public.

No ill wait to release it to much going on right now.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Got a problem

30 sec = 1 sec on the timer now it's that fast.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Stef.D
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Stef.D »

Is there any sort of RTC in NeoGeo CD ?
Is this bug in all games ?
Did you tried with musashi ?

If NeoGeo CD has any internal timer, maybe i broken something when i did the switch to C68K... or maybe just a C68K bug.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Seems to only happen with c68k Does not effect all games any mostly only the select screens when you select some thing like player it counts 30 then 0.

In game the timer works. Seems like some bug still playable Kof games seem to be broken.

There is a rtc and a watch dog timer. Im working on interface and tidying things up so it has a new splash screen all the txt msg are in box's now which looks more pro. My music track mp3 is back still loads all games it did before it.

Some adding bits just makes it fun.

Im tossing up if i should release a test build.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Stef.D
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Stef.D »

Does watch dog timer or RTC use some 68000 functions as M68K_GetOdo ? i don't remember that...
IT's probably a very stupid bug ... i hope it will be easy to find it.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

This is the timer functions pd4990a_init(); file named the same name has all functions to do with it. Happens with the kof games in rounds. and the metal slug games when selecting who you want to play. Other then that the timer works in game and counts normaly. Dont know whats up with it. Still fine it's the first time it's run with this core no game has crashed now for me that i have. Just this timer bug. Every thing else is working as well as the old core just much faster.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Emulator of the year...
or
Year of the emulator? There have been so many great dreamcast emulators and emulators for dreamcast.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah biggest year i have seen.

Games that are now broken.

Viewpoint does not work at all
Kof games timer counts down 30 = 1 sec or trips some thing to make it think 30 = 0.

not sure.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Digital Chaos wrote:Emulator of the year...
or
Year of the emulator? There have been so many great dreamcast emulators and emulators for dreamcast.
Definetly the latter, good luck fixing that problem Ian, you have done some great work so far, of course with the help of Stef.D :-)
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

IAN IAN IAN! HEE HEE! My internet was down, and the second it coems back up I see this! YIPPEE! WHAHOO! lmao. sorry, but this is friggin' awsome!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>