Genesis Plus preview

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by burnerO »

If it resets then more than likely the packager didn't descramble it.

I'll take a look at it.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Na BA I'm not evenly remotely blaming you. I jerry rigged it and got it to work finally. I stole the bin from SBI 4 and used Susas Self Boot and it works fine. I'm going to test out some roms now. :)
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BlackAura you rule! This emu is getting so good. :) Thank you! Many games run so good it brings tears to my eyes.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Contra Hardcorps and Mortal Kombat work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so many more

This is pure bliss BA, many many thanks!!!!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Looks like I have a similar problem as others. I downloaded the sbi from sbiffy late last night (10:00 EDT). I get the emu to show up in my menu at least, but when I try to start it up, I get either a static black screen or DC reboots and I'm taken back to the menu (the menu of emu's/homebrews, not the DC menu).
RxTech
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

So Happy

Post by RxTech »

:D
I tried this one out last night! It was Great. I have been really wanting some sound to go with my games.

Tried Shining forces 2.......Sound was a little delayed and repeated some but was much better than none at all. Game speed was great. Did have problems with the screen....Part of the screen shows up again right beside the full screen.

Still think it is great cna't wait for the final version.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If it resets then more than likely the packager didn't descramble it.
As far as I know, it was never scrambled in the first place. I released it as source code only, and Metafox compiled it and made the SBI. I don't think he'd scramble it if he's going to make an SBI of it.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

I have yet to ever use an .sbi of anything. This is why I don't like .sbi's; I think it confuses the clueless even more.

I know, I'm speaking 'scene blasphemy'...

:D
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

Have tried many games......a lot of glitches and sound issues, but man this thing is still pure ownij with the games that work right. In the short time this has been worked on it has come a long ways. Speed is tremendous for many of the higher games like Thunder Force 4. I predict this will be the best emu for DC along with Nester, sms plus, and Neo SDL.
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

this emu rocks :P

but there is one thing a bug maybe?
then i use dchakker too load the emu
and browser the list of games
it reboot it self back too the dc hakker meny?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Fixed the SBI, and am uploading it to Sbiffy right now. It's called GenPlus_prev3.sbi Download should be available in less than five minutes.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

DCHakker might be causing some problems. It's been know to do that sometimes.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Storminator16 wrote:I think the .sbi is fudged. I've seen too many problems with the sbi version on multiple sites.
I can get the sbi to work with dcload. It loads and when it shoul execute, it does nothing.
retroman9999
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Do plain files exist?????

Post by retroman9999 »

I tried the sbi files....they don't work. I used the original ELF file of the 1st Genesis Preview Release, converted to BIN, scrambled it, and it worked, but is a little unstable. My question is......does anyone know where to get PLAIN files for the PREVIEW 3 release??????
I'm dying to try this out.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Do plain files exist?????

Post by doragasu »

retroman9999 wrote:I tried the sbi files....they don't work. I used the original ELF file of the 1st Genesis Preview Release, converted to BIN, scrambled it, and it worked, but is a little unstable. My question is......does anyone know where to get PLAIN files for the PREVIEW 3 release??????
The elf released worked fine for me, but even curt_grymala's SBI doesn't work for me with this release.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

doragasu wrote:
retroman9999 wrote:I tried the sbi files....they don't work. I used the original ELF file of the 1st Genesis Preview Release, converted to BIN, scrambled it, and it worked, but is a little unstable. My question is......does anyone know where to get PLAIN files for the PREVIEW 3 release??????
The elf released worked fine for me, but even curt_grymala's SBI doesn't work for me with this release.
whoo, just like the smashpack!

great job, blackaura!

</sarcasm> sorry, i couldn't resist. i haven't actually burned it myself yet - all i can add to the discussion is that fackue's checker seems to properly identify it as unscrambled.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

That's a bummer if the sbi still doesn't work. That is the only thing I know how to work with in addition to plain scrammbled files.
groundbeef
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by groundbeef »

I can e-mail the plain files to anyone (bin and Ip), I don't have the ability to really run a download link. So someone give me an e-mail addy and i'll send you the plain files of v.3
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i burned mine as a non-selfboot disc. i made sure the .bin was unscrambled using fackue's 1st_read file checker. burned it with nero 5. i burned it on a cdrw and adjusted the dc laser to read it.

as far as you guys getting rebooted maybe the bin is scrambled? i remember having to unscramble it using the file checker. thats the prob. sbi needs to have unscrambled bins.

also a quick tip for you guys, if it is scrambled and reboots, you can always use DCHakker or demomenu to load the scrambled bin.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

The original bin released loaded fine via DreamInducer, but this one doesn't for whatever reason. :?: