Genesis Plus preview

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Just people are complain about it skiping and such. It's pretty easy to convert to mono ive done that a few times. Im sure you can optmize it for dreamcast. FM emulation needs to be abit faster disable this and it runs fullspeed now with your changes to me any way. So the sound bottle neck to me is FM emulation.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mikey242 »

Hey great work guys I just read through all the posts, I didnt realise you had it full speed without sound! Thats excellent. Sorry if this has been answered already but what are the chances of it running fullscreen at the same speed?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

One of the MD's video modes (320x224) does run full screen, because it's (almost) the sme resoultion as the Dreamcast. The other video mode (256x224) isn't full screen, but most games use 320x224 anyway.
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Oh I see, thanks.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

The last thing to implement would be an optimized Z80 core and then it'll have 48kHz sound with Frameskip comparable to the one of NesterDC I guess.

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

quzar wrote:
BlackAura wrote:The 32x has a lot of other hardware in it aside from an SH-2
ok. either way, its games sucked =P
hehe. Knucles Chaotix it's the only one that i remember i liked :) .
There was also a game designed for the MD+SCD+32x, Farenheit, i think , lol
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

im pretty sure there were a total of three combo games =P
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

I wonder what would be 'easier' :? to do: 32X or SegaCD?

SegaCD probably not without a Z80 and Motorola68K in SHx
...and Sega32X would have similar probs than Saturn on DC anyway
When emulating SegaCD you could use the CD streaming to gain some free CPU time but ... oh well...

Let's talk about it again next year :wink:

I would be (one of) the happiest person(s) on earth with the final release of the current version of GenesisPlusDC :D

Chris
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I would be (one of) the happiest person(s) on earth with the final release of the current version of GenesisPlusDC
I wouldnt be(though I get what you mean). Updates are always good, even on a perfect emu. The little things are cool.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Christuserloeser

Nico0020 wrote:
I would be (one of) the happiest person(s) on earth with the final release of the current version of GenesisPlusDC
I wouldnt be(though I get what you mean). Updates are always good, even on a perfect emu. The little things are cool.
I agree :!: I meant the official release :) will take some time though.

Chris
frogcoin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by frogcoin »

i have another doubt. genesis plus support cd-swap and browse the cd?

thx :mrgreen:

i see some screenshots made with chankast but some say its not accurate these screenshots.

ill put gen plus in my next SBI compilation, that's why about the cd-swap :D
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

yes it supports cd swap, once you changed your cd press B to rescan the parent (or root if no parent) dir. youll be able to browse your CD and open the dirs as well.
chankast's screenshots are not relevant at all, the graffix are near to perfect most of the time.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

i just cannot believe that will be no segacd emulation at all...
games like LORDS OF THUNDER(not equal to super cd version), SILPHEED and SNATCHER will pass away.

:|
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

wait, you have sound at 44khz? turn it down to 22khz for the sake of speed, please, it does not need to be that high.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Salamander2 wrote:i just cannot believe that will be no segacd emulation at all...
games like LORDS OF THUNDER(not equal to super cd version), SILPHEED and SNATCHER will pass away.

:|
Whatever happened to Salamander? :D Anyhoot, who gives a damn about Sega CD or 32x emulation? Oh, yeah, some of you guys do :P Here's my honest opinion to everyone's question on this: stop asking. The scene, after 4 years, barely have any full speed Genesis emus. So, everyone knows the rules about Sega CD emulation. Stop asking!

Besides, the Sega CD sucked. Sure, it may have had 2 or 3 good games but it doesn't have an immaculate collection of titles. :D Why anyone would want a 32x emu is beyond me.
ethoscapade wrote:wait, you have sound at 44khz? turn it down to 22khz for the sake of speed, please, it does not need to be that high.
huh?
frogcoin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by frogcoin »

ethoscapade wrote:wait, you have sound at 44khz? turn it down to 22khz for the sake of speed, please, it does not need to be that high.
doing this would improve the speed? then at least until the emulator gets better this is a good choice to gain speed.

what about a save that keeps all the changes in Z80 and frameskipping (and sound if someone wants it too) for each game so the emu doesn't need to be perfect at every game and just apply the configs to get the best of that game.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Konami not released the suggested title "super gradius" for the mega/segacd at that time...and salamander does not exist for segacd.
other great shooters in this line is BARI-ARM, SOUL STAR, NOVASTORM...they all are segacd exclusive.

Besides, the Sega CD sucked.

NO COMMENTS!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Storminator16 wrote:Besides, the Sega CD sucked. Sure, it may have had 2 or 3 good games but it doesn't have an immaculate collection of titles. :D
Actually it had a number of good titles. But if anyone really wants to play them, there is 1) Gens for PC/Xbox and 2) Actual, affordable, Sega CD units.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

frogcoin wrote:
doing this would improve the speed? then at least until the emulator gets better this is a good choice to gain speed.

what about a save that keeps all the changes in Z80 and frameskipping (and sound if someone wants it too) for each game so the emu doesn't need to be perfect at every game and just apply the configs to get the best of that game.
Who said anyone was using 44kHz?

Let's set the record straight: please do not make requests and such until the emu is finished. I'm sure Warmtoe & Metafox compiled those previews for everyone to enjoy, not for everyone to make requests & suggestions for the emu. Just enjoy the darn thing.

I'm sure BA has a plan for what he wants his emu to be. I'm sure if he wanted everyone's input on it he would ask. I'm not trying to be a sour-ass, but I think people are used to having things their way but they aren't capable of doing the cooking. Understand? :)
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

When I get back form vacation this is gona be one of the first things I burn for my ol dc.Cant wait to try it.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God